Here I am again!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
SweetRose
Master Member

Here I am again!

Post by SweetRose »

I've missed you all and I am starting over with LDL; Began again last week and I really, really want to stick with it this time! It was the old devil chocolate that did me in. :ymblushing: The first time I did LDL I was very successful. I only had about 15 pounds or so to lose. Now I have about 35 - at least- to look and feel good. I want to get back that old enthusiasm that I first had!

Has anything changed? Are there any updates? Any new foods tested and allowed?

I enjoy reading everyone's posts and I truly want to stick with this wonderful plan this time!

I do have a question: I know the results vary with each individual, but what do you think is the average weight loss in 4 months on LDL? Say, with moderate exercise three times a week? If you who have lost- and most of you have- would share your own personal stories regarding the average weight loss during this time period, I would be greatly inspired. :D

Thanks so much!

SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Here I am again!

Post by LINDA RN »

Not very inspiring but I lost nothing the first 4months....
but no exrcise either. After the 5th month, I think I dropped 20lbs and then it just continued to fall off.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Linda! It is good talking to you again.

I'm so glad you lost the 5th month!

Is there anything you would have done differently the first 4 months if you could go back in time?

Thanks again~

SweetRose
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It's so good to see you back. :ymhug: JjF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sorry, been away from the boards a while. One thing after another.
Life happens. For the first 4-5 months I was pretty strictly LDL.
'Bout the only thing I could have done different is exercise, but most exercise for me just increases my appetite.
So I hung in there mostly for hubby who wanted to this and got a pleasant if not belated surprise.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Joyful Friend- it's good to be back!

SweetRose @};-
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

As to your original question: Results will vary depending on (A)what fruits and veggies you eat, (B) how you prepare them, (C)how much you eat and (D)how active you are.

(A) If you eat more veggies than fruit, you will lose weight faster. You don't need a lot of fruit in your diet, a few wedges of apple or a few strawberries are plenty. As fruits go, berries are better.

(B)Cooking veggies increases the sugars (more carbs). Eating fresh, uncooked veggies is best.

(C)Our mantra is eat until you are full, perhaps satisfied is a better word. Listen to your body, extra carbs increases blood sugars and you know the rest.

(D)This is thee hardest thing for most of us. Exercise is a luxury. Most of us have things we need to get done and going to the gym is just not on the table however we can all make little changes like parking our cars at the other end of the parking lot, taking the long way while walking, standing is better than sitting, taking the stairs.....etc.

Joe
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Joe! Your good advice sounds like it will be worth following. I am very determined to make this work. I am down 4 pounds so I know that my body is getting thinner slowly but surely.

Thx again!

SweetRose @};-