Thanksgiving Time

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Thanksgiving Time

Post by Joyful Friend »

This week, I've been very busy with our Church's Thanksgiving feast. We cooked all day yesterday. I cooked four turkeys and two turkey breasts. Some other ladies cooked the other 3 whole turkeys and 8 turkey breasts. Then we made stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoe casseroles, cranberries, green beans, and pumpkin pie. 57 shut in meals were delivered and then at 6:30 our Church community joined in the feast by bringing potluck to go with our fixings. Last night I awoke in the night and could smell the turkey on my hair. I had to chuckle, because my little dog gave me extra kisses. I think he liked the smell. Ha I love the bountiful goodness. Today I shopped for all my own Thanksgiving fixings. I do it all for our family. I use many of the board recipes. Do any of you have any new delicious recipes? I hope all of you have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving. May we continue to praise our Amazing God for His Amazing Grace which is given to each of us in bountiful ways. Hugs and love to all JF
omalani
Master Member

Re: Thanksgiving Time

Post by omalani »

Thanks for the prayers and the thanks giving. You are a very giving person with a big heart. I plan to keep it simple and just have my favorite fruits and veggies in abundance. I have deli sliced turkey for my rye crisp sandwiches. I am trying to lessen the amount I eat. I love Thanksgiving and then there is my birthday so I have to be careful to not get that "entitled" feeling. Like Linda said, " the good ole comfort foods are not so comforting." 8-| Life is abundant.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Thanksgiving Time

Post by Joyful Friend »

So right, Omalani. We live in in entitlement world mentality, so it is very important for each of us to be grateful to our Heavenly Father for His bountiful provisions. :ymhug: JF