What are the NAMES of YOUR 3 FAVORITE LDL RECIPES?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
graceface66
Master Member

Re: What are the NAMES of YOUR 3 FAVORITE LDL RECIPES?

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Jo,
      I just wanted to mention that ginger is very good for migraines.  I eat ginger candy that relieves a migraine within 20 minutes.  i am not the only one this affects that way, I have a friend who used every kind of med out there with no relief....I gave her a piece of candy and within 20 ....no migraine.  I have also tried ginger tea......it helps, but the reeds ginger chew are made of sugar and ginger, I know this is not LDL approved but a piece now and then for pain relief is acceptable to me. I hope this helps you
                                            kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

thnx grace, i will keep that in mind...will the candied ginger in the spice isle work for that, i wonder??? i am actually out of ground ginger right now and that was all i could find at walmart was the candied ginger, no ground, so i am still out of ginger... *grrr*

blessings,
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Kris, I would like to find the Reeds Ginger Chews for my mother.  Where do you get them?

Jerrie
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Humus, white chili,chicken fajitas, LDL ice cream
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Jerri,
          I buy Reed's ginger chews at Amazon.com. When I went to Duluth i found them at health food store....but nothing local for me.

Jo, the crystallized ginger will work too, or can add ginger to tea, but the chews work best for me. I hope ou are felling better,
        Sorry it took so long to get back to you , but my pc refuses to let me log in....I have to access LdL from another source. I can read boards as a guest but not log in on pc. even tried starting over as a new person ......no luck. At least I can get on other places.
                                          kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Crickadoodle I was thinking about makeing niki's favorite bean soup and just wondering do you use dry beans or the ones in a can?
      Thanks,
      Charlotte
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I use dry beans, like is called for in the recipe.  I've varied the beans a lot though.  I've used even as many as 9 beans at once.  It is very good and satisfying.  Lately I have used black beans, small red kidney and garbanzo beans.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Kris - thanks.  I'll check my two local health food stores first to see if they have them.  Jerrie :)
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

This topic fcame up again and because it has been such a long time since it was first posted I read all the replies from the beginning.  I see that the Unstuffed Cabbage recipe that I posted got a lot of attention.  But, I must admit that I did not invent this recipe.  It is one that was in one of my many Weight Watchers cookbooks.  The only thing I changed was the title.  The WW title is Cabbage Casserole.  I use several WW recipes that meet the LDL guidelines and have posted those that have gotten rave reviews from my husband.
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Crick I looked up the bean recipe and noticed that at the top it mentions tomato sauce and at the bottom it says crushed tomatoes. So what do you use?
                                            Thanks,  Charlotte
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I use crushed tomatoes.  Today I made the white bean soup that is in the book and also on the boards.  It is so creamy and delicious!!  I forgot how good it was. 
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Thanks Crick, I bought some dry beans yesterday. Black beans, Great Northern beans,and Red Kidney beans. I plan on using crushed tomatoes to. Believe it or not I have never had black beans before. I'm going to try to make this one day this week.
                                                                              Thanks a bunch Crick,
                                                                                      Charlotte
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I had never heard of black beans, cannellini beans, or chick peas before LDL and now love them all!
Last edited by LINDA RN on May 22nd, 2011, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Black beans, slightly smashed, and cooked with onions and sweet peppers are my favorite substitute for hashbrowns!  :thumbsup:

Love the versatility of those beans!

I don't think I can limit my favorite recipes to 3!  :kissed:

Terri
julybug

Post by julybug »

Bill's Mashed potatoes
Angie's Waldorf salad
Blueberry pie

Like so many others said, top 10 would have been easier to do.  Love this way of eating and living.  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
starlight0917
New, but learning

Post by starlight0917 »

Neet's Meatloaf
Taco Soup
Batato Salad
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Like everyone here  have more than three........ Charlotte

Little Mary's Beef Potato Pie.  sooooo goooood
CQ's-Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Beans and Okra. OMG !!! I tweeked this just a little to suit my taste.
          I honestly cant get enough of this soup.
      Taco Salad, So smiple but oh so good.
sgarvey
New, but learning

Post by sgarvey »

Honestly, I haven't made a recipe that I did not love. I'm still new (3 weeks) and am on medical leave from work, so those first few recipes I made and froze per portion have been a lifesaver.

Suzie's spicy black bean soup- when I realized you can have potatoes, I use this as my topping on a small baked potato.
Little Mary's chicken corn chowder- so quick and delicious
Little Mary's beef potato pie!!  Love this 
Sharon's spaghetti- freeze in cup cake portions-also freeze the meatballs and spaghetti squash.

In fact everything so far freezes really well... So no reason to grab non LDL food.

Can't wait to try them all!!
Suzy
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Suzy,
Being on leave is absolutely the perfect time to begin this Way of Eating!
By the time you go back to work, folks will be startled at the new you!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

After reading this post a while back, I noticed that unstuffed cabbage rolls came up several times, so I decided to try the recipe. My family LOVED it! Especially my 28 year old son.  He is very fit and active but already has some arthritis due to past injuries. I read that cabbage is a good anti-inflammatory food and he could not get enough of this dish. Since then, I have been making a point to serve cabbage in one way or another whenever he is here for a meal. My husband and my son's wife do not care for it, so I made half of the casserole with spinach.  It was a little mushy and I would not do it again. My daughter-in-law liked the cabbage side and my husband had a hamburger.

When I made this, it turned out with a lot of liquid. It's been several weeks now, so I don't remember what I did. I thought I was following the recipe. Did anyone else have this happen? It was no big deal, just was more like soup.