VERY INTERESTING ONLINE TEST

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cameron
Master Member

VERY INTERESTING ONLINE TEST

Post by cameron »

I have found an on line test which measures ones Chronological age against ones Real age. How old does your body THINK it is?

I did the test, and found that I am 6 years younger than I actually am.

I went back and redid the test answering as I would have BEFORE LDL, and I would be a year OLDER, a difference of SEVEN years. (I have been on LDL for 14 months, and am about 12 pounds overweight at this point)

I love to know how others do, so here is the link     www.growyouthful.com
Last edited by cameron on March 18th, 2011, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: VERY INTERESTING ONLINE TEST

Post by MsHeirloom »

Cameron- This is a great test and is valuable in telling one how his/her health can be impacted by lifestyle.  I took the test and found out that although my chronological age is 64, my biological age is 4 years younger (60).  I also redid the test and found that if I had not become a convert to LDL, had not lost any weight, and had continued to eat the same way as I had been, I would have a biological age of 68.  So, as a result of having changed my way of eating, discarding weight, and lowering my blood pressure, I have effectively gained an additional 8 years of life!!!  And, I have not even added exercise.  That would add additional years to my expected lifespan.  This tool is a terrific motivator.  I encourage everyone to try it and see what LDL is doing for you.  Thanks, Cameron :rose:!  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Thanks Pam, I went back into it again, and said I excercised (a big fib) That took 2 more years off, so now that the weather is getting better, I will try to do some brisk walking at least a few times a week.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

This was neat. I scored 3 years older - not good. DH scored only 1 year older. I better get moving!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jenny- As you lose weight and get moving, you'll just get younger and younger!!!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I took the test and am 15 years younger than I am. Made me feel GOOD.

Went back and took the test before doing LDL AND AT THAT TIME I WAS 10 YEARS YOUNGER THAN MY AGE, so I wasn't too bad then but after doing LDL THE 15 IS BETTER.
Last edited by witheraway1 on March 19th, 2011, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I enjoyed the test.  I am 71, and scored age 58.  It could have been more of a difference, because I could have answered never, but because of several years ago, I answered differently.  I am so grateful for LDL.  It's always fun trying to improve.  I'm having such a good time watching the basketball games.  I pick my winners; sometimes they lose.  I would enjoy going to the final four.  I hope The Ohio State are in it.  :laughing:  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK, I did it and with no exercise I am 7 years younger. Thank God for LDL!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- Did you try the test?  I am sure that LDL has saved your life and allowed your mother to reach an advanced age.  It was so insightful to take the test as I am today and then compare it to how I would have been without LDL!!!  Pam
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Roger- Wow!  Good for you!!!  I just redid my test.  When I am at goal weight (approximately 40#) and have added regular exercise, I will be 52 instead of 64.    At that point, I will have gained 16 years by taking care of my health.  What a wonderful testament of what LDL and exercise can do for us.  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I have been on the treadmil 45 min a day for 2 weeks now, This morning I can tell my waist is getting smaller. So yes, excerise does help a lot ! I have more PEP in my step too.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

That's great Pam.  Sounds like you are getting younger every day.  Jerrie :thumbsup:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jerrie- I'm trying!!!
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

well my chronological age is 66  my bio age is 63 and I have colon cancer and am quite overweight. but healthy it appears for the most part..  I survived 12 chemo treatments from July of last year to Dec 1... My finger nails are trying to grow back after being quite destroyed by the side affects of chemo I have tingling still in my fingers (tips etc) and no feeling in my soles of my feet... but I made it and it looks like the chemo although difficult has either reduced the tumors in the lungs to nothing or very minuscule..
I may not have eaten LDL but I do not eat a lot of processed foods either..  I think one has to adjust the LDL to their own body... we all know our bodies... better than anyone..

Not sure how accurate this little survey is... but it was fun to do..
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

:thumbsup:, Lulu
Welcome back!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great to hear from you, Lulu!  I'm so happy that you are doing so well considering...  Please stay in touch and continue on the road to recovery.  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

It's good to hear from you Lulu my fellow Canadian!!! It sounds like you are doing much better. Hopefully your treatments are finished.

About the test  - I had all the girls in our office do it. It turned out just as I had expected. The girls that were not overweight, ate well, and lived well, were all younger, but not as much younger as I was.

The party girls, that drink, smoke and do not eat well were all older. Our 26 year old party girl is already over 30. 10 people did the test.

As you said, it was a fun thing to do! 
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Wither, you are an inspiration to me! I was supposed to pick up my treadmill last weekend but something came up and it will be this week that I get it. I can't wait to start walking! ( Hopefully, I'll be saying this after I actually start doing it!) *evil*

You're getting smaller all the time- keep us posted !

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose