Weigh in

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Weigh in

Post by Joyful Friend »

51, I was like you, a food addict.  I liked all foods, but did not know that I could eat all I wanted of some of them and lose weight and be totally satisfied.  My mom was large---never over 300#.  I watched her eat and gain.  She became wheelchair bound in her late 80's from bad legs because of weight.  LDL has released me from guilt and bondage to foods---no more cravings for white sugar sweets and pizza.  EAT, EAT, EAT  the LDL foods---never go hungry again.  Thanks, Roger, for the Red book.  Thanks, First Magazine for Women for the great article.  Thanks board friends, for all your creative recipes, health tips, and encouragement.  *hug* :)  It's a beautiful day.  I am so thrilled to  see all the flowers and blossoms.  The Lilacs smell so good.  My peonies won't be blooming.  Before we got the fence around them, they were weed eaten.  I cried.  I have pink, white, and burgundy.  The boy thought they were weeds.  My DH said I must have been worshipping them *evil* .  I'll miss them.  They were right outside my kitchen slider.  I'll know to get the fence up around them next year.  I'll have to admire my neighbor's this year.  She was 96 yrs old last Friday, and she still is active.  She and her DH never ate sandwiches.  She has always cooked 3 meals a day.  Old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast. They limited their meats,and lived out of their garden in summer.  She also gets up early and puts her anklets and lace up-shoes on. She walked a whole lot.  :)  JF 
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Amazing! if she can do it at her age we can!! BTW I love Flowers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Cindy, we can!!! You are doing so well.  :thumbsup: :)  JF
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

JF - So sorry to hear about your peonies.  I have peonies too (pink and white) and love them.  They have the most amazing smell.  Your story reminded me of years ago my husband bought me a little butterfly bush (budleia bush), as I had wanted one.  We planted it and one day while we were gone, we came back and the man that had newly started cutting our grass cut it down, I guess thinking it was a weed.  When we got home and I looked out in the yard I noticed it was gone :sad: and couldn't believe it.  He did, however, buy us a new one though when he realized it (wasn't very costly since it was a new little plant).  Jerrie :)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My uncle who lived next door was quite the flower gardener.
One fall my cousin and I decided we would help him clean the weeds and dead stuff out of his flower beds.
Don't you know he was not happy we pulled up all his Mums!  :bomb:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

:thumbsup:
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

JF, TY The support here is wonderful and enjoyable. The food is also a wonderful change. I didn't put it on overnight and it wont come off that way either. I am determined to stick with it and just let it happen! :thumbsup: