cheese?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
graceface66
Master Member

cheese?

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Folks,
        I buy usually buy a good quality american cheese for my son, he is six and his favorite food is cheese, but te other day I was short on money , so I bought a pack of those individual wrapped slices thinking  it would be ok for the 2 days until payday. Well not only did Henry not like it .........the dog would not eat it.  Makes you wonder what it really is.....
                              have a good day
                                            kris
ps I know cheese is not LDL, but Henry is a very thin child
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: cheese?

Post by LINDA RN »

Don't know what it is about the individually wrapped cheeses, but they taste so much different....... even though the package says it is the same cheese.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You have become adapted to the taste, Roger.
Try the very same cheese NOT individulally wrapped, if you can find it.
There is a difference.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I enjoy the cheese, my DH likes it, and he is a cheese person, and Trinket begs for it :laughing:I have used it for so long that I've forgotten what the  regular taste like.  Well, I guess I get some on salads at restaurants.  :thumbsup:  JF
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

For myself, I cannot eat ANY fat- free cheese. I'm sorry, but there is no taste whatsever to me. What I like is a very low- fat cheese called Jarlsberg light. It's like baby swiss- a hard cheese that is not processed. I don't think LDL should allow processed cheese, but I may be incorrect!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I don't do the fat free either. If is too fattening in its natural form then i just do without. I cannot speak for the fat free cheeses, but when I used to buy American cheese for the kids, the same brand indiv idually wrapped tasted a lot worse than the sliced bulk package.
Linda

jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

LINDA RN wrote:I don't do the fat free either. If is too fattening in its natural form then i just do without. I cannot speak for the fat free cheeses, but when I used to buy American cheese for the kids, the same brand indiv idually wrapped tasted a lot worse than the sliced bulk package.

that's because usually (not always) the ind. wrapped is cheese "product" and the bulk is cheese...this is why we buy the latter.  but kraft deluxe something-or-other that is ind. wrapped IS cheese!! that's what we by when we buy american, my husband refuses to eat anything called cheese "product",lol  :sick:

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Good point, Joanna  :thumbsup:
Linda

mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

I dont like the taste of pre packed cheese slices. I use to but they have changed ingredients or something.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I've never seen a fat free cheese or even a low fat cheese in bulk. Only the individually wrapped cheeses. Also, my family doesn't like them anyway. I'm sure they'd throw something at me if I even went there. I know I've posted recipes that included cheese and posted what's acceptable for LDL but I don't prepare them that way for my family. I like living where I live.:laughing: I just don't make them all the time...just every now and then. :thumbsup:

CQ
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Post by yoyodieter »

I call the wrapped cheese product slices " plastic cheese" They stick to your palette when you melt them on corn thins. I don't bother eating them. I buy a whole parmesan cheese and take a few strips off with a vegetable peeler and eat those. They are super thin but tasty- I use two to three strips- not much.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I knew some cheeses that were individually wrapped did not come bulk. Worth looking for if you want.
I have a source now for farm fresh dairy and home made cheese so I don't buy the store-bought stuff.
I have only had an occasional glass of milk and have had some home made cottage cheese.
Know to be careful and occassional with the dairy until the weight is off for good.
Linda

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I also  buy good  whole cheese, but I very seldom eat cheese at home since LDL, so  eat it mostly at restaurants on salads or egg plant.  When I did  the low carb diet(Adkins)  I ate way too much good cheese.  I do use a lot of regular Parmesan and blue cheese crumbles.  I also use some ff and low fat in shredded.  My DH really likes cheese, but usually he slices off a chunk.  He never complains about the ff or low fat.  Neither do any of my kids.  They seem to enjoy the way I fix the dishes.  They never hesitate to tell me if they don't like a dish; the same for DH.  :)  JF
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

RT,

If you love blue cheese as much as I do then you need to try the blue cheese from France. It's so much better than anything you can buy here.

CQ
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I want to go to Paris!  *love* Not just for the cheese  :drool:, but for all Paris has to offer! And I would love to travel the South of France countryside, too.

My abode is in Paris Apartment vogue, French and other European antiques, so sometimes I feel like I'm already there. But not quite! :wrong:

I want to live by the sea (Oregon Coast) and vacation in Paris someday. By that time I will be at my goal weight for sure! :D

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sweetrose  :rose: :rose: Oregon is a beautiful place and you will get all the rain and wind blowing in your face you want. And be happy and thin.   Wishing you the best with all your dreams, may they come true, and a few of mine too   :laughing:
Last edited by witheraway1 on April 20th, 2011, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.