Do you Really Believe?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Do you Really Believe?

Post by CodingQueen »

If ever you had the inkling that Heaven didn't exist, then you need to read this book. I promise you, you'll never have that feeling again. It sent chills down my spine. I highly recommend this book for ALL libraries....not just Christian.

For those of you who know me well and the experience that I had with the Devil himself back in 1990, this is not my way of getting even. If anything, I'd like to forget that incident for the rest of my life.

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Littl ... 778&sr=8-1

The following website is for Akiane. She's the one that actually painted the picture of Christ that Colton agreed was the face of Jesus.

http://moonsanmyung.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... idaho.html
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Do you Really Believe?

Post by crickadoodle »

CQ, I read this book too.  I read it in less than a day!  It is easy reading and really does open your eyes to things.  This little boy couldn't have known beforehand some of the stuff he shared with his parents.  It was very scriptural too.  Anyway, I'd be willing to put the "Crickadoodle Seal of Approval" on this book.  :thumbsup:  ;)
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Crickadoodle,

I had to laugh when I read the part about the angels singing to him because he was scared. They sang "Jesus Loves Me" and "Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho." When he asked them to sing "We Will, We Will Rock You" they wouldn't... :laughing:

CQ
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

I cant wait to go to the book store. Thanks a bunch CQ for posting about this book.
                                                                                              Charlotte
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

i would like to read it.  does it get into more detail about what he saw in Heaven?
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

MissBizzyLizzy,

The boy was 3 years and 10 months when he suffered a ruptured appendix with an abscess formation (By the way, as far as I'm concerned, his parents had a legitimate law suit against the previous hospital because of the doctor's stupidity by not ordering a CT scan). Anyway, his memory is triggered by another trip to visit a newborn cousin. He doesn't die on the operating table like so many that we hear about....he just visits Heaven. He gives details which are shocking. And, yes, he tells what Heaven looks like.

I'm sorta bummed out right now. I love the color, purple. It's my favorite but, according to him, Jesus is the only one that wears the color, purple, in Heaven.

By the way, did anyone notice the remark that he made about animals when they read the book? My husband loves his cats and has been wondering if they will be in Heaven with him.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on April 25th, 2011, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks CQ!  :kissed: I just ordered this book on Amazon for my mom. She'll pass it on to me after she reads it.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

SweetRose,

Like Crickadoodle said, it's easy reading. I read the entire book Sunday afternoon. Once I got started I couldn't put it down. So, your mom should be sending it to you very soon.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

As most of you know, my mom lives with us and has mild dementia and other various things -- which is why I stopped teaching elementary school, to care for her.  Well, after I read the book, I gave it to her to read.  I don't know how many times she read it, but I know she read it several times, but because of the dementia, she hadn't remembered reading it.  I figure it can't hurt for her to read it several times, though.

I know there are animals in Heaven.  Why wouldn't there be ??, since God made them in the first place and surely space for them won't be a problem -- since He created a universe that even scientists have said has no end.  I had this coc-ker spaniel once that wasn't very nice and had lots of problems on top of that.  After she died of cancer, I could just picture her in full health running through a beautiful field.  I've already asked that all my Yorkies could live in my mansion with me!!  *love*  My first one was named Cricket -- which is where "Crickadoodle" came from.  My second was little Stevie Rae, who I still miss -- although little Mamie is turning into a wonderfully loving pet too.  I think it is very scriptural for there to be animals in Heaven since Romans 8 talks about how "the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. " (Romans 8:20-21)  Now, what else could that possibly mean, except they also share Heaven with us?  God is truly good and there will be no tears in Heaven.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

thanks CQ!!  i did read about it online on amazon.  i'll be ordering it today.  would a 9 year old get it?  he finally got what Easter was about this year and was amazed at what i was telling him.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Also Crick, God said he gives us the desires of our hearts.  If our heart's desire is to have our pets with us in heaven, and we have asked God for such, just makes sense that they would be there.  I know my family and I have prayed along those lines about our previous pets.  Jerrie :)
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks for sharing. My mom told me this story but she had no idea the name of the book. I plan on getting it for my mom for her birthday.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Crick, that's the reason I wanted my mom to read that book- to give her hope that she'll someday see her pets in heaven. I, too, have so many beloved cats , and a few dogs,that have passed to the great beyond. I pray that I will see their sweet faces again when I get to heaven! :angel:

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It's a good book, so easy to read.  Heaven is a real place, and when I think of the happiest times on earth, I know heaven isn't going to be less wonderful. Animals help make us happy.  The Bible says that it cannot be fully described by words.  The book will probably get people interested in looking into the Word of God.  When I think of Heaven, I get very excited knowing we have loved ones there.  Crick, I think it's nice that your mom still will read, even if she does the same book again and again.  My mom loved to read and after her mind became less active, she still read.  Then I read to her.  :thumbsup: JF
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

I remember reading years ago in a Kenneth Copeland Magazine about a woman who was a realtor who started to get alzheimers, even to the point that one day she was in her back yard and a tree was obstructing her being able to see her house and she panicked and didn't know where she was or how to get back to her house, even though she was in her own yard.  And she would go places she had been to many, many times and forget how to get back home.  The testimony in the magazine was that she started reading books about healing and her daughters started playing scriptures on cd constantly for her to listen to, as well as reading scriptures about healing, etc. to her.  I think they even put healing scriptures on cards for her to read, and after all of this her mind started coming back to her until she was completely healed.  She even started working in the nursery taking care of the children in her church.  This shows the amazing power in the Word of God.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

JF - I made your navy bean soup in my crock pot yesterday and it was so good.  I didn't know how much water to put in it, so I just covered the beans about one inch.  I think it was about six cups.  I don't know if I put in the right about of water, but it turned out really good.  Thanks for the recipes and tips.  Jerrie
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

CodingQueen wrote:If ever you had the inkling that Heaven didn't exist, then you need to read this book. I promise you, you'll never have that feeling again. It sent chills down my spine. I highly recommend this book for ALL libraries....not just Christian.

For those of you who know me well and the experience that I had with the Devil himself back in 1990, this is not my way of getting even. If anything, I'd like to forget that incident for the rest of my life.

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Littl ... 778&sr=8-1

The following website is for Akiane. She's the one that actually painted the picture of Christ that Colton agreed was the face of Jesus.

http://moonsanmyung.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... idaho.html

i dont know your story about your experience with the devil, would you mind sharing...you can send me a personal message if you wish....i am interested in hearing how you overcame...

blessings...
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jerrie, you look lovely in your picture.  I never measure.  I add more, If I need it.  I just about know where to put it in my crockpot.  It's always better to put a little extra if not too sure.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I got my tips from Nikki, the "Bean Lady".  I use to cook mine with chicken broth cubes or canned, but they had too much stuff in them.  They are just as good without all that. Navy beans are our favorite.  *hug*  JF
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

JF - thank you and you are right, those beans are sooooo good without any boullion.  In fact, I had another bowl tonight at dinner.  Jerrie  :)
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

CQ, i'm curious as well.  do i know what happened?