protien powder

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
a new me

protien powder

Post by a new me »

Is there any kind of protien powder we can use in our smoothies to keep us full longer? I need more than fruit for breakfast and do not have time for eggs in the morning. I was thinking if I could put a powdered form of protien in my drink it might help.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq3jtO4/]
[/url]
lulu65

Re: protien powder

Post by lulu65 »

I do not think that Roger encourages Protein Powder but if you do choose to use it beware of the ones that have heavy metals in them.. UNJURY is a very good one.. I will need to use this for me as I have cancer and many side affects and can eat very little of the great foods on this woe and I ended up doing a research on them  as  have to use them ..  As I said I am almost sure they are not encouraged as you got so many great foods all natural on the plan..

link to read about heavy metals in a lot of these

http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/07/19/con ... vy-metals/

and one of the better ones          http://www.unjury.com/protein/?hpl=imgHealth
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The protein powders are processed and not encouraged.
If you need to use one, Dr. Mercola has advertised some Whey protein powder, I think.
You can add white beans to your smoothie to help hold you longer.
A pumpkin smoothie or one with baked potatoe in it may help also.
I had the same problem starting on LDL.
Fruit in the morning would bottom my blood sugar out in 2 hours and I would be weak, dizzy and famished.
So I tried eggs in the morning. Ate them around 6 am and just after getting to work I would be hungry again.
I finally gave up and just went to drinking coffee in the morning.
Since I get up at 5 am, I am getting really hungry by around 10am so I would take whole fruit to eat then.
Doing that I finally started loosing weight.
You just have to listen to your body and figure out what will work for you.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

a new me wrote:Is there any kind of protien powder we can use in our smoothies to keep us full longer? I need more than fruit for breakfast and do not have time for eggs in the morning. I was thinking if I could put a powdered form of protien in my drink it might help.

Maybe you could keep some hard boiled eggs in the fridge? I would stick to real food, it's really what makes LDL work.
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

LINDA, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT GETS UP AT 5 AM. I am really hungary then too. I have my lunch at 12 cannot wait longer. For me fruit does not stick either. Peanut butter does but that's evil and I had to put that out of sight. Funny how certian things tempt us. But with determation we will get there I am convienced. Nobody promised us a bed of roses. Sticking to this we will finally get there, and it will be so exciting.....We will have to have a party just for us!  Oh, all of you are invited.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Another good way to eat hard boiled eggs is to take a fork and mash them up in a bowl very small and add a bit of fresh cracked pepper and a touch of sea salt.  It takes longer to eat that way and seems like more food than it is.  When I was a kid my family knew someone who was on Weight Watchers and she ate her hard boiled eggs like that.  Jerrie
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thank y'all for this thread, especially Mary for taking the time to reiterate what I know you've said before about protein powders.  The reminder is timely and very good for me as I try to resist a very expensive, but seemingly very effect protein powder diet my friends are on.  Does it ever seem like everyone is getting skinnier and skinnier and you're the only one stuck in a rut?!  They are going the pill/powder route and I have been trying to keep on keeping on with LDL....now I'm off to browse the "Favorite 3 Recipes" thread to get some new ideas to get me out of this rut...also ordered a couple of cases of Cornthins, so I'll go look at the topping thread too.  Protein powder....blech!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I think a lot of us think everyone is loosing but us and feel like we are in a rut. So you are not alone in that feeling. I do know everyone I know that has gone off of LDL TO TRY SOMETHING new ended up gaining back weight. So the best bet is just do what your doing and remember this is not fast like we wish.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

AMEN, Whither!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
a new me

Post by a new me »

Thanks you guys are a big help.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq3jtO4/]
[/url]
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

you know, i can never relate to people saying that fruit isn't enough...i don't know....i eat a big bowl of watermelon or cantelope....i eat until i can't eat another bite...and, i never have a problem feeling it isn't enough.......the first time i went on let's do lunch, i ate fruit in the morning and then wanted popcorn...
now, i take my thyroid medication and wait an hour and then i eat fruit...after a couple of hours, i power walk 3 miles and after that, my reward is a big bowl of popcorn.....i wait until i'm hungry again and eat my big meal....always start with salad and then protein and a bowl of soup.......i wait until i'm hungry again and eat fruit again.....i used to eat popcorn for dinner, also, but i don't do that now...
i ate more than any woman i know....i had the appetite of a truck driver(not meaning that as an insult.....i would say i ate as much as a man, but i could out eat a lot of men).....
i think you have to get your body used to eating just fruit..but, it's WAY worth it.....you HAVE to eat it as a meal and you have to eat until you feel ready to burst...       
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..