Going to try

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Re: Going to try

Post by yoyodieter »

Good for you ladyhawk :thumbsup: I was in the same boat as you are now, same amount of weight to loose.In March this year I had enough. Was the heaviest I had been in a size 10-12 :shocked:. Good Ole LDL to the rescue for the second time around!! Well it all came off since then. It was easier the second time around for me. I am at my goal weight and size 2. Did not excercise as that made me eat more??!! So now at goal, I started working out. You can do this and keep it off this time. I feel great in my "skinny clothes" and that keeps me from cheating. A cheat is now a controlled cheat and only once in a while. Keep us up to date and keep up the good work!! You have already lost 5 lbs :D
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

you can get into size 2 being 140 pds or have you not updated your bar?  i will just be glad to get down to 8/10 which is what most of my cloths are- at the moment i am wearing the same thing every week as i am not going to buy 14/16 cloths.  i do work out as it is the best way to get me to eat right as it does make me hungry but for good food not junk.  plus i know i am maintaining muscle rather than losing it.  so i guess its not so much about weight for me but getting into my cloths.  cause i know i will gain some muscle which of course weighs more than fat but takes up less room. 
thanks for the encouragement.
Renee
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Post by yoyodieter »

I have an apple body shape so no hips/waist kind of. My pants are all size 2/4 or 27" waist. My weight now is 138 lbs. I get my skinny clothes at a place called Forever XI. Really cheap ie: $10 for a pair of pants/capris, so that gives me motivation to keep the weight off. I just need to keep it off. Size and weight actually does not matter to me ( just numbers)- it is how I feel about myself. You've done it before so you can do it again for good  :thumbsup:
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

i am all butt-hips and stomach LOL  i have been walking on the treadmill getting my shins in shape yesterday i was able to run some; eventually i will get back to running 2 miles again.  hopefully  then do a few weights for tone and some stretching.  then off to work

Renee
waquin

Post by waquin »

LadyHawk21,
God bless you.
I heartily sympathize with you.
Last year I went from 152# to 122# and felt great and had so much energy....THEN...On March 28, 2011, I quit smoking (FINALLY!) But,
I have gone up to 138# since I quit. I am thoroughly disgusted! My Dr. said, "I would rather you have some extra pounds on than to be smoking".
But, I can't fit into any of my clothes. I gave all my "fat" clothes away and had to go and buy clothes to fit. :(
So, I am back on LDL, trying to get the weight back off, but it is not coming off like it did last year.
Dr. said, eventually your metabolism will come back to normal.
But, I wake up in the morning aching all over, feeling tired, etc.
I have eaten so much fruit, I should look like a watermelon or a giant grape. LOL!
I will just have to keep working at it until the weight starts coming back off.
Love and blessings to you,Waquin
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it and be glad.
Psalm 118:24
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Soooo happy for you to be finally free from cigarettes.
Not sure if waking up achey started before or after you got back on LDL.
If before, the achiness will go away.
If this acheiness is coming along with LDL, you may want to look at the grapes.
Just something I have noticed....I have been on a grape binge the past couple weeks and yesterday the bones in my food went ot aching so bad I was limping. I decided to think positive and take it as a sign that we are in for a gulley washer of rain soon. But I am also going to cut off the grapes for a while.
Just an observation. I will have to see what happens.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

i did not gain when i quit smoking- thank the Lord for that- mine was all thyroid related.
but you will love being a non-smoker soon!!  your lungs will feel better- you will be able to walk without being out of breathe. you cloths will not smell bad
there are just all kinds of benefits

Renee
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Not to mention the money saved that can be spent on nourishing food!  :thumbsup:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

have you all noticed i am down 6.6 pd thus far!!  very excited it makes eating right and going to gym easier to do

Renee
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good for you, LadyHawk!  It works, as you knew it would!!!!!  Congratulations.  Pam
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

woohoo almost 7 pds gone forever!!!! yeah!!!  :thumbsup:

keep up the good work!!

amazing!!!

blessings
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Way to Go!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rose: :rose: :rose:
Linda

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

You are doing very well.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Congrats on your weight loss Renee.  Jerrie
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

i put on my blue dress pants today and they are a little loose!!  a few more pds and i will have to get out the belt to hold them up
looks like a your drop a dress size for every 10pds.  so another 10 pds i will be in a 10-12!!!

Renee
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Renee- That is fabulous!  Aren't you glad you got back on the plan?!  Keep going- Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yea Renee,
You proved it works!
Keep on keeping on...... :thumbsup:
Linda

ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

i tried on my hot pink skirt (12) it fit!!!  i will be wearing it to work tomorrow
i was sick last week so i did not make it to the gym all week.  getting better, went today but could not do
my whole workout.  hope to get back to normal in a few days.

Renee
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

That's great Renee.
Clothes you like that fit nice are the real goal.
Linda