Baked Potato Thing

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
jsprik
Master Member

Re: Baked Potato Thing

Post by jsprik »

no, he said don't leave them out at room temperature for an extended period of time and don't reheat them once they have been cold....therefore you don't want to eat frozen fries or tater tots and such things, always use fresh potatoes...
Last edited by jsprik on July 21st, 2011, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

and never reheat 

read the article I posted again and the sentence I underlined.  It explains why you don't want to reheat.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Thanks y'all!  ;D

Blessed and loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by ladyhawk21 »

i figured out a way to have my beef stew of sorts (not often though)  on Sunday morning put in the crock pot meat with enough potatoes for a meal (but fix extra meat)
the next day i can make a baked potato; heat up some of the meat and some veggies.  and there you go a beef stew kinda!!  LOL

Renee
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

By all means, use your oven for fries...

I bought... from QVC... those air flow thingys, that look like screen, that 'FRY' anything in the oven... they look like air conditioning panels, but they work beautifully, and they are only $15 for TWO!!!

You can put sweet or regular potatoes on them...

I LOVE to use potatoes as Hors De Oeuvres (sp)..

Cut a potato into 1/4 inch rounds, (slice the potatoes into rounds a 1/4 inc thick)

Brush with olive oil on both sides, and sprinkle with salt and pepper and a little smoked paprika (if you have it) or ground mustard for a kick...

Roast them in a 425 degree oven until soft on the inside, and crispy on the outside... take them out

While they are roasting, make up a salsa with tomatoes, onion, cilantro salt and pepper and jalapeno if you desire, and mix in baby cooked shrimp.. and top the potatoes with the mixture... TA DAAAA!

OR!!!

mAKE A KILLER bbq sauce, and add cubed roasted chicken to it and top the potatoes with the mixture... add a speck of jack cheese for non ldler's and and sprig of cilantro for LDL'ers...  Enoy!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

You can also make Buffalo chicken potatoes stacks, or

you can layer sliced turkey, and tomato and lettuce and roasted peppers between two roasted 1/4 inch thick slices of potatoes (the potatoes become the bread) and put mustard or chili sauce on the "bread" for heat and flavor...

I have always thought potatoes should be on the plan... ESPECIALLY the ORANGE sweet potatoes... they have WAAAAy more nutrition... but be careful to eat them occasionally if your body doesn't do well with bulky starches...

I also LOVE to roast sweet potatoes and butternut squash together with TONS OF ONIONS... in the oven... after splashing some olive oil, dill, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard, smoked paprika, ground cilantro (or just about any and all the seasonings you have!) and mixing them with my hands... then placing them in a single layer on a sheet pan or jelly roll pan...and roast until golden brown... from there, you can eat them just like that... or add them to a vita mix or really good blender (i ADORE MY VITAMIX'S) AND ADD chicken stock or veggie stock to it and make a thick, delicous roasted soup...
Last edited by Anonymous on August 5th, 2011, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
chewy

Post by chewy »

whatever happened with Roger's potato experiment?did they get eliminated from LDL permanently?i am interested in his results with eating potatoes.
chewy

Post by chewy »

whatever happened with Roger's potato experiment?did they get eliminated from LDL permanently?i am interested in his results with eating potatoes.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

As far as I know he did not loose any weight and I suspect he gained.
Potatoes may be OK occassionally.....like once or twice a month but eating potatoes daily was not good.
So I guess they are removed from the "legal" list.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

chewy Linda is right. If memory serves, Roger gained like 20 pounds when he included potatoes into his LDL plan every day. I give him so much credit for trying and then sharing when it didn't work.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.