Whats everyone reading now?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
jopaul

Re: Whats everyone reading now?

Post by jopaul »

Thanks Linda! I appreciate your positive input and info.  *love* *love* *love*
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Tina, I haven't read House Rules. But, it sounds like a good read, tho maybe sad, too. There is so much discrimination for people with disabilities! Especially the ones who look "normal" but, don't behave that way.  :'(
Shari

jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Linda and Friends,
Did you see my BMI? It's currently 25.3. Woo Hoo! Gotta go do my happy dance.
Tina

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wow!  Double wow!!!  Congratulations, skinny!  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Tina, Good for you!  Thanks to the one who suggested The Walk, Miles to Go, and Grace Walk.  Excellent reading.  Walk Across Egypt is finished.  I had my DH sing the song for me.  I had never heard it before.  Harbinger is sooo good.  I'm almost finished.  Thanks for good book suggestions.  I'm also tanning while reading.  I think cooler weather will be coming our way.  :thumbsup:  JF
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I read this book quite a while back. Currently, I'm watching the movie and remembering this incredible book. It's called Have A Little Faith by Mitch Albom. I had to share about this wonderful book and author. Here is the synopsis:

Albom (Mitchel David "Mitch" Albom) writes in the introduction to this book that the idea for it began with the request by Albert L. Lewis, his childhood rabbi, to write and deliver the eulogy when the time came for the rabbi's funeral. Albom agreed, contingent on an agreement that he could begin a series of interviews and conversations, in order to get to know Lewis as a man, not just as a rabbi.

Albom writes that his conversations with Lewis -- whom he refers to as the Reb, an affectionate term drawn from the Yiddish word for rabbi -- eventually led to an increased interest on Albom's part in the power and meaning of faith in a larger sense. In his hometown of Detroit, he forged a link with Pastor Henry Covington, an African-American Protestant minister at the I Am My Brother's Keeper Church. Covington, a past drug-addict, dealer, and ex-convict, was ministering to the needs of his down-and-out parishioners, in an urban church serving a largely homeless congregation, in a church so poor that the roof leaked when it rained.

Tina

~Author Unknown
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Just read "What difference do it make?" from the authors of "Same kind of different as me."
Some of those stories were really moving!  Some were a little convicting for me too.
My dh read it after me and he read it in one day!  Good book.
mrsj
Chefsandra

Post by Chefsandra »

"Forks Over Knives" forgot author name,
and Eat to Live by Dr. joel Fuhrman
Live well, love much, laugh often!!!
chewy

Post by chewy »

the starch solution by dr john mcdougall,prevent and reverse heart disease by dr caldwell esselstyn,forks over knives,race for life and senior fitness by dr ruth heidrich
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

For those of you who follow The Walk series by Richard Paul Evans, his 5th book in the Walk series comes out in May. The title is: Walking on Water. As I have devoured each book and loved them all, I will definitely read the fifth book. Just had to share the newest upcoming book. :ymhug:

I noticed that a new title has been chosen for the newest Let's Do Lunch book. Does anyone know the publishing date for this new book?

Tina (jopaul)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Yes, have it ordered through library. I have enjoyed Two Women of Little Rock, Elizabeth and Hazel. Also Mrs. Lincoln's Dress Maker. Both are history, but the last one is a novel. :ymhug: Any other good reads, send them on. :ymhug: JF
chewy

Post by chewy »

"discovering the word of wisdom" by jane birch ,"prevent and reverse heart disease " by dr. caldwell esselstyn,"rice diet report" by judy muscovitZ