beans for breakfast!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
snowbirdie
Master Member

beans for breakfast!

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all,
I have been lazy getting back on ldl. Sometimes on some off. I just dont know how I lost my way. but I hope I am back. Have chick peas for breakfast and bowl of blue berries. I cant find my books so will look for them today. I think how I lost my way I was dealing with my son Mike who had the end of altheimers at the age of 31. He passed away last may. Then my grand daughter left home in San Francisco and came to live with me. She is 18. So hopefully I can be back aboard the train again. I will let you know how it goes. Judie
omalani
Master Member

Re: beans for breakfast!

Post by omalani »

It is easy to slip into depression when you have such great losses in your life, but God is faithful and when we turn to Him, we won't go away empty. Children can never be replaced but God in His wisdom is still in control. I had banzo fries (brown some onion the add partially mashed garbonzo and salt to taste) for breakfast and they taste better than hashbrowns. Steam an egg and put on top and you won't get hungry till afternoon. Eat as much as you want but keep it LDL and you will get back on track. Be gentle on yourself, we can sometimes be our own worst enemy. Love ya :ymhug: Leilani
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Dear Judie- Life happens and sometimes it's hard to deal with it. Our good habits can be put aside because we don't seem to have the energy to take care of ourselves. Be gentle with yourself. You've had a lot to deal with. LDL is here for you when you are ready to re-commit. We are here for you!
Pam
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

thank you folks some how when things happen you kinda forget where you were going. I am getting back on track. Will do better next mont when i am able to go buy some cans osf beans and popcrn and the foods needed rather than what we have been subsisting on. I do have blue berries and black berries and strawberries.. They were on sale and we are enjoying them judie
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I just went to Aldis and they had a pkg of split peas for $.79, which makes over 2 quarts of soup. I put onions, celery and a little diced Jalapeno pepper (in the jar, not fresh) which gives it some zip. It really fills me up. Oh I forgot, I put a little liquid smoke in it too, don't know if that is legal or not, but it is a small amount of seasoning. Hot thick soup is soooo good on these cold winter days. Hang in there, you are a strong lady. Your granddaughter is blessed to have such a loving role model. :x
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

good morning!yesterday I made a pot of meatball stew just a little different from my moms. We always made it wit beef meatballs but I decided to make with chicken meatballs. Carrots onions chopped parsley and turnips to replace the potatoes also 2 juice size cans of chicken broth. I wasn't sure how it would be but it was really good. I took boneless skinless chicken breast and ground it up seasoned with an egg and onion powder garlic powder and dried parsley. they were tiny when I put them in the broth but doubled in size when they cooked. Have enough for lunch. I have a bag of split peas in the kitchen. Had some soup last week. When Iwent to buy them they had the bag of peas for a dollar but they also had the same size bag for 5 dollar. I don't know why they were so pricey. judie
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I guess people are finding the value of cooking your own beans and they have no expiration date. My twins used to have some homemade beanbag frogs. When we had some hard times financially I threatened to cut a hole in their toys and cook a pot of bean soup. =)) I didn't need to do that thankfully. I love my beans and have so many recipes that I don't get bored with them. I am going to make some lentils too, but DH doesn't like them so I need to cook them for potlucks at DD's house or cook smaller batches. I have been wanting to make lentil tabouli, but haven't got around to it..... sooooo much yummy food and so little time!! Living the abundant life with LDL. ;;)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

We're here for you. :ymhug: JF