New To Our Boards?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: New To Our Boards?

Post by EnJae »

Andrew;

As you and Sandra become acclimated to this healthier way of eating you'll probably come up with recipes of your own; recipes you were already used to, altered to be LDL acceptable. Please be sure to post those "new" recipes to the Recipe Board when you can.

Thank you;
EnJae
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Andrew
WELCOME!!!  Looking forward to any gourmet recipes you can post!!!!!  No matter what your daily feast was before if you are like most of us you cant imagine eating any other way than the way you do now.  That is what got most of us into the predicament we're in.  Fortuneatly for us when you eat the recommended foods a miracle happens.......you start to crave healthy nutritious food thats not loaded with fat and sugar!!!!!!  And one day in the future when you reach your goal you can maybe revisit some of your old favorites and I suspect you will find what many of the others on here found.......you no longer experience the same level of joy from eating them.  Best of Luck and I hope you really give it a shot. 
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
akashawolfe
New, but learning

Post by akashawolfe »

It's an amazing new phase in my life....I couldn't have imagined eating this way, or my man eating this way!  We have truly changed our style of eating and we both have lost weight.  I'm never hungry anymore...It's nothing short of a miracle for us. 

Kash 8)
"If that which you seek you find not within yourself. you'll not find it without."
Star_Dust2

Post by Star_Dust2 »

:)

Greetings to all,

I've been on the web site numerous times as a guest, and enjoyed reading the messages.  I recently ordered and received the book. I am so very skeptical of my own ability to follow a food program...after many years of diet failure.  This sounds very doable...especially since I won't count calories, weight and measure foods or eat prepackaged 'diet' foods. Not really 'negative' - just know myself!

I'm sure I own my body weight in diet books, not one of which has been of any long term effect. I'm frustrated emotionally and suffering physically from carrying too much weight, for far too long. Many of the messages in the Personal Success Stories have given me hope. I've certainly asked for help from God, many times, so if this is from HIM, I'm optimistic! Doing my part is always the most difficult part of any project I take on....and with me as a project...FUN!!

Looking forward to enjoying your fellowship online....

Star_Dust2
(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´¨·...¤*STARDUST*¤...·´¨`»
     (¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'· .¸)`'·.)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Welcome Star-dust, You are in the right place. It is very important that you use and enjoy the message boards. Now that you have your book, you  are on your way to a lighter, healthier lifestyle. Remember that every member on these boards have one thing in common.  Weight concerns.  Some have lost lots fast, and some have lost slower.  We did not obtain our weight overnight, and it will now go away overnight.  Just follow the book, and be patient. You will be amazed at how well it works. Should you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck... Mike
niki

Post by niki »

hi stardust.....be negative...be skeptical...i was..i wasn't even looking for a way of losing weight...i had given up trying and had just decided i didn't care about how much i weighed.....
   i saw the title on the internet and started investigating......i remember posting to roger that i felt that in order for God to heal me physically of the fatigue i had,i had to do my part...and i did...but ONLY with the help of let's do lunch.....that was 9 months ago...i've pretty much lost the weight i wanted to lose...but,i'm going to keep eating this way and wait for my body to tell me it's done.....
   if you really follow the program the way it's outlined in the book,you'll be amazed like i was when the foods you used to LOVE mean nothing to you......i don't need ANY willpower.....i have NO cravings...i eat loads of stuff..i don't think i eat less than i did before...just DIFFERENT.....the sweetest fruit...homemade bean soups(i love bean soups of ALL kinds....they call me the bean queen).....salads...vegetables...popcorn(i ate 2 big bowls a day the first few months),soynuts,roasted chick peas....i NEVER get tired of all the things i can cook and eat on this program....i DON'T even feel like i'm on a diet.................
   have any questions?..ask them....rough spots? let us help you through them...you have people in various stages of success that can all relate to where you are and where you're going...... i have been SO blessed by this wonderful program of eating.....THERE IS a blessing here for ANYONE who reaches for it.......... welcome to our boards..........................sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on October 24th, 2006, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome aboard Star-dust! Like the others have said...this plan takes very little effort once you decide to commit to it! I have been on the plan for 4 weeks now. I know I've lost weight, but most of all, I've gained energy, and a new "Chosen" family and many new friends!!
You can do this if you let God and this "Silly, crazy" group of people support you in your efforts. Some on this new lifestyle are in maintenance phase, some in the beginning and some  are somewhere in between. What matters is that we are all here to answer any and all questions! (Which of course there are no dumb ones!!!)
Veronica
MikeL
New, but learning

Post by MikeL »

I had already posted on the newcomer section, but will go ahead here too.  My wife, daughter, and myself started LDL about two weeks ago after a friend that had lost 50 lbs told me about it.  In not quite two short weeks my wife has of this morning lost 5 lbs.  I haven't weighed again yet, but my blood sugar was 107 this morning, the lowest it's been in a couple of years.  I am an insulin dependent diabetic and reduced my insulin slightly this morning.  I am pretty excited about the program and the prospects of loosing some weight and cutting back on the insulin.  So far I find the diet easy to follow, and I'm never hungry.  Truthfully, sometimes at meal time I don't care if I eat or not.  And coming from me, that's saying something.  I can hardly wait to see what has happened in 30 days.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome again, Mike!

How wonderful that both you and your wife are following LDL!  That makes it so much easier.  I look forward to hearing your one month progress report.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

i have to tell you,mike,that EVERY TIME i read that someone who is a diabetic has found let's do lunch,i am SO happy....because i feel that one more life has been saved......i REALLY believe that let's do lunch is the answer for SO MANY issues,especially diabetes......keep up the good work and keep us posted on your success......sincerely,niki
mikesbiz

Post by mikesbiz »

Hi, I am lost trying to use this system.  Until I started reading and searching how to do this, I felt fairly intelligent....now I feel I have lost all my IQ.  If anyone could help me navigate these boards, I would appreciate it.  If this is the wrong place to write this, please forgive me, for I am truly lost here.
Thanks,
Mike
God Bless You
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Mike,

We're all here to help. Please specify what issues you are having, and we will try to help.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
jerio

Post by jerio »

I've been here for about a week, and I really enjoy the LDL food.Im trying to be patient and not run to the scales, but I know that my body sure seems to be responding..here is what has been so amazing to me...I don't seem to have the cravings that sent me into a spin..I know everyone is different and maybe Im not thru with cravings yet..I can hope..ha ha..even the emotional upsets have not sent me off in the wrong direction, so I have to say there is something very wonderful about this way of eating.....also...I think maybe I have become addicted to butter beans...   Annie
niki

Post by niki »

jerio wrote:I don't seem to have the cravings that sent me into a spin.......emotional upsets have not sent me off in the wrong direction.....I think I have become addicted to beans...Annie

YES...JUST WHAT I LOVE TO HEAR............YAY......niki
jerio

Post by jerio »

I really want to thank all of you for your help...this is almost the 3rd week for me..I've lost 8 lbs..I weighed because I have a Dr appt. and they will do it anyway..so..this way I know.  When I started I hadn't received my book..so I used things on the board here and you were all so nice to help me...I got my book...and I know I was doing some things wrong..but I figured it's going to be a little trial and error at first for me..I love the foods...and find that they are what I really enjoy eating..The program and this message board is a God send..thanks again..   Annie
niki

Post by niki »

hi annie....glad to hear you're doing so well....keep up the good work...............in Him,niki
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Great going Annie. Keep it up.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Danny,C

Post by Danny,C »

Hi my name is Danny and I have been on ldl for 3 weeks and have lost 14 lbs. but I lost all them on the first week,here is what I eat most days tell me if it is wrong please.  I have a smoothie and fruit in the am plus decaf coffee with low fat milk, lunch I have either soup or grilled chicked salad, then in the eve I have  either a nice salad or just a lot of fruit and for my snack I have pop corn and ginger ale (diet), I just feel like I should have lost a few more lbs  . am I wrong.  thanks.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Danny,

We all lose weight at a different rate.  Since you loss was soooo great during week one, it will take a little bit of time for your body to catch-up.  Just keep on keeping on...on LDL and STAY OFF  the scales!  Watch and see how your clothes fit.  That is one of the best guides as to how you are doing. At some point you should find yourself not eating the same quantity of food.  This will also help with your weight loss.  BUT...EAT when you are hungry...and UNTIL you are FULL all of the LDL foods.  If you are hungry, that seems like when the cravings can begin.  Sometimes I am not even sure it is cravings, but a remembrance of WHAT we used to eat and enjoy...and that usually leads down the destructive path to cheating when you really DIDN'T want that food.

I always have fresh fruit and POPCORN handy.  I have the popcorn on my desk at work and I munch on it whenever I am hungry. 

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!