New To Our Boards?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Danny,C

Re: New To Our Boards?

Post by Danny,C »

THANK YOU M,S JEANNE FOR YOUR ANSWER AND I AM REALLY GOING TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR ME :D, AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I AM DOING I 4 WEEKS WHEN I GET BACK ON THE SCALES, YOU HAVE A BLESSED DAY AND REMEMBER THAT IT IS NEVER THE MESSENGER BUT ALL WAYS THE MESSAGE.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Danny,

It WILL work for you.  Most of it is retraining our BRAINS to think LDL style.  ALL of our lives we have been trained to think and eat other ways.  Other eating styles have trained us to think differently...and they have NOT be successful in us keeping our weight off...if we were able to lose it.

I find that IF I have a bag of POPCORN on my desk...and my dining table at home, I will reach for that rather than for anything else to snack on.  DH does the same thing...if it is there...he will eat it.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and the weight will just fall off of you.  It takes a little bit of time for your body to adjust to the new way of eating.  Now I find myself CRAVING...frozen corn, frozen peas, and beans!  All healthy things.  What a switch!!!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Danny,C

Post by Danny,C »

THANKS FOR HELPING ME JEANNE,I WILL KEEP ON GOING ON THIS DIET I HAVE EATER SO MANY GRAPES IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS ,NOW THEY ARE MT GO TO SNACK,LOVE THE GREEN ONES,I DID MEASURE MY FAT LITTLE BELLY THIS MORNING NOW, AND I WILL DO IT AGAIN NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS IF ANY THING,MY CLOTHES STILL FEEL THE SAME BUT I AM NOT WANTING TO EAT ICE CREAM OR CANDY,AND MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS THE LOWEST IT HAS EVER BEEN,SO SOME THINGS ARE WORKING,AND AGAIN I THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME, MAY GOD BLESS YOU.    LATER DANNY
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Danny,

At first it seemed like I could NOT EAT enough of the FROZEN GRAPES!  Now, it has probably been 7-10 days since I have had any.  After months I have also found that I do not eat nearly as much (quantity) food as I did when I first started.  What has happened is, my body is now satisfied with WHAT it is eating.  Consequently, it doesn't demand the same quantity to be satisfied.  The grapes took care of the sweet cravings!  I was watching the bananas as they seemed to spike my blood sugar readings.  I can live with eating them only occasionally.  (My doc said, NO BANANAS and NO ORANGES and NO ORANGE JUICE!  So, until my readings got better, I thought that was the least I could do.)  There are so many other fruits that I like that I just switched my list of choices...and I am satisfied with it.

Trust me...this works.  I have now lost 34 pounds.  I put on a pair of slacks this morning that I haven't been able to wear for probably 5 or 6 years or so.  I just wanted to see "how close" I was to wearing them...and I discovered that I COULD wear them...and I DID!

Keep in touch.  We will try to help you as much as we can to find your goal thru LDL!  I personally like the difference in how much better physically I feel.  Next doctors appt. is the 24th (I think).  Labs sometime next week.  Am expecting much better results again.  Blood pressure is way lower.  Doc said perhaps we can reduce or eliminate some of the meds.  What a blessing that will be!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Everybody!

I introduced myself a few days ago...maybe the second day that i really started LDL (even without the book -- still don't have it but hope it'll be delivered soon!)...

I must say that i do feel a sensation of fullness and satisfaction that i don't usually feel.

My day goes something like this:  i get up around 5:00am or a bit earlier and make a cup of coffee...i have skim milk in it -- no sugar, of course.  I may have a second cup.  I work from home and begin with coffee....Around 7:00  I have  breakfast  of bean or lentil soup with salad on top, (i put romaine lettuce, a bit of raw red onion, cucumber, tomato, three small olives sliced, red bell pepper with a capful of vinegar and about a teaspoon of reduced calorie mayo...mix that up and spoon heaps on top of the bowl of beans or lentils) Then i'll have some fruit and fresh squeezed fruit juices and water and my vitamins....

and i just added corn on the cob yesterday....ate two of them yesterday -- with a little EVOO rubbed on them and then sprinkled with kosher salt and  cracked black pepper -- with left over lentils and cucumber salad...yummy...may have another ear tonight with some left over vegetarian cuban style black beans. 

Yesterday for lunch i prepared a beef stew with one slim diced carrot and corn and peas, onions and garlic, tomato sauce...plenty of garlic.  I couldn't believe when i did not go back for seconds.  I ALWAYS HAVE SECONDS....so yes, in an hour i wanted something more...but i figured i was not allowed another Lunch even though it was only an hour after i ate lunch...so i had some pop corn and i had a caffeine free diet pepsi (i wanted to get rid of what was in the fridge ;D -- but don't plan to buy more)

I have been really feeling that this IS the blessing i was expecting and asking our Lord God to send.  I am so appreciative for every day that i don't have that spiraling- out-of-control feeling.  I hate not being able to stop my hand from picking up food and putting it in my mouth...I hate not being able to stop my mouth and throat for doing their thing.  I almost don't want to tell anyone about it.  My husband knows i'm trying "something new" ...he is also on a modified version of LDL without him even knowing....but let me get me under control first - my husband doesn't have the problems with food that i have. 

There is this WHite Castle place near me and every time i have to drive by there - (i always planned to pass by there when my husband conveniently was not with me) - and i could never make myself drive by without stopping - even though the last time i went i only ordered 5 burgers -- THat's NOTHING!! -- and chomped on them as i drove back home -- having to leave the car window open a crack in order to let that distinctive aroma escape the confines of the car.  I was sneaking to eat....i bought ice cream and hid it in the freezer (well..i placed it such that it was not readily seen) and i would eat from it every time i thought i was alone....i imagine an alcoholic or drug addict lives like this -- i am an addict -- but right now -- since about 30 hours after i started LDL, i don't feel that way any more.  I actually drove past that hamburger place twice today and was amazed that i did not have that awful magetic pull to stop and eat.  And i am sleeping better and deeper also...

I am going to try to avoid the scale for another 2 weeks or so.  I know i'm not gaining weight and i put on a pair of pants today that i couldn't comfortably get into for the last 2 weeks...

If you see i'm doing something wrong with my eating, please let me know.

Does anyone know whether Walden Farms salad dressings  (especially the ranch and italian) are allowed on LDL?

Thank you so much to LDL -- even five days without those horrendouse crazy cravings  is certainly a blessing!

marguerite
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Margo,

Yes, I too know what it is like to NOT be able to drive past the drive thrus.  It is an awful feeling to know that you have mentally told yourself...I am NOT going to go to the drive thru...only to find out that you HAVE actually gone thru it and have eaten all that you purchased.  I also know what it is like to "HIDE" food for sometime when I am alone...or NOT being watched.  Been there...done that!!!!

Praise the Lord!  Each and every time you make it past the temptation, you need to pat yourself on the back!  Then when you get home...SHOUT praises to God that you made it.  I have to pass two McDonalds, Arby's, DQ's, Pizza places, A Hamburger speciality store, Ice cream places, etc., etc., etc.  Some days it is a rough trip...but that was BEFORE  LDL.  Now it is sooooo much easier to just keep on going....home.

I like the fact that I feel so much better physically now that I did pre LDL.  I felt bad all the time.  I felt like I was in a stupor much or most all of the time.  One day while sitting at my desk at work, I felt like someone had "turned on my 'lights'" if you know what I mean.  It was like suddenly...I woke up!  And I have been awake ever since.  What a great and wonderful feeling.

This is the first year in many that I have felt like weeding in my flower beds.  It is a good thing too as I now have all my Mom's flower beds to keep clean too!

So glad you found us.  We are so happy to have you on board the LDL lunch wagon!

Jeanne
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

LOL!!!!
While reading the above messages I remembered that back in December, when I wasn't sticking to LDL, I bought a gallon of ice cream and hid it from my foster-dad in the back of the freezer under some frozen veggies. I only ate out of it once and I bet that sucker is STILL hiding back there. I moved out April 1st.
I'll try to run by there today at lunchtime and toss it out.

NJ
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Thanks for all your feedback.  I'm still doing well.  I had my lentils and salad on top late this morning....get this:  i just wasn't that hungry and before breakfast (11am) i went to the supermarket to get some supplies.  I actually was able to get out of the market without getting those cheese doodles and cheeze nips!  No ice cream in my cart and no bread, no pasta and no chips!  I paid for heaps of veggies and beans and corn and protein and got out of there!  I feel some power over food and i feel the strength to say "no" to the fooddrugs!

I can't wait to get my book -- i see that something will be delivered today in the mail, so i hope that's it.  I feel a need to really read all the details and to fine tune my eating to LDL specifications!  I am looking forward to being healthful and beautiful (on the outside) again.

May God help us all stay strong and motivated.

And Little Mary, i am praying for your husband and family in general. 

Thanks
margo
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Margo,

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!  for you!  Way to go, girl!!!  You made it through the store without any of the no-no's....that is half the battle there.

Yes, be sure to read and reread the diet portion of the book at least three (3) times (per Roger Troy) to be sure you understand it.  Since it is so different from anything that I have ever done in the past, it took me a few reads to begin to really understand its concepts...but I know that LDL works!

Any questions, please feel free to ask them and we will do our best to answer them.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Jeanne
lostinfat

Post by lostinfat »

Hello everyone! My name is Cristy and I new to the boards. I recently purchased LDL as a last resort. I have had every kind of blood test ran in hopes of having an excuse for letting myself get this out of control! Well, guess what all my tests came back good ;D. Which is wonderful, but now I have come to the conclusion that it is all up to me to lose this. My goal is to lose 100#'s in a year, I am a HUGE stress eater. I do very well during morning and mid-afternoon, it is dinner time that I have found myself gorging. ??? I am very frustrated, and have high hopes of gaining new friendships with those that have some idea of what I am going through. I too, have tried everything and I am so afraid now that I have convinced myself that this is just the norm for me and I must just deal with it! HELP!

Thanks ahead of time for all of your support!
Cristy ;D
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi cristy......so glad you found us...we're a big bunch of losers at different stages of success....i had given up even looking for anything...i had just decided "who cares?"...i was tired of trying...and now, i'm as thin as i could be...i lost all the weight i wanted to lose..and i did it without even dieting.....i posted my success story on the personal success boards under the topic "my success story in progress"....you CAN do this......we're all here to help and encourage each other and we extend a hand to YOU..........
  read the book a few times...the second time should be after you've been on the program for a few weeks...this will help you fine tune everything....questions?...issues?....there's loads of info on these boards....whatever you need, let us help you.....
  let's do lunch has changed my life...it has the potential to do the same for you.............welcome.............niki     
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

CRISTY,  WELCOME  TO  LET'S  DO LUNCH!

This is the BIGGEST set of Losers of weight I have found thus far!  LDL really works and is FANTASTIC!  Try it...you will like it!

Cristy, one thing I want to caution about is setting a TOTAL weight loss goal in a certain time period.  You see, LDL is NOT a diet...but a life style...a new eating plan that you adapt to your schedule and your food preferences.  All you have to do is...EAT yourself SKINNY!  Blows my mind...but it does work!

I have lost a total of 40 pounds now and am so pleased with the way I feel that I know I will stay on LDL for life!  I am NOT setting LONG TERM Deadlines for weight loss.  Only short term pounds.  I didn't gain it all overnight...and I KNOW I won't lose it overnight.  There are times when I have plateaued.  But, if we persevere, we will get over those too.

When I went to the doctor last, I was certainly surprised that I had lost another 6 pounds on his scale.  I knew I had lost a couple by my scale, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw that!

Ask any questions you may have...we promise we will do our best to answer them.  Meantime...Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and Skinnytown is your goal!

Jeanne 
lostinfat

Post by lostinfat »

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]A BIG Thank you to everyone!
You have all been so warm and inviting. It is so nice to know that I am not doing this alone. What a blessing ;).

Have a wonderful day!
Cristy
lostinfat

Post by lostinfat »

Marguerite,

Your story made me laugh and want to cry. I have been coming to a slow realization that I was hiding food as well. What an addiction, I am hoping to put an end to it soon. Great Job!

Cristy
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

BIG HI TO YOU CHRISTY,
  Welcome to the best place on  cyber space.You will get all the encouragment and advice you will ever need , this is a great site for help all you have to do is ask . there will be some one to answer all concern,s you will not believe the way you feel when you are on this plan for awhile. there is so much to eat and if you go hungry its your fault not only do you lose weight but inches also.so come here often ask questions and i hope the very best for you on your journey to a smaller you!!!!!         
                                        GOD BLESS
                                    CM IN TN 8)
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hello Christy and Welcome aboard our train of losers to Skinny town (AKA LDL RANCH!!) Everyone is right. We all lose weight at different rates and you don't want to set yourself up for failure. I've been on the program mostly for about 1 year and have lost 45 pounds so far! Since I too was hoping for the 100# mark by now and had hit a big plateau, I fell off the wagon occasionally. I gained almost 5 pounds back, but once I got back on track (easily) I lost those 5 right away and am back where I belong. If I can do this, anyone can!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:but once I got back on track (easily) I lost those 5 right away and am back where I belong.

awrightie now.........JUST what i always LOVE to hear...niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
lucindajane

Post by lucindajane »

Hello,  My doctor recommended Lets Do Lunch.  Its that or lapband surgery!  I actually gained 40 pounds over the last year - stress eating and traveling for business - and he's very concerned, too.  I think I'll be able to stick with this as I really love fruit and eat my main meal at noon whenever I can.  Are there any suggestions for eating out?  I'm away 50-90% of each month and find that this is my biggest overeating problem.