Starbucks Treat

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
BradyBunchMom

Starbucks Treat

Post by BradyBunchMom »

This time of year Starbucks has a hot beverage that can be ordered in an LDL approved way.  It is called Carmel Apple Cider and if you get it with just the Apple Cider and their sugar free version of the syrup they usually put in it WITHOUT the carmel.....something about how they steam the cider makes it frothy.....very yummy.This is an occasional treat when dh thinks I need time away from the house.....helps both of us pass up the cookies and other treats at Starbucks.

We also love Mary's Cider recipe at....
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=300.0
(You don't need a scented candle when this stuff is brewing:-)

Is there a place to specifically post LDL eating out finds? I would love to be able to plan our dinners out armed with some really good choices.  It's always frustrating to pay for Salmon or something because it seems LDL approved, just to get something that either has a very sugary sauce or that isn't very good.  Have you ever tried to listen to the waiter try to describe what is in a dish and tell him the way you'd prefer it while tending to a baby and toddler?  Also, the food police might help us discern that that "very tasty mango sauce" that they put on the Tilapia at Cheddars might be better put on the side for fork dipping or left off all together.

Upon rereading this post, I'm thinking someone might be thinking "Julie, are you getting enough fruit?"  I assure you I'm eating fruit.  These are just occasional eat out treats:-)  I'm not really craving Cider drinks....just enjoying the holiday season in an LDL kind of way:-)  The Starbucks happens to be right near the best area to look at lights....think they planned that?!?  Anyone thinking we need a large thermos?

Lovin LDL,
Julie
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Starbucks Treat

Post by robnveronica »

Sounds good to me Julie!! I know exactly what you're talking about w/ waiter and kids. Usually if we have kids w/ us it's "yes I'd like....no you can't have that...(placing order)....I told you to stop irritating your sister!...No I need that on the side please...Hannah sit down right...etc etc etc!"
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Ingredients list:
100% Apple Juice
Sugar Free Cinnamon Dulce Syrup (sucralose, cellulose gum, sodium benzalite, natural citric acids)

They said they put a small amount of the syrup in...I'm thinking this would be similar to a packet of Splenda  in my tea or a serving of sugar free Jello which I don't do very often either but still LDL approved?
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

RT;

Sucralose is the non-brand name for "Splenda"tm.

NJ
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Thanks for the clarification NJ.  That is what I was thinking but....
I concede (this drink isn't LDL approved) because RT is RT and he said it isn't, but I don't understand :)

Lovin LDL,
Julie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Julie;

I think this is a drink you can probably have. RT just didn't realize that sucralose was Splenda. Give him a little time to catch up to us.

For me this is a drink I should NOT have. Real sugar gives me a pleasant little high and then triggers cravings for more. And Splenda gives me that same high and cravings; so I avoid it.

But most folks can handle Splenda just fine.