I am new and need some guidance!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tiffanykustron
New, but learning

I am new and need some guidance!

Post by tiffanykustron »

Hi!  I Have not been able to get the book just yet and I need some help in the mean time!...  I have heard that we are allowed to eat potatoes now, is this correct?  What kind of meat can I eat until I am full?  Can I eat steak, pork chops, beef, pulled pork, etc?  Any other info you could give me to get me going would be much appreciated!!  thank you!!  :thumbsup:
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: I am new and need some guidance!

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi tiffany,

Actually the whole potato experiment was a bust.  Roger ended up gaining, I think he said, 20 pounds.  Soooooooo, potatoes are not suggested.  :) 

You can eat all of the lean meats you want until full.  LDL works by giving your body the dense nutrition it needs through whole and unprocessed or very little processing.  Your body will just naturally begin to eat less as it is fed the nutrients it needs and becomes healthier.  Hope this helps. 

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

LP got her comment posted before I did (had to deal with stopped up sink drain, LOL)
Gonna post what I typed anyway.
Some of what I said is a repeat of what LP said, but its all good.

Hi Tiffany,

Beef and pork should be used in moderation for weight loss. White meat chicken and turkey is best.
When Roger lost weight, he mixed ground chicken breast and ground sirloin half and half for burgers.
Potatoes also should be occassional. Roger found that eating potatoes every day cause weight gain.
Best to cook whole meat yourself rather than the pre-prepared (like pulled pork).
MSG and other preservative chemicals are added to processed and pre-prepared meats.
Your meats should be eaten only once a day early afternoon.
Fruits or meatless soups to eaten breakfast or supper.
That is the plan for the quickest weight loss.
You will hear this referred to as Pure LDL.
For many, this plan was difficult to adhere to strictly if you are working or have other family conflicts,
so a slower, but more sure way to stay on plan, is to eat the many LDL foods whenever you are hungry.
Just eliminate the processed foods and grains, nuts and seeds. If you reach goal....great!
If you stall, then we can take a look at how much and when you are eating, and make adjustments.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

LP -- I haven't been steadily on the boards for a while, though getting back, and I hadn't heard about the potatoes.  So glad to hear, because it didn't work for me for sure.  I really didn't want to come to the boards anymore since the potato thing, because I wasn't in agreement.  I did so well when I ate the old way -- but it was enough of a seed to make me think -- well, maybe I should try some potatoes.  It so made my husband happy, as he loves them. 

What worked best for me is to eat fruit for breakfast and dinner -- all I wanted.  Then for lunch I would eat a lean meat, veggies and bean soup.  I lost so well -- adding a good walk everyday and working out with free weights 2-3 times a week.  I haven't been sticking to this 100%, so I have ten pounds to lose-- though I've still done very well with maintaining for the most part.  The old way I ate before LDL would have me back to my old, unhealthy weight plus 5 or 10 new pounds!!  :thumbdown:

Funny, just this knowledge that the potato experiment is over gives me the encouragement I needed to come to the boards more often.  :thumbsup:
tiffanykustron
New, but learning

Post by tiffanykustron »

That is awesome! 
Thank you for the responses!... 
I am in my 20's and I am looking for a change of life type of eating.  Something I can do the rest of my life and feel healthy!...
Because of the holiday weekend I did have a burger, an Italian sausage, and pulled pork - but NO bread.
I am hoping I can adjust this diet so that it will work for me and still be able to eat dinners with my husband.
I know this will mean that I will eat my meat at dinner time. 

Is bagged frozen meat ok?  For example, tysons bagged boneless skinless chicken tenderloins.
I am not aloud to have almond milk, correct?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I think most everyone uses the frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Sounds like you did pretty good for a holiday weekend.
When you are eating out, sometimes you just have to make the best choices knowing everything you eat will not be LDL "Legal"
Omitting the bread was great.
Almond milk not so great. I think Mary posted something about it.
If you feel you really need dairy, low fat Greek yogurt with some frozen fruit may be the best choice.
If you choose to drink milk it may slow the weight loss. You will just have to see how it affects you.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Also, I've learned how to make a burger with tomato, pickle and then wrap it in a big lettuce leaf or two.  Delicious!  You can even get them that way at Red Robin, if you have one in the area.
tiffanykustron
New, but learning

Post by tiffanykustron »

Thank you!  You are all so helpful and wonderful!  ;D
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tiffany- it's so great to have you on board.  Eating the "pure" form of LDL is the best way to lose weight.  Try to be as strict as possible and you will be amazed at the results.  We love to help each other.  Don't hesitate to ask questions.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Pam, I remember the thread we had a few years back with Julie from New York or New Jersey about eating LDL Pure.  That extra encouragement of being in a group helped me lose really well too.  Maybe we ought to start a new group where we can all go to that thread and encourage each other by sharing what is working to keep us on track.  I'm going to think about a name -- anyone else that wants to make suggestions, they are certainly welcome.  We can list some guidelines and just be there for each other.  What do you think?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I'm in....need to break this stall
Linda

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Great idea!!!  You will come up with a name, just like the name you gave this woe.  So glad you're back on the boards.  *love* it.  :D  JF   
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Even though I didn't think the potato thing was a good idea, I got lax about potatoes and gained a few that I'd rather not have -- so, though I'm still at a healthy weight, I'm wanting to do what I know kept me at my best.  My thing is to do what worked so well in the past and see where it stops.  Then continue on at that lowest weight.  My birthday is 2 weeks away and I'm not weighing until then, to see how well I do on my old way.  I'm still thinking on a name -- about to go on my walk and I think best then!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

That sounds like a great idea -Im in!  The time is NOW!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Great Jen, so there are three of us and JF will be an awesome cheerleader. On my walk I was discussing it with my walking partner today -- my friend Fani -- and I was also just doing some thinking.  I was thinking the name of the thread could be:  Seriously LDL -- the time is NOW!  (I added that part from what you wrote, Jen.)  I think that sounds motivating.  I'm thinking we can first do a two week test run -- simply to work out the bugs and announce it to everyone and let everyone who wants to join start on that official date.  Well, let's start it officially on Monday, Sept. 24th, (since Monday is a great day to begin a program) but we can all start doing it now. 

These boards need some life for sure -- don't they?  I think that when we take the attitude that it doesn't matter how long it takes to lose the weight, we lose more people than we encourage to stick with the program.  There are people who have been on a 3 year plateau, but obviously still have weight to lose.  That would tell me that something is not working and it's time to either be honest with yourself that you are cheating a lot more than you are owning up to -- or you have a medical problem -- or something else might work for you, like how I stay away from popcorn and do so much better and also doing exercise when you haven't been.  I don't believe all the plateaus of this board are genuine plateaus.  We have to be realistic, of course, and we have to always encourage HEALTHY weight loss. 

A big part of effective weight loss is having your head on straight.  Be realistic and don't hang all your hopes on a number on a scale.  We need an awareness that we should be aiming toward a healthier, stronger body.  Muscle weighs more than fat, but it takes up less space -- so you could have two people with identical heights and weights but one has a healthy ratio of fat to muscle and the other is obese.  We have got to be more concerned with strength and health and not a number.  We are not aiming for a number, but for a slender, fit body that is at a normal metabolism and not a slow metabolism. Our minds can undermine our success, if you focus on the wrong things.

I'm going to write up something to put on the first post of the thread that people can refer back to when needing to be reminded.  I'll try to write something today and make a thread for those of us doing the two week trial run.  Then on Monday, Sept. 24th we'll officially begin.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thank you so much crickadoodle for getting this going.  I really need this as a motivator and I agree it might liven up the boards.  I also love the name!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I put up a thread for the test run explaining on the General Discussion board.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

This is good, Crick.  THANKS!!!  :thumbsup:  JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I like your plan, Crick.  I certainly hope it will invigorate these boards.  I have been exercising and eating more protein and the needle on that scale is moving downward.
Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Way to go, Pam!!