How to stop chocolate cravings?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tiffanykustron
New, but learning

How to stop chocolate cravings?

Post by tiffanykustron »

Before I started this diet I would crave chocolate every single night!!!...  Now I have been on this diet for a little over a week and I have not craved chocolate up until last night!  I had the WORST craving for chocolate!...  I resisted the urge and did not eat it but I literally had a dream about chocolate ice cream!

My question is.... is there any "quick fix" for a chocolate craving?
cameron
Master Member

Re: How to stop chocolate cravings?

Post by cameron »

I believe Linda RN once said that she had a problem with chocolate cravings, and she would have a square or two of Lindt dark chocolate once in awhile, and after some time the cravings went away.

Someone else mixed cocoa and stevia, and would dip banana into that mixture, using very little of course.

I have always found that eating the sweetest fruits until full looked after the problem for me!

Keep up the good work, you are doing very well!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Tiffany,
I was a horrible chocoholic. Like Cameron said, I did the very dark (like 70 then increased to 85%) Lindt chocolate.
It worked until the cravings went away.
You may also want to try a magnesium supplement.
I have heard that a chocolate craving indicates a magnesium deficiency.
Need to stay away from chocolate ice cream. Most ice creams are loaded with HFCS (very addictive).
An LDL substitute would be a couple frozen bananas, a little milk, ice and some cocoa sweetened with stevia.
Whip that up in a Ninja and eat without guilt. Freeze any leftovers for another day.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I think that chocolate powder itself isn't fattening at all -- it is the fats and sugars mixed with it!  I don't really have chocolate cravings, but I did what Linda mentioned about frozen banana blended into an "ice cream" with some stevia and chocolate powder.  Pretty great imitation of chocolate ice cream -- but much healthier and slimming too!
tiffanykustron
New, but learning

Post by tiffanykustron »

Oh yummy I have to try that!!  Thank you!!