Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
lindawell8
New, but learning

Re: Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by lindawell8 »

Just did my ticker and seeing if it worked. Thank you.
Have a really wonderful and blessed LDL [i]day.   Linda (Boots) Weller                           
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

:thumbsup:Hell-o, you guys have no idea how bad I am on this computer. But with lots of prayer I was able to get a ticker, yea. Now on with the program. I really belong now. LOL
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Way to go, Linda!  Love your ticker!!  You are so close to your goal.  :thumbsup:
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Good LDL morning!!! Just wanted to pop in here and say "Let's roll"  :)

Hope everyone has a great LDL day.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Yea, Ollie!!  I had a great day.  I know I'm not supposed to weigh but once a week, but I ate so much yesterday, I was just curious!  I actually went down almost 2 lbs.!! 

I ate two bowls of soup with my lunch and I was thinking I was being a little piggy.  Well, I just want to encourage everyone to not eat too little.  It really will make your metabolism drop down.  I think bean soup really helps me lose.  It's one of the things I stopped doing and I think is part of the.  Another thing I realize over the past day is that I have not been eating anything much with iodine in it, and I know that affects your thyroid's efficiency.  I am cooking a big pot of Niki's Favorite Bean Soup this morning and I got out my kombu seaweed stuff that someone suggested to cut down on the gas caused by the beans -- and it hit me how much iodine that stuff has!!  Well, that should give a boost to my thyroid, if it was needing it!  :D

Also, it is ok to eat things besides fruit at night (popcorn, veggies maybe even bean soup), I would just suggest that you watch the oils and salt at night.  Originally the plan was to stay away from meat at night, unless you had to because of an engagement of some sort -- then in that case the suggestion was to flip your lunch and night meal -- eating the big meal at night and the lighter meal during the day.  I think a really good thing about LDL is that the lighter foods that you eat at night don't take much to digest and you sleep sounder and don't have problems with acid reflux (if that has been a problem for anyone.)  The idea was that you are going to sleep, so you really don't need a bunch of calories to do that.  I ate a lot of fruit last night with very good results. 
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Well, you can see by my new ticker that I have a looooong way to go! But each journey begins with the first step. I feel better both physically and mentally. I find the biggest problem is keeping food that is legal on hand. We live in a small town with no grocery store. So I have to get real creative sometimes until the next shopping trip.
But I am determined that this will be the last time I will have to struggle with an eating program.
I have to keep it simple, as I find the more I add to the basics, the harder it is to not gain. But...It is worth it.
Like probably everyone else, I weighed this morning and glory be, I had lost two more lbs. Whoop, Whoop.
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Noticed we have a few Lindas, So will try and remember to sign my posts as Linda Lee.
tres

Post by tres »

Good job Linda Lee and Crickadoodle!  Two pounds lost and eating lots of good things!  Yay!

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

Here is my post from yesterday...posted on the wrong thread...

I want to be down to my goal weight by my Vow renewal Ceremony Next year (October 26, 2013)...I have just under 60#'s to lose but I have over a year to do it!

Last time I decided to do LDL hard core, I lost 42 #'s in just under 9 months! So, I GOT THIS!!  thumbsup

Got a good start today...had canteloupe and a banana for breakfast, with coffee of course...A big salad with chicken, strawberries, blueberries and my strawberry salad dressing for lunch I I think my recipe is on the boards)!! nom nom nom. Plan to have more melon for dinner (love it) and some popcorn!! Maybe some grapes if I'm still hungry!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!

Blessings
Jo

Today I did not eat breakfast...spent the morning in bed...too much exercise yesterday!! Very sore and I also had a migraine  :sad:

But I had another big salad with chicken and berries with salad (with decaf coffee) and plan to have watermelon, canteloupe and popcorn later for dinner!! :)

Blessings
Jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Stayed true to LDL today but not without cravings.  Everytime I crave that ice cream, I eat fruit - just not cutting it.  I am not going to give in.
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

:blush:Just checking in. I'm also having thoughts about not eating to much. But it really helps to read these posts. I exercise a lot and I don't think I eat enough. But going to try and eat more of LDL foods. Just need to learn more of what is best here. I do enjoy eating this way. By the way Linda Lee is my sister-in-laws name. Nice lady.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Jenny.

Ice cream is in my DNA. Seriously. My dad was never without it, and he did the grocery shopping while I was growing up. If we had nothing else, we had ice cream!

To get rid of that originally, I had to get it out of the house for a while first. I told my hubby he could have it later. Then I made my own fruit ice cream (and shared it with him). Frozen oranges and bananas are my favorite. Pears and bananas. Watermelon! Eat it until you can't stand it. Really! No guilt, because it's just fruit. You're better off by far eating some extra calories as fruit (which won't stick to your thighs) than trying to fight off ice cream cravings with sheer willpower.

Good luck! I know it can be done.
Terri
tres

Post by tres »

Jencita, is it Jenny?  You can do it!  Get a few days away from those cravings and it will be so worth it.  I know you know this, I'm just trying to reinforce what you already know.  :thumbsup:
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Yes, you can do it. !!! LDL ice cream is delicious.  It works.  :thumbsup:  JF
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thanks all fo the encouragement - I made it through yesterday on pure LDL YAY!  I love the LDL ice cream I just get lazy about making it.  Today is a new day everyone.  We got this! I know that if I can stick with this the cravings will go away! I plan on adding some exercise this weekend.
chewy

Post by chewy »

what are you eating for breakfast on seriously LDL ?
i am always having fruit for breakfast. i love organic fuji apples chopped up with frozen blueberries and cinnamon. very satisfying along with my starbucks doppio espresso!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Chewy, this morning I had a really good breakfast -- raspberries, red grapes, fresh pineapple and a small banana.  So good.  Lunch was a salad with grilled chicken on top and some bean soup -- Niki's favorite bean soup.  I can't remember if I've put the link for that recipe, but I'm going to look it up and then modify this post -- so if anyone wants to try it they can easily find the recipe.  That is such a delicious soup.  Again, it is another that my mom cleaned the bowl!!    Here's the link to the recipe:  http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=1384.0

I have been eating just fruit at night, and I have to admit I've been having no cravings.  This way of eating really does safisfy me.  It makes me wonder why I ever eat any other way -- although I'm probably not having craving issues because I really don't eat refined products -- even if I'm not 100% LDL.  I stay away from HFCS (high fructose corn syrup is a killer and makes you fat) and preservatives and sugar and flour.  I love LDL!!
Last edited by crickadoodle on September 26th, 2012, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Terri -- you are the first person I've heard of who said that their dad did the grocery shopping!!  That is how I grew up too.  My dad did the shopping and helped out around the house.  One day it hit me after hearing my husband tell me that he didn't help out around the house because that wasn't how he grew up.  His mom worked outside the home, but cooked and cleaned and all that.  He was explaining why he didn't naturally think to help out.  Well, then after hearing this quite a few times it hit me that I didn't grow up in a house where the mom did all the house work.  My dad was not only the grocery shopper, but did the dishes and washed and dried and folded clothes. (They both did those, but he was the only one who did the grocery shopping.) He was the man of the house, no doubts about it, but he didn't have a problem doing those things.  He didn't cook too often, though.  There were a few things he'd cook and of course he was the one who barbecued. Oh, and he loved ice cream too.  So does my husband.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Just had my favorite chopped salad (hold the cheese) at Taste Chicago in Burbank. It was a treat to myself after just having my teeth cleaned.
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I think it's nice when men step up.  My DH does everthing. I help him, so it is not a problem.  Our son-in-l and son do the same.  Ice cream is always in our freezer, and it is often replaced.  I like my LDL when I want it.  :thumbsup: JF