Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by witheraway1 »

I am picky about my candy, But I love snickers...I always take a look and then mostly pass them by. Reprogaming yourself is a process.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

My shorts fit even better today BUT muffin top is still there.  Three years ago I would have worn them and not given a thought to the muffin top BUT I know with this smart way of eating that muffin top will be banished and I will gleefully find another pair in my LDL drawer full of smaller sizes that I purchased half hearterly thinking that $3 to $10 a pair wouldn't break the bank if this didn't work.

I'm only wishing now that I would have purchased drawers full of smaller clothes instead of one or two items per size when the clothing store was closing.  I guess there is always GoodWill and boy have they opened a really nice store by us.

Hope everyone else had a great week and a more successful week this week.

RB Kayaking
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I'm down another 1 1/2 lbs. this morning, so that is a total of 3 lbs. ---- but I hopped on the scale on Thursday and I was down an additional 2 lbs. on that day.  Funny how our bodies do -- but I'm not going to claim those two lbs. yet -- but had to post about them.  It was encouraging.

I had a great, busy weekend -- a wedding on Sat. of a former student.  The first wedding in our new church building.  The food at the wedding wasn't LDL friendly -- so all I ate was some meatballs.  Wasn't perfect, but the best choice there.  I did eat a little bean soup before I left home, because I didn't want to chance being too hungry.  Then on Sunday we had a wonderful day visiting with dear friends who'd been out of the country for months with the husband's job.  It was a beautiful day and we played a yard game called bocce ball which is a game from Spain, I think they said.  It was so much fun and nice to be out in the perfect weather.  They barbecued and I also had salad.  I'm sure everything wasn't perfectly LDL, but all I ate was meat, fruit and salad, so I made great choices.  I also ate a bowl of soup before I left home.  I just figure I'm safer that way.

I ate the last of my watermelon for supper -- it wasn't very good, since it is the end of the season.  I haven't seen any more in the stores, so I'm going to have to eat other fruits for supper.

This looks to be a busy week -- I have lots to do, so I'm sure I'll be in and out of the boards, but will probably be a little scarce.

Everyone have a blessed week and always be prepared.  :thumbsup:  With the Lord's help especially, we can do this!!  :D
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

What a pleasant surprise this morning.
After being back up 2-3 lbs during the week, today I can finally register a loss!
Today I am ay 170.2. That is down 1.6 from when I started.
Went for a walk around the property last night and only ate blueberries and yogurt for supper.
Guess it worked!! Going for a walk again this morning.
Just love Federal Holidays!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Great job Linda! I'm sure you will be under that 170 mark very soon!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I decided to make a lentil soup today and found this recipe from Little Mary.  She claims it is her favorite lentil soup, so I'll bet it is really good.  It is on the stove now and was so simple to do and only takes 45 minutes.  It fits perfectly into my day!! 

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... opic=533.0

I'll report back later on whether I like it or not, but I'm pretty sure I will.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Way to go!!! *hug*  JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh,  and ------Linda, I'm so happy for you!!  Even if you lose that every other week, that will be super!!  I'm glad you added walking.  You'll feel so much better.  I even read yesterday that a morning walk helps you sleep better at night.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

08OCT2012
Start weight=340 lbs
Today=340

Now last week I was at 350lbs and I have scale issues because my clothing continues to loosen up. I have gone from 3X to 2X shirts and am shopping for a pair of suspenders!

In order to read my scale I have to lean forward to read it and I noticed when I do that my weight goes up and when my weight is on my heels, it goes down! So I split the difference and that's how I come up with 340 lbs.
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sounds like a better result than last week, Joe!!  Now, next week, we'll see it go below 340!!   :thumbsup:  You're losing, if the clothes are getting looser, though!!  That's what is important.  Scales can lie, but your clothes getting looser is a better indicator.

Oh, the lentil soup was delicious too -- and was the easiest soup to make from scratch!!  In an hour it was totally cooked -- from chopping and sauteing to cooking on the stove.  Amazingly easy! And I had all the ingredients on hand already!!  :thumbsup:  I got to share some with clients today who came into my home to have an assessment on the hand cradle.  I got to share the LDL way of eating and sent the husband home with the book.  He would love to lose weight and I think this might be one of the answers to restore his health.  I love sharing this wonderful way of eating!!  I love helping people find better health.  It's like sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ -- Jesus came to give us abundant life and sometimes He uses LDL to do it.     He did in my life! I am so much healthier than before eating this way.  I know there are many others like me.
Last edited by crickadoodle on October 8th, 2012, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Amen. Definitely a lifesaver for me and my family also
Linda

joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

crickadoodle wrote:Sounds like a better result than last week, Joe!!  Now, next week, we'll see it go below 340!!   :thumbsup:  You're losing, if the clothes are getting looser, though!!  That's what is important.  Scales can lie, but your clothes getting looser is a better indicator.

I have a follow up at my doctors next week, his scale clocked me is at 380 last month. So I guess it is safe to say I am somewhere between 340 and 380 give or take 20 pounds!
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

Hi just wanted to check in. Lost 1lb. Love to check to change my ticker.
Have a really wonderful and blessed LDL [i]day.   Linda (Boots) Weller                           
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Yay! Congrats Linda - I am determined to change my ticker by this time next week. 
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Good Morning,
Joe, just got back from a large city in western Nebraska. No guns, no murders, no police sirens, etc. Maybe you should rethink living where you do! Of course to be fair, the population of this "big city" is 1000. Now before you jump to the thought I am exaggerating about big, you have to remember I live in a town of 460. One thousand seems mighty big to me.

Well, I weighed this morning and I did manage to lose a few more lbs. while traveling. Yay Me!!!!! Actually, Yay LDL!!!
I need to add a bit of exercise now and I know it will make me feel better about myself. I can't walk very far at a time, but I figure if I walk several times a day, that is better than nothing.

While gone to western Ne. by the way, they got 6 inches of snow. They have been in such a drought, they are calling it the billion dollar snow.

Just want all of you on the boards to know that I appreciate that you are sharing with all about your ups, downs, and what works for you and what doesn't. Hope more join in.

Have a good day, and Joe, stay safe!

Linda Lee
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Linda Lee, you are on your way for sure!!  And YES -- any activity is better than no activity.  They are finding that you get benefits, even if you break it up throughout the day.  So walk a little, rest as much as you need, walk a little more, etc.  :thumbsup:

I remember when LP (Little Princess) shared with us her victory of not using the motorized cart at the store and making it all the way around the store.  It was a major victory for her and we all rejoiced.  We are all at various stages, but we can all rejoice when one of us has a victory of any kind!  My personal motivation is to be healthy more than to be skinny.  When I first did LDL I remember being optimistically cautious about how much I'd lose.  I was 50 years old, and my experience had been that when you get older, it gets harder to lose.  But with LDL I surpassed my goal that I was guarded about making in the first place.  This way of eating works differently.  It isn't about bare-knuckled will power.  As Julie from NY used to say -- it has built in will power.  When you really do eat until full all the beans and fruit you can manage -- you don't desire the bad starchy carbs or bad sweet carbs.  You are satisfied with the textures and colors and flavors and you don't stand in front of the pantry or fridge asking yourself, "What do I want to eat now?"  This has been the biggest freedom of LDL. 

Lindawell8 -- congrats on another lb. gone for good!!

Joe, looking forward to hearing about how the doctor's appt. goes. 
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Well, Yesterday was a really difficult day. I did real well at breakfast and thought I was doing well at lunch. I made myself a tuna salad with lots of celery, beans and such and then put it in a green pepper half. Also had a baked acorn squash with apple pie spice sprinkled on it. That was at 1:30. By 3:00 I was ready to chew my knuckles off! I was struggling, as this is not normal for me. I drank water, ate ice, had a few frozen grapes, okay, more than a few. Finally at 5:30 I fixed my self a fruit smoothie. Then at 6:30 I ate half a can of G Northern beans. At 8:30, I ate a whole can of black beans.
Drank lots more water and then worked on the computer for quite awhile. Decided to stay up late, I know, DUH! That was a mistake! Finally drug myself out of the kitchen and to bed.
I was victorious in that I had all LDL food. I failed miserably at containing the hunger.
Normally, I am an emotional eater. Can't remember being hungry since I was a young girl.
Anyone have any suggestions about what I could do if this happens again? And yes, I walked, did stretches, jumped to conclusions( an exercise I am really good at) and drank water.

Linda Lee
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Linda, just know thia happens to many of us. The ravenous hunger seeming comes out of nowhere.
Best is too keep eating only LDL. Usually it is gone next day.
It is good that you documented it, so that in case it happens again you can get an idea of what's going on.
But if you don't figure it out, just eat only LDL and let your body readjust to this new way of eating.
Linda

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Linda Lee, you handled it very well.  Eating the beans will take care of those cravings for bad starchy carbs.  The fruit will take care of the cravings for bad sugary sweet carbs.  It takes time.  I can tell you, at this point I don't get cravings anymore -- as long as I make sure to eat fruit and beans.