Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by LINDA RN »

Monday morning weigh in and don't know if daughter even has any scales. I feel ike I am back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight. Still some water retention. Do you suppose that being nearly on top of the world, I might weigh even less?LOL
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Another Monday!
I was happy to get on the scales to find I had lost all but 1lb I had gained with Thanksgiving!
On the road again! Or should I say back on the train to Skinny Town!
Weight Monday (and today) is 168!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I haven't been losing, but I have a strong feeling it is because I'm gaining muscle, so this is a good thing.  I'm looking fit and I'm receiving compliments from others about losing weight, glowing, not looking my age, etc.  So, I am not going to complain about a number on a scale.  Right?  I am all about being healthy and making wise choices.

We are having another cold spell here, which I'm sure is happening around the country.  We've been in the 80s recently, so it is nice to cool off some.  We had lots of rain yesterday, which tends to bring cool weather with it.  I'm going to make a big pot of chili for lunch.  I made a small one yesterday and my husband loved it, so we will have a repeat today.  He doesn't go for beans, so it was with my grass fed ground beef.  I just browned it and added chopped onion and bell pepper and some crushed garlic.  Then I added cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne with a little cilantro.  Oh, and for tomato I put in a jar of salsa.  I've been reading that canned tomatoes aren't good to use because of the lining of the cans -- so I've gone to using bottled salsa instead.  I didn't follow a recipe, but then checked what I had done against a recipe and all was good.    :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great December so far!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Crick,
        I don't care for taste of tomatoes in the can. So I always can my own in the summer. I must say though if I run out of tomatoes before new crop comes in I will use a good brand hoping the flavour is good. There isn't any tomatoes in jars. Except mine. LOL
                                                Judie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Time to get serious again.
Confession time....I gained 6lbs over the Holidays :-w
So guess I am restarting this week at 174lbs (same as what I weighed Monday but just did not have time to post!)
Back to work.....want to drop another 10lbs in the next few months.
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

You can do it, Linda! Holidays are such a challenge for us all!!!
Pam