Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tres

Re: Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by tres »

Linda Lee, great job 6 pounds!  I know what you mean about losing 6 people in weight loss over the years.  That made me laugh.  I think every time we lose that amount that would equal a person, we gain another voice in our heads that tells us we can't do this.  We'll have to starve those voices by feeding our bodies good food.

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Wonderful job Linda Lee, great attitude too!
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Good Jobs everyone!!!!!  I lost 1 pound.......but was not ldl pure......some stressors took over,  kicked 'em out!!!!  jj
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Weight= 350lbs............that's UP 10 lbs from last week..........100% LDL...............I have GOT to get a new scale!

On the other hand...........My clothing is looser!.......and WW says I look better!....So there you go!
Last edited by joecaracappa on October 1st, 2012, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Fantastic comments from imahoot and tres -- keep telling those bad inner voices that you are going to starve them by eating all the good LDL foods until you can't eat another bite.  I also tried many fad diets over the years and not one of them took off the weight and inches like LDL and kept it off. I have gained almost 10 pounds since I was at goal weight in 2010 and I am looking forward to once again take the LDL challenge to get back to my fighting weight.  You all keep up the good work  *hug*
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

OK, I'm down 1 1/2 lbs.  -- was down lower earlier in the week, but I think not walking the past 3 days did something.  I was true to LDL and enjoyed every bite I ate!!  :thumbsup:  Happy with the loss and know I can't continue to be successful. 

Joe, I know that gain had to be discouraging, but I don't think it is a genuine reflection of what really happened in your body.  It just might be the scale, or your body trying to hold on to some fluids for some reason.  Next week it might resolve itself -- or you might have a new scale!!  ;D  If you are feeling it and others are noticing it, then you are losing!!  I think those scales can be liars sometimes.  *evil*  Evil scale!!

VickiLynn -- welcome.  I can relate to your experience.  The great truth is, even though we gained a little back, pre LDL I'd have gained all back and then some!!  I just gained a little back.  This is doable and we will get back to our fighting  weights!!  :D

Ollie and Linda Lee, those are great totals.  Happy for you both!!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

crickadoodle wrote:Joe, I know that gain had to be discouraging, but I don't think it is a genuine reflection of what really happened in your body. 

I know it i'snt. The scale at my doctors office weighs me 30 lbs heavier than my home unit. I will be back in his office in a couple of weeks so we will see what happens then.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Way to go, folks!!!  Joe, you must have done something, since your clothes are loser.  :thumbsup:  JF
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Joyful Friend wrote:Way to go, folks!!!  Joe, you must have done something, since your clothes are loser.   :thumbsup:  JF

Food poisoning, works every time............. :sick:
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

I think I know someone with stomach flu if you want me to send them your way :rolleyes:
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Great JOB everyone. Speaking of flu, we just got our flu shots Sunday. One year I got the flu so bad I thought I was dying...Got the shot and never got the flu since. That was about 10 years ago.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Joe, I wrote loser instead of looser. Come to think of it, it is sort of a funny play on words.  :laughing:  You're funny!  JF
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

:) Hi everybody, I lost 2.5lbs. Very happy for that. And I am very close to my goal. But I know I have found a way to keep it off when I am there. Lots of exercising and love it. All this is about is feeling good. And thank you God I do. Thank you all for being there.
Have a really wonderful and blessed LDL [i]day.   Linda (Boots) Weller                           
tres

Post by tres »

Reading about how great you all are doing makes me feel a little guilty.  I'm back on after a crazy weekend though.  Joe, I would be so discouraged and you have this great attitude.  I suspect you will be back and reporting a great loss next time!  Crickadoodle, I would love to be where you are and just taking off a few pounds.  I guess that means I need to do what you did and stick with it and get moving. 

Tres
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Tres, nice to see your face...Great picture.
tres

Post by tres »

Thanks, Wither.  My 14 year old just asked why I used such an awful pic!  He didn't come with a filter I'm afraid.

Tres
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

tres - great pic! Congrats to all of you that lost weight!! So happy for you.  I did not lose weight.  Come tres it is our turn this week - let's just try for 1 pound.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, Jen & Tres, I'm with you.
Actually had a gain of 1.8 lbs.  :shock:
Well I avctually ate more last week after recovering a viral bug that reduced my intake week before.
Will either have to commit to exercise or eat less.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Good morning,
I can't believe I have so much done this morning. Couldn't"t sleep as the grain elevator is running the corn dryers full tilt and they are really noisy this morning. So here I am with a load of laundry done, all the mail is sorted and organized,dishes done up and now I am waiting for the stores to open so I can journey in and do my shopping. :shock: It is all good.
I have been rereading some posts and see a common thread among them. We all want to lose weight for various reasons, and all have their little tweaks that we allow ourselves in this eating style. Some are all organic, so are vegan, others are sticklers for being and doing exactly what the book says and still others have been with this program for awhile and are willing to give all of us advice and encouragement.
We are all on a journey. Different personalities, different shapes, but yet one common thread. We all have one common goal. We want to do what's best for our body, health and our well being.
And... we can all attain it!
Yes, life throws us curves, our emotions run-a-muck and we get down on ourselves for not losing weight fast enough, slow enough, or we plateau and are sure it is all our fault.
Take a look at what we are doing! We have and are taking positive steps to a healthy lifestyle that can  only be interpreted as a positive step. So no matter what, we are winners . We are doing SOMETHING. Yay for us!  Blow your horn, Sound the trumpet! WE MY FRIENDS are HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIOIN.
Have a blessed day and keep on a keepin on.

Linda Lee
tres

Post by tres »

Linda Lee I love that!  Even though I had a rough weekend with guests here I would never on any other diet been able to start back up with my bowl of fruit yesterday.  Now, I realize that if we're not careful climbing on and off that wagon will cause us to not lose weight.  Just the fact that I can start back up and not feel hungry or like I'm neglecting my body is BIG!

Tres