Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by witheraway1 »

Great Pep talk Linda Lee....Sounds like all is well with you at Beaver Crossing,Nice to get it all done then relax.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Great post Linda Lee, loved it! I have been on this program since New Years Day 2010, there is no better way to eat! There is not a day that goes by that I don't feel great. Once I lost my extra 25 pounds I found it very easy to maintain my weight as well.
Keep going, one day at a time!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Linda Lee, that is a lot of wisdom.  I think that these boards help us so much to express our feelings about things and help us get our heads on straight by seeing the truth about food and our connection to it. 

JF -- I know just what you mean about loser and looser.  Those words are tricky.  When people post they loose weight instead of lose weight, I always smile, because YES, we are loosing it too.  Loose it and let it go away -- be free of that weight and be loosed from it.  :D  I am free from that weight and am no longer bound to it.  We are all winners at being losers -- aren't we?  :thumbsup:  So, I am going to continue to lose weight, but I'm going to loose it too.

Linda RN -- that weight is clinging to you -- but things will shift and you are going to see the results.  Just getting over a bug makes it a different circumstance.  Your body probably needed the extra nutrition.  Glad you are feeling better, though.

I'm a bit sore today.  I did go walking last night with my friend in the neighborhood.  I also wore heels more than normal on Sunday and then again for a memorial service on Monday.  I think that is why I'm sore.  Anyway, I got my morning walk in this morning too.  So, I'm trying to get normal with it again. 

I'm loving eating the LDL way and trying to remember to share this way of eating with others.  It is such a blessing to me.  Everyone, have a great day!!
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I guess I'm one of the those that go by a different drum beat--I hate to weigh myself so I found a pair of snug shorts that fit great in the bottom, but have the dreaded muffin top at the waist.  My goal is to get rid of the muffin top asap, but I will not weigh myself, I will only try them and when the muffin top is gone, another 1/2 inch will be gone.  And then I have another pair of shorts waiting on the shelf.

Things have been going well and LDL has been great, the inches have come off and never returned--of course getting rid of loose fitting clothes asap helps a lot when I hate to shop and repurchasing the same size clothes just doesn't cut it.

RB Kayaking
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

No loss...no gain...did not stick to LDL

Need prayers and lots of them please, can't explain now...

Blessings
Jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

What a difference a day makes....this am I am back to starting weight of 171.8.
I was surprised.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Will keep you in prayer, Jo.

Great news, Linda!  Who knows, tomorrow you might register a loss!!  :D

Today I'm making more Niki's favorite bean soup!!  It's my favorite too -- and my mom loves it too, so I love making a big pot.  Today, I have lots to do in the morning, Mom's Day Out kids and my Ladies Bible Study that I go to.  So, I started the bean soup on the stove and now I'm going to leave it in the crock pot for the rest of the morning and finish it this afternoon.  I didn't add the veggies or the tomatoes, since it wouldn't have fit in the crock pot, but I'll add everything and simmer a while this afternoon.  Love that soup!!
tres

Post by tres »

Jo, praying for you and whatever you might be going through.  Linda, yay a positive result...that scale is either the enemy or  a great friend!  RB Kayaking, I think it was you that posted a few years ago about the sizes of clothes you were in at that time.  Every time you would go down a size you posted.....that's inspiring for us that want to be there!  I think it was you?  Here's to hoping I'm down a size by Christmas!  That's an easy goal, but I'd be happy with that.

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

:'( :shock: :'(

Well, You heard it hear first. Linda Lee CANNOT eat popcorn, and lose weight! I even went downstairs and dug the airpopper out of storage. *grrr*
Well, it is good to know early on so I can make the adjustment.
Computer was on the fritz yesterday. Was having a difficult time of resisting eating out of frustration. So ate popcorn. Didn't gain, but didn't feel that great this morning. So, more bean. Which doesn't bother me as I really like beans.
It seems you can always have alternatives with this program. I love it.
I will be off line all weekend as I am going way out to the western part of the state to do a couple of open houses for the houses I have listed out there. But, I will be taking my red book. These boards have been so encouraging for me. I will miss them for the next five days or so.
I am finding that even though this is a great eating program, old habits die hard. I never follow a recipe exactly but in the past have done a LOT of tasting to make sure that things are seasoned just right. Well, all those little tastes add up. I catch myself with spoon in midair alot! Some things I don't have recipes for so... the guys will just have to wait until I figure one out. All failures in my lose weight quest are because of that FIRST taste. And then the second and so on.
Everyone have a blesses weekend and remember this is a journey, not a sprint.

Linda Lee
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda Lee, A lot of us cannot eat pop corn and lose weight... :sad: Yes, it's good to find it out early.  I love pop corn, but stay away from it. You are doing great by the way.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

iamahoot wrote:Good morning,
Couldn't"t sleep as the grain elevator is running the corn dryers full tilt and they are really noisy this morning.
Linda Lee

Linda! This is definitely at the top of my list of reasons why some people can't sleep!

Here in Los Angeles others include:    Gun fire.
                                                  The screams of the victims.
                                                  Neighbors arguing in a yet to be determined foreign language.
                                                  My neighbor keeps a rooster
                                                  LAPD going code 3
                                                  LAFD going code 3
                                                  Misc. explosions
                                                  and the recently deleted : A double sonic boom from a space shuttle.
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Yes, Wither is right that you aren't alone, Linda Lee.  I'm one too.  I love popcorn, but only eat it occasionally -- and not when trying to lose.  I'm experiencing good results and intend to keep on this path.  Clothes are fitting better and the scale is continuing to go down!!  :D  Got my morning walk in today and plan to cook a roast for lunch -- grass fed beef.  It is really pretty and lean looking.  I have a busy weekend, so I might not check in this weekend either.  See you for weigh in on Monday!!  I hope we are all winning losers!!
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Eating organic seems way too expensive for me.  And I'm sure I'm not alone.  I hate to be a downer on this WOE but geez..unless you have your own farm and garden..Walmart just doesn't cut it.  What family can afford $100 a month and eat healthy? That is pretty much my food amount.  Uhhh..I think not too many.  I have been off the boards for almost a year and to me its because I cannot afford to eat the way God meant us to eat.  So..I'm thinking I am destined to be fat because eating means eating all the wrong things.  I would love anyone out there to be realistic and help us who basically can't afford to eat healthy.  Of course exercise is healthy..but puhleeze...after working 8 hrs in a hot kitchen..who wants to go for a walk or a bike ride..or even more scary..a zumba class.  I love all the LDL Ideas and recipes...but they are unrealistic in the real world for any length of time.  Forgive me for speaking my piece because LDL is a healthy and smart way to be healthy and lose weight. I just wish I could follow it completely.

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

lrainbow2006 wrote:Eating organic seems way too expensive for me.   And I'm sure I'm not alone.

I do not eat organic (well, once in a while). Nor do I always eat fresh. I do eat a lot of salads and often the ingredients come out of cans. Sometimes lunch is a can of beans and a can of corn (makes a complete protein).

Unless something has changed, I do not recall "organic" foods being a must-do in this program.

Hang in there

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Well said, Joe.  A couple years ago, Julie published meals that cost less than $5 and feed her large family.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I never eat organic, too expensive.....You don't have to eat it to eat healthy. But food in gereral is so costly now one has to watch their pennies for sure. Do what you can Lisa,  *hug*
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I do not eat only organic either.  I wish I could afford to.  I eat it when I can find it for reasonable prices.  Sam's has very reasonable lettuce, carrots and raspberries that I've been getting.  Otherwise, I just get available produce.  After my pastor commented this Sunday about how about 6% of US incomes go to food as compared to Kenyan incomes -- 44%, I figured I can buy better quality food for my family.  I have found a source of grass fed beef that is reasonable at a nearby community's meat market, so that is why I posted about cooking the roast for lunch -- which was delicious, by the way.

Beans are not expensive at all.  You can do this program and not let it break the bank.  Personally, we save money eating this way, because I cook at home and we don't eat out as often as we used to.  I hope you find answers.  I remember the posts from Julie about cooking for $5.00 -- and she has a big family. 
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Yesterday when I was picking up a few groceries, the lady ahead of me had a plastic bag with 1 apple in it.
It was quite a large apple, and when the cashier rang it through the price was $2.15,
I could hardly believe it. This was not an organic apple, and the supermarket is a discount store.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, the way it was explained to me, compare that apple to a (with these prices) large 2.00 candy bar or bag of chips.
The apple is supplying necessary nutrients and not setting off the cravings for more candy and chips.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Some people might choose the candy :stop:, but I would choose the apple every time!