Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Re: Seriously LDL --- The Time is Now!!

Post by joecaracappa »

crickadoodle wrote:Sounds great, Joe!!  You have to be losing and I wish you lived closer to me and I'd give you my old scale that still works fine.  I have a newer one with more features.

Actually, I think it's better this way. I won't have the temption to weigh myself everyday and if the news is disappointing, I can always say "What the heck, it's a broken scale"!
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

:laughing:  You are right there!  Obviously, if you need a new belt, that says a lot.  :D
tres

Post by tres »

Wow!  I've been gone a few days and look at all the progress being made!  I'm so happy for all of you.

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

crickadoodle wrote: :laughing:  You are right there!  Obviously, if you need a new belt, that says a lot.   :D

I could always get suspenders and turn my trousers into clown pants!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Pam, 82 lbs gone....That is amazing, I would say you have made it to goal! Yeah for you!  :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Yay, Pam! That smile in your new pictures says it all! Congratulations!

Enjoy the new you.
Terri  *hug*
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks so much Wither and Terri.  I'm determined to get that half pound off and then celebrate (but not with food!!!!!  At least not with non- LDL food  :inlove:)
Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I'm realizing I didn't post today.  I have a cold!!  :thumbdown:  I expected a gain, because I am drinking some lemon and honey tea -- no gain, but no loss.  I see that as a victory. 

Very excited about the new meat I got last week at the meat market I was telling you about.  I bought some ribeyes that are so lean and tender.  It comes from double muscle beef (grass fed).  We had ate them for lunch yesterday -- my husband barbecued them.    I enjoy my visits to the meat market and always experience new things when I go.  So many people from other cultures go to the meat market to buy things I'd never buy -- or just do things differently.  I always have a learning experience when I go.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pam, you deserve to celebrate.  :) Crick, hope your cold is better soon. I'm glad you are getting good meat. We have several good meat markets in our area who try to please. That's the way our meat is, because we know what we butcher.  We need no meat tenderizer.  *hug* :thumbsup: JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, I was bad last week, eating off plan a couple days. Gained I think 5 or 6 lbs but worked diligently and by Monday morning, only up 1 lb.
But yesterday and today had 2 people pas by and remark, Wow, Linda, you are still loosing."
That made my day. Feels as good as when the weight was falling off 2 years ago.
I'm on a roll to getting down to a normal BMI. Still have a couple more lbs to go before I can officially say I am no longer obese, but now just overweight!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Monday check-in: Scale still reads 340 lbs................my pants are falling down but it reads 340! I'm sure the scale does not read properly so I am not concerned.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I love it, Joe!!  You are definitely losing the weight.  I wonder if I'd weigh 340 lbs. on your scale???  :laughing:  Like having a clock that always reads the same time.  Well, at least twice a day the clock is right, but your scale is never right!!  :D

Well, I still have the cough from my cold, but I'm much better.  I did register a gain of 0.4 lb. on my scale, so that shouldn't be hard to get rid of.  I'm still sucking on lozenges, though.  I kept eating pretty good throughout, but I didn't get exercise.  I'm going to possibly go walk with my friend this afternoon, if she gets home from work early enough.  It'll be darker now, with the time change.

Today, I went back to the Mom's Day Out program and the kids had missed me so much and gave me so many precious hugs and compliments.  If I wasn't feeling better before, that definitely made me feel better!  On Wednesday they are going to sing some songs and recite some scripture verses for their parents -- so that is going to be fun.  Then they'll have a little meal together -- kind of early Thanksgiving.  I feel so blessed to get to go spend a little time with those kids 2 times a week.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Yesterday I got on the scale to take a peek and it read 330. Finally, I thought! Today its 340!

When I used to hit the gym on a daily basis, the owner once told me to ignore the scale and look in the mirror. That's how you measure progress!

Well the shape of my face is changing, the puffiness in my fingers is disappearing and the bulge of tummy fat is getting smaller.

My blood pressure is under control, I'm sleeping, going up stairs is not an issue, energy is up and aches and pains are minimal..........so there you go!
tres

Post by tres »

That's right Joe, onward and downward? Of course, your scale won't say that!  I think I've been a victim of a lying scale for many years.  The thing is if that scale lies to you enough you start to believe it and people like me then actually do gain.  Evil scale! *evil*

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Hello, I've been talking with Crickadoodle and I'm fixing to start doing LDL again.  It's been 3 years since I've done it and honestly I wasn't too successful last time because in the 6 months that I was on it I was taking care of a MIL and mother who both passed away and I had a mini stroke.  Not the best of times and couldn't wrap my head around it.  But things are great now and I agree "the time is Now".  I look forward to getting to know all of you.  Some of you have already been quick successful and that's wonderful!!!  Congratulations!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi! Welcome back!

I think I remember seeing you around now and then, and I am really glad your life has cleared up enough to do some things especially for yourself now.

Wow, what a bucketload to deal with all at once. I know a bit how you feel, having taken care of my mother and father in their final illnesses about a year apart, and with the murder of a good friend and being responsible to settle her estate right smack in the middle of that year. And a few nasty jolts since then. But God never promised us that this life would be easy. He only promises to hold us in His hand through everything, and He gave us minds and bodies that can heal, and we find the strength to move on and find joy again. I'm very glad you're at that place now.

Best of luck as you dive into Let's Do Lunch with all your might! You'll find it to be a huge blessing.

Take care,
Terri
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Yayyyy, Tonya is back!!!  :thumbsup:  Can't wait to see you soon. 

Thank God for new beginnings and for 2nd chances -- and times of healing from those hard times.  *hug*  I know I've experienced God's presence holding me through those hard times too, like Terri said.  I wouldn't still be standing, if He hadn't been with me.
iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

Welcome back! I have read a few of your posts from the past. When I am desperate and need to get some instant "you can do this", I go back to older posts when things were a bit more active. So, that being said, glad you are at that place where things have evened out for you. Lets "git er dun".

Linda Lee/ iamahoot
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back, Tonya!  The time IS now to love yourself enough to regain your health! 
Pam
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Thanks y'all, I'm glad to be back!  In the 3 years I lost my LDL book but I downloaded it to the Kindle.  I must say though there is nothing like a hard-paged book.  So I'm still flipping through the pages and trying to read it all.  I just need to jump right in and DO IT!!!  I always tend to think too much and try to get things too perfect.  Everyone of you are correct, if it wouldn't have been for God and my husband I'm not sure how I would of managed and I do thank God for 2nd chances!!!  Y'all have a fantastic LDL day!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]