Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
TMinerva

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by TMinerva »

Hello everyone.  I saw Roger Troy on NBC in Michigan and decide to order the book just to find out what it is about.  I received the book two days ago and begin to read it.  so far it seems like something Ican do. I intend to start the ldl program asap.  It is going to be a challeng for me getting started as I am a rice eater. I am from Africa and I grew up eating rice at least twice a day. I will need all the help and encouragement I can get for the first few weeks.
niki

Post by niki »

hi tm......all the support you could possibly need is HERE.....here you'll find various works in progress at different stages.....AND a number of completed works...
  we all thought there were foods we couldn't live without...but,eating this way proved us wrong...when you omit sugar and unhealthy carbs,you lose all the cravings and start to crave the let's do lunch foods that are good for you...........i wish you success.....sincerely,niki
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Hello TMinerva,

Welcome to the LDL family !!

I too was apprehensive in the beginning. One reason, I started so many diets and failed. The other, I was born into an Italian family and grew up eating pasta and bread 3 to 4 times a week. But I can honestly say, since I began (on July 13) I have no cravings for pasta or breads.

With the Lord’s, Roger Troy and the rest of the LDL members guiding you, you will succeed.

Here are some advice to all the newbies: (A) make you read Roger's book over and over, especially during the first few weeks/month. In each reading, you will find you will grasp concepts you have missed.  (B) Make sure you eat as often as you can and as much as you want of allowable foods, UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED).  (C) Stay away from the scale. This isn't a good barometer to measure if you are or aren’t succeeding. (D)Give it time. Give it at least 2 months before deciding if it is or isn’t working for you. (E) Finally, post any question you have. Don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask. And if you are, please feel free to email me (or someone else) personally. Remember: We’re all here to help each other.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi, TMinerva! Since squashes and pumpkin (fresh or canned) are allowed on LDL, have some of those ready to eat so you can deal with any cravings you might have for bread, potatoes, or rice. And beans do a great job dealing with those starch issues, too! Have plenty of them around, canned, dry, or cooked and ready to go. Get some bean soups made to get you through the next few days and you'll be good to go. In a pinch, I just rinse and drain canned beans and plop them ontop of my salads without doing anything to them. Love 'em! Wishing you luck! :) ...NYKath
GreekGal

Post by GreekGal »

Hi my husband and I started "let's do lunch" about 3 weeks ago.....I really enjoy the program, but we are not seeing any significant weight loss.  Maybe a pound or two.  I feel like I'm doing something wrong.  Is this normal??
niki

Post by niki »

hey greekgal...are you all greek?...you'll be the second one on the boards....i'm the first.....welcome aboard.....you'll love this....just think that you can eat all the lentil soup and fasoulada you want....if you check the boards,you'll see my mostly greek recipes...not really mine...mostly my mother's........if you want to personal message me or if you want to post on the boards what you're eating,we could make sure there isn't anything that you shouldn't be eating....
  you have to make sure you are eating until you're really full...keep snacks around to make sure you're never hungry.........with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are gone....the beans and fruit maintain that and keep you full and satiated........
  i've lost all the weight i want to lose(pretty much)....i have an underactive thyroid and i STILL lost weight....it took me longer...BUT i didn't care......i will eat this way for the rest of my life..AND i was a major junk food addict...................i wish you success......niki
carolmarie

Post by carolmarie »

Hi, LDL Team,
I'm Bill, but registered with a fem name because I use the computer and my wife doesn't, but she is the one starting the LDL way of eating.  We just got the book, and are very optimistic that she will meet her weight goal.  We just finished making the bean soup and it is way too good to be diet food.
Best regards, Bill
Tori

Post by Tori »

Welcome Bill!

I very much look forward to getting to know you and your wife. Good luck on your journey, and know that we are all here rooting for you!  (:

Tori
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome Bill and I presume Carol. If you have any questions be sure to ask or scroll through all the older postings (I'm still finding answers to questions I didn't even think about yet as I'm just starting week 4!) You'll find all of us on the boards to be one humongous mostly Happy family (what family is totally happy all the time? Like most "born" families, we have our occasional differences of opinion, but we all have 2 things in common...our Love of God and our desire to help one another out!)
So Welcome again and Good luck!
Veronica
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Welcome Bill and Carol,

The Lord has guided you here, and we are grateful you have joined our family.  As sister Veronica said, don’t hestiate to ask questions. We’re all here to help. And as you can see, Roger Troy takes a personal interest in each and every family member.

Belive me when I tell you not to be too concerned over the amount of weight lost. You’ll quickly find you’ll losing weight, and you won’t be starving. Just keep remembering this isn't one of those miracle instantaneous weight loss programs. Those types of programs always fail. This is a way of life. “Slow and steady wins the race”.

One advice I have is to make sure you read Roger's book over and over, especially during the first few weeks/month. In each reading you will find you will grasp concepts you have missed.  Plus, give it time. Give it a least a month before deciding if it is or isn’t working for you. You’ll see it will.

Glad to see our family keep on growing !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
awicklif

Post by awicklif »

I just saw Mr. Wilson interviewed on local television (Kansas City).  My daughter and I have been on the LA Weight Loss program and doing well for two months.  However, I am interested in the idea that you don't have to limit your fruits and in other healthy foods because it makes better sense to me than what I have heard before.  Is the book available in bookstores or only on-line?
lisalisalisa

Post by lisalisalisa »

Hi my name is Lisa and I am from the KC area.  I need to lose 45 lbs. Are there any stores in my area that carries the book, if there are any more KansasCity people. God bless you.
Tori

Post by Tori »

Welcome to LDL! So glad to have you here! (:

I'm not sure about stores in KC, but you can order the book directly from the website if you need to. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Batzion

Post by Batzion »

Hi,  I am new here.   I just saw Roger's interview on Channel 2 Early Morning Show here in St. Louis.  SO this is NOT a diet!!  That is good to know.  However I just read some of the posts that say something about "Allowable" foods.  That sounds like a diet to me. Also someone said do not allow yourself to get hungry. That doesn't make sense to me either.  How do you know you are full if you don't start out hungry?  

I have 82 pounds to lose.  I lost 40 pounds (in 8 months) already just eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am full (satisfied, not stuffed).  And I ate ANYTHING I was in the mood for.  You know God gave us a Hunger and Full responce for a reason, and they both should be used.  I am planning on buying Roger's book soon and check it out.  
Shalom in Your Home,
Batzion

Wherever I stand I stand with Israel !!
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Welcome Lisa and Batzion.  We are glad you found LDL.  I guess Batzion most people call this a diet until they start eating so much food then it changes to a new way of eating.  The allowable foods such as fruit to break our sugar addiction, and beans, peas , and corn to break our starch addictions along with lean meats can be eaten in large amounts as they arent fattening .  I lost weight quickly and effortlessly while eating more amounts of food in the beginning, then my stomach shrank and I ate less.  I have watched many family members shrink along the way.  I wish you both the best of luck!
ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome, Batzion! Yes there are allowable foods on LDL because it's a food plan where all the "garbage" is being cut out of your intake whether it be pizza, fried foods, breads and rolls, sweets and desserts, etc. You make like those things, and we know they do taste good, but you don't need them to live, and to live healthfully, especially.....And, truly, eating only when hungry and stopping when full is what we all need to do. That's the key to any kind of plan and good health! But for some of us, it takes quite a long time to kick that mindless grazing habit, years even. Some of us even feel that that part of us that tells us when we're full and satisfied is "broken," even. Might be just emotional baggage going on or it might be physical. It's all part of the learning and living process. We may learn late in life to listen to what our body is telling us, but at least we are finally listening, and getting results, too! ........Glad you've found the secret to your easy weight loss and we'll wish you continued success on this plan. Shalom to you, too....:) NYKath
numberoneloser1

Post by numberoneloser1 »

Hello, I saw your spot on a news program in the St Louis area.  It interested me very much as my sister is on a similar program in Kentucky.  I am 58 yeas old and am suffering from acid reflux as a result of my weight.  I only have a problem with it when I let my weight get up over 200 lbs.  We have a lot of times we eat at our Church gatherings and I would love to take something that would not put on the pounds.  I love to walk once I can get myself out of the house.  I walk the 1 and 1/4 mile around the park in 25 minutes with no problems.  I am interested in your recipes because I will only be satisfied if I eat something that I like.  I DO eat when I am not hungry!  I am a good cook and love my own cooking.  I can be busy and not thinking about food and go to through the kitchen and want something when I get into the kitchen.  I am not hungry, I just want something.  Thanks for any help you can offer.