Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
nyKath

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by nyKath »

Hi and Welcome No.1! If you go to the General Discussion section, Questions and Answers, Dramatic Results, please read Imkay's post on the top of page 4 outlining the program as posted by Tom  while ago. Read that to get a basic idea of what's followed here and go through all the recipes to see all the many wonderful things allowed on LDL and all the yucky stuff that you are to try and avoid with all your being! But...you'll still have to purchase the book if you want all the real nitty gritty details about how the plan is worked. We're just the support crew here to help you in any way we can. Good luck to you! :) .....NYKath
batgurl

Post by batgurl »

Hi, I am new and wanted to know if you have to buy the book online or can you purchase it at a bookstore?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

You can get it at a book store, however may have to wait longer as once again the books were sold out before they were even finished printing. IF you decide to order it from here, Roger Troy will personally autograph the book for you. (And you will be among the first to get it once the next printing is finished as I Think he sends them out to message board orders first then the different book stores. BUT I'm not positive about that.) I know my mother ordered the book from here about 1 month ago and received hers last week. I personally received mine today!!
Good luck, God Speed and welcome to the family
Veronica
muckincrazy

Post by muckincrazy »

Hello everyone!
  My Mom told me about this guy she saw on the news talking about his weight loss. She was very impressed by what he had to say. I logged on to my local news station to check out the story for myself. That's why I'm here. I'm about 50+ lbs over weight and feel every bit of it. I say 50+ because I haven't been on my scale in a while. I got discouraged after regaining the same 15 lbs I lost, "again" :-[. And at my age, it seems harder to lose than ever before. I haven't purchased the book yet. Can I purchase it at a local book store or only online? I don't have a problem with online purchases. I thought it might be faster, if possible, to purchase it locally.
  P.S. My user name is part of my e-mail. I drive a 4-wheel drive truck; you know "mud and muck". I hope it doesn't affend anybody.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome muckincrazy;

If you are discouraged about weightloss/gains then this is definitely the site for you. I wasn't even trying anymore. Then  "Let's Do Lunch"tm (LDL) was recommended to me. You'll learn how to substitute healthier foods for the ones you been choosing so that you can break the cycle of feeding your cravings. Look for the messages here from folks who have already lost all their excess weight and have succeeded in keeping it off for years. You can do this!
Yes you can buy your book in your area if they aren't sold out. BUT you'll probably get a previous version and not the most recent printing that has some corrections made to it. Your choice. Order from Roger Troy and be certain or get it quicker and start sooner, penciling in the corrections as you find them...

May God bless you and yours;
NJ
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hi Batgurl -

You CAN find it occasionally in the bookstore.  I've seen it in Barnes & Noble, and others have seen it in Christian Book Stores.  You can also get it via Amazon.com, though I'm not sure that it would be any faster ordering it from them than it would buying it from this website.

Welcome!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oops, Roger I meant to mention that!!  Thank you for chiming in and saying that.

The old book is good, but I've heard that the new book is fantastic!!  Eventually I'll get around to ordering it.  My life is crazy right now - barely have time to get my bills paid!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Julietress
New, but learning

Post by Julietress »

HI,
My name is Julie , I have been battleing 20-30 lbs over the last 30 years. I started having babies at 17 , I am now 45 with 3 adult children and a grandchild. I am a salon owner and it seems I struggle with the same 30 lbs over and over. I have done weight watchers, twice, lost 25 lbs each time and had many tragedies in my life , which resulted in me putting weight back on. I was hospitalized in May after haveing lost 24 lbs in 2 weeks with a virus of some sort, they thought i had ulcerative colitis, pancreatitus and an extended gallbladder. I was given a low dose of prednisone to recover, which was a bit of a slow recovery, but I feel I am almost back to normal, however I have put all the weight back on plus 6 lbs.
what is wrong with my body?? I hope that let's so lunch will help my body back to the road to recovery.
I can do all things thorugh Christ , which strengtheneth me.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Hello Julie,

Welcome to the LDL family my fellow Battle of the Bulge comrade. Many of us have walked the same path as you have, and we’ve have experienced the same results. Now that the Lord has guided you to LDL, be prepared to walk down the road of satisfaction and fulfillment.

what is wrong with my body?? – My feeling is nothing. I believe the reason we fail on other diets is because of the restrictions on the amount and/or the specific (mandatory)  food one can eat,  One of the reasons for LDL success is you are allowed to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of allowable foods. Plus, the Lord has lead you here for a reason. How can you fail when you have God guiding you?

Plus you will have the best support group you can imagine. Beside Roger Troy taking a personal interest in each and every member, the LDL family will also help you whenever called upon. Their experiences and insights are immeasurable.

I also see we are kin in our philosophy (Philippians 4:13). What more can be said, except please know you will succeed !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Welcome to the "family" Julie and "Muckincrazy"

This is definitely the place to be and the eating plan for your life!  It is much easier then WeightWatchers (and I'm not putting it down, I also lost weight on it, but gained back). The problem for me with WW was figuring out how to point things, or which items were core.  Rogers plan gives me ALLOWABLE foods and foods to AVOID.  I eat till I"m full and I have found new recipes here on the board, plus in the book that are very yummy.  I am short (under 5') and am trying to lose 30#.  I have been on LDL for just over 2 months and last time I weighed I had lost 10# so far.  Some lose quicker, some of us slower.  But I am happy to be down 10 instead of UP ANOTHER 10 ;D   Scroll thru the message boards.  Under general discussions (I believe) one of our family members put the list of allowable foods so you can get started until you receive your book.  And never be afraid to ask questions or to just join in on some fun chit chat with your brothers and sisters here.  Glad you're here.  Suzie
HarryLips

Post by HarryLips »

Hi everyone!!! My name is Al, I'm from Detroit, Michigan.  I just picked up the book yesterday and I am about half way through it.  I am planning to start hardcore as soon as I finish reading and get familiar with the diet and can get to the market to get some healthy food.  I have plenty of weight to loose and look forward to hearing from all of you and sharing in your success stories.
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Welcome to the family Al!  You will find us all very friendly and willing to share your success.  I have found it to be the easiest EATING plan I have ever tried. You definitely do not feel like you're on a diet, rather that you have found a new way to eat and stay healthy.  Some of those on board are losing rapidly, others of us are losing at a slower rate (myself included there).  But I am so happy to see the #'s going lower rather then higher still.  Hope we'll see you here on the message boards with your questions, your suggestions, or just plain chit chat sharing!!  We have lots of fun and share each others joys, pains, etc.  Suzie
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Muckincrazy, please excuse my boorish behavior by not welcoming you to the family earlier !! Welcome Al !!

What I said earlier to Julie, is the same for youse (and anyone who joins LDL). The Lord has guided you here, and it’s for all the right reasons. You’ll be loosing weight in no time; you’ll have no hunger, and you’ll be interacting with the best folks around !!
Tom

muckincrazy

Post by muckincrazy »

Thanks everyone for being so nice. You guys know how to make a person feel welcomed. Hopefully, I will get to know your names along with your personalities soon. I will order my book from Roger right after I get this sent. While I'm doing that, could someone tell me where I could get a list of foods that was mentioned.
muckincrazy

Post by muckincrazy »

Thanks Tom. Could I bother you for a minute? I can't find the link to by my book. Can you help?
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I will try ..which book are you trying to buy, Rogers? .. If so, try the Main page

http://www.letsdolunch.com/

or the ordering site

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Tom

niki

Post by niki »

hi..let me take a minute to welcone you to our boards....i would say that the easiest thing to do would be to go back online and put "let's do lunch roger troy wilson"into the search engine and get back to the website...then you can follow directions from there......
  this is a wonderful way of eating that has changed my life......if you want details on the program,go on the question and answer boards and look for tom's post entitled "someone help a sista out" on page 4 and you'll get all the basics of the program......
  i was such a junkfood addict that while i waited for the book i detoxed myself of all the sugar and junk and that worked well for me...now it's been 9 months and it's wild the way the things i thought i couldn't live without,mean nothing to me...........God bless you as you work toward a self imprvement that will last a lifetime.....sincerely,niki 
muckincrazy

Post by muckincrazy »

Yes, thank you. I was trying and did order Rodger's book.