Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by niki »

hi grannytea....just imagine that you can eat all you want of certain things and feel full and NOT deprived and STILL lose weight....it never ceases to amaze me.....just make sure to eat until full and keep snacks handy so that you're never hungry.....once you give up the sugar and unhealthy carbs,the cravings are gone...and when you're on this for a long time(for me,almost a year...read my story on the success boards "my success story in progress")you can't stand the sight of the ugly sugars and unhealthy carbs..........
  welcome to our boards......i wish you success....niki 
lfw143

Post by lfw143 »

I was in the library today, looking for books to take with me on vacation and saw LDL on the shelf.  I have struggled with my weight my entire life.  Several years ago, I got down to 143 - my smallest size ever.  For the most part, I have kept it off, but right now, I have climbed to 156 and have really had a hard time getting rid of it.  Life is busy, life is stressful, and I have not been able to do what has worked in the past.  The thing, I have found I am craving the most right now is support.  I need the support of others to help me in this quest, to help me stop this roller coaster and stay within 3-5 lbs of my goal - 143.  I also think as much as I need the help of others, I need to help others.  When I took the book home, I had not idea this website and these message boards were associated with it.  I read the book this evening and am very intrigued.  I am certainly going to give it a shot.  I also hope to get active on these boards.  Perhaps the divine intervention Roger found has found me - in a slightly different way.
I have an open mind, an open heart and am ready to lose the weight I want to lose, and keep it off this time.
Thanks to whomever out there read this post...
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome one and all of our newcomers!!! You will find this to be the easiest way ever to lose all your body needs. Just remember one important thing...you didn't put the weight on overnight and it won't come off that way either necessarily. A 20lb weight loss for someone who is 200 lbs is really the same as a 40 lb loss for a 400 lb person! (both are 10% of their body weight!) Many here lose a lot quickly then hit a plateau (I'm there now I think!) and some just lose a little very very very slowly  (thinking they'll never get there). You will lose in the way that GOD intends for YOU!

Please keep joining in the discussions (Silly or serious) and let us know how you're doing! Ask any and all ?? because someone has the answer or will find it!

IFW143-----God finds us each when he knows we're ready to listen to what he wants! Sometimes a seed gets planted but will take a long time to germinate and grow! Other's it seems like it will never even get planted. The important thing is you're here and we're here to help

Veronica
Princess of the bean!!

EAT LOTS OF BEANS/PEAS/CORN/FRUIT to rid yourself of cravings!!
verdo2

Post by verdo2 »

Hi,
just started the diet 3 days ago. i am so confused! when are you supposed to eat all the peas, corn and beans--only at lunch ? then fruit for breakfast and fruit for dinnner.one protein meal a day??I can do just fruit for breakfast because i never want any more than that, i hate breakfast but lunch do you eat as much bean soup as you want. arent beans protein then how can you eat them for dinner.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Hello Robin (drmccarty), Dan (dmkg), John  (BBG – and I can relate to that); Grannytea; Lfw143; Verdo2, and anyone else I either missed or who just peruses the site. Welcome to LDL.

Since it’s the holiday season. The Lord, and the rest of the LDL family, would like to give you these “holiday” gifts which you will constantly use: the gift of life; the gift of acceptance; the gift of family (which we all are here), and the gift of love.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions. We are all here to help.

My advice to all the newbies is to make sure you re-re-re-re-read the book – especially your first few weeks. You will pick-up concepts you’ve missed before.

Verdo2, to answer your question:

You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb recipes and/or the sweetest fresh fruits anytime of the day –. Whenever you feel hungry - EAT.

Yes beans have protein. So if you eat beans all day, you will be eating protein – which is great. If you combine beans with corn, then you get a complete protein.

What Roger Troy suggests is to have your meat protein meal at lunch. However you can change it to dinner – but try to eat the large amount of meat protein only once a day.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

verdo2;

Hi! Glad you're here!
Tom is right. It is the lean-meat type protein that you cut down to just once a day. Other, lighter, types of protein can be eaten anytime.

And if you aren't into fruit that much, don't push yourself to eat them. I came here with serious sugar problems. For the past 45 years I have eaten sugar straight out of the sugar bowl. Several tablespoons at a time. It was hard for me to let go of my sugar addiction. BUT by eating a lot of fruit I have been able to leave that behind.  Someone else, may have more of a problem with fats or with bread. They would eat more of whatever meets THOSE cravings.

If you don't want fruit in the morning, eat beans. Or popcorn. Eat whatever LDL-friendly food you are hungry for. Same goes for supper.

At lunch I like to make a salad using Romaine lettuce with half a can of beans (drained and rinsed off) poured on top. I throw some corn on too. Then I grill my meat on my "George Foreman Grill"tm and throw it on the salad and munch away. Supper might be a bowl of peas or beets or another salad...

Keep asking questions;
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on December 20th, 2006, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

hi verdo2....just as tom said,in the beginning,you should eat ALL the allowable foods whenever you want until the cravings are gone.......you can eat beans ANYTIME and i strongly encourage you to do so.....you can eat beans for lunch and dinner..i make homemade bean soups sauteeing the vegetables in olive oil and eat ALL I WANT....once you cut out the sugars and unhealthy carbs,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are gone...eating beans and fruit maintains those stable blood sugars keeping you full and satisfied...
  i don't usually eat fruit more than once a day in the morning.....you can eat salad and/or bean soup at dinnertime........the main thing is to eliminate the sugars and unhealthy carbs(grains/nuts/seeds and root vegetables like potatoes)...also to only eat meat/chicken or fish once a day.....preferably at lunchtime....but it could be at dinner too.....this program of eating is for a LIFETIME,so you have to suit it to your lifestyle and what you like......
 ask all the questions you can think of....if you check the boards,you might find the answers to questions you haven't thought of yet........you have in your hand what you need to lose ALL the weight you want to lose and to set yourself up with healthier eating habits to last a lifetime...............i wish you success............niki      
niki

Post by niki »

lfw143 wrote:I was in the library today, looking for books to take with me on vacation and saw LDL on the shelf.  I have struggled with my weight my entire life.  Several years ago, I got down to 143 - my smallest size ever.  For the most part, I have kept it off, but right now, I have climbed to 156 and have really had a hard time getting rid of it.  Life is busy, life is stressful, and I have not been able to do what has worked in the past.  The thing, I have found I am craving the most right now is support.  I need the support of others to help me in this quest, to help me stop this roller coaster and stay within 3-5 lbs of my goal - 143.  I also think as much as I need the help of others, I need to help others.  When I took the book home, I had not idea this website and these message boards were associated with it.  I read the book this evening and am very intrigued.  I am certainly going to give it a shot.  I also hope to get active on these boards.  Perhaps the divine intervention Roger found has found me - in a slightly different way.
I have an open mind, an open heart and am ready to lose the weight I want to lose, and keep it off this time.
Thanks to whomever out there read this post...

hi ifw143..................how fortunate for you that your library stocks roger's book.....i didn't see this post yesterday....i'm very happy to have you here on the boards....i hope you remain active even after you lose the weight you want to lose........this is a wonderful way of eating that has changed my life and i know it will do the same for ANYONE who follows it......when you eliminate sugar and the unhealthy carbs from your diet,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are gone.....beans and fruit maintain those stable blood sugars and keep you feeling full and satisfied.......
  welcome to our boards...........sincerely,niki
niki

Post by niki »

hi mimi...welome.....you have the potential here to lose as much weight as you've ever wanted to lose.......AND it just keeps getting better......the soup recipes alone keep you from EVER getting bored...before let's do lunch,i would say i gained close to 5 pounds by the time the holidays were over...AND was really down on myself for having no willpower.....and you LOST a few pounds and are preparing to go full steam ahead on let's do lunch....i have been so blessed by this program of eating AND there's a blessing here for you too........CLAIM IT...........in Him,niki   
Last edited by niki on December 22nd, 2006, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supermomghj@tampab

Post by supermomghj@tampab »

:)
Hello. I am a newcomer to these boards but not to the program. I have been on LDL for months now and have lost about 25 lbs. I enjoy the plan and have done so well eliminating all my cravings, mostly because I get to eat popcorn at night!!! I have a need for crunch!! lol
I have not utilized the assistance these boards can give me and now that I'm running into a holiday slump where I have sipped with foods not normally in my home, I am turning to you all in hopes that you can re motivate me and jumpstart my progress.

I think i slowed down in losing because I have not exercised. I know, you will say it's an excuse but I homeschool my 3 children and I work part time teaching voice and drama at our Christian performing arts school, and my life is full. I can't seem to find something I will stick to for long that I like to do.

I'm going to start the exercise thought because I think more than mentally, I'm at a physical block too where I need to shock my body into weight loss mode again.

What do you all think?
Bless you Roger, for this book. It is awesome.
Relying on Him,
Lisa in Florida
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Welcome the Let's Do Lunch family Lisa in Florida. Thanks for sharing your wonderful progress with us. Also thanks for reaching out. Know we're always here to help.

Don't dwell too much on your slip. There is no shame. We've all stumbled and fall. It's what you do when you fall that's important.

As long as you stand up; brush away the obstacle that cause the fall and continue down the road - then you'll be OK.

Please know that the Lord is always there for you. Also know I am here for you too. If you want to email me off line, I will be willing to share my personal contact info with you. So when you have trouble times, know you'll have someone to turn to. Remember, we're all in this together.

Also know the Lord is always there to help you stay strong in troubled time!!

I found this Roy Lessin writing that may be helpful

When you were born, God said "YES," yes to all you are and to all that you can be

by His grace, His mercy and His love.

He loved you at that very moment without condition or reservation.

There is nothing you can do to earn that love, and nothing you fail to do will lessen that love.

The coming year is a new opportunity for you to discover more of the height, the breadth, the length and the depth of that incredible love.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

tcasola wrote:When you were born, God said "YES," yes to all you are and to all that you can be

by His grace, His mercy and His love.

He loved you at that very moment without condition or reservation.

There is nothing you can do to earn that love, and nothing you fail to do will lessen that love.

The coming year is a new opportunity for you to discover more of the height, the breadth, the length and the depth of that incredible love.

that's beautiful,tom...thank you..............niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Lisa..you could also just be in a plateau! You've lost a considerable amount of weight! Your body may need to adjust to this before you'll see weight loss again! Many people on the boards have lost all their weight without exercise. Yes, Exercise helps. It helps to tone, it helps burn extra calories, but not 100% needed to lose the weight. Please come back to the boards often as we have lots of support, fun and serious conversations!

Welcome! Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

supermomghj@tampab wrote:I think i slowed down in losing because I have not exercised. I know, you will say it's an excuse but I homeschool my 3 children and I work part time teaching voice and drama at our Christian performing arts school, and my life is full. I can't seem to find something I will stick to for long that I like to do.
I'm going to start the exercise thought because I think more than mentally, I'm at a physical block too where I need to shock my body into weight loss mode again.

i don't think i read this yesterday,lisa.......i think a 25 pound loss is GREATTT!!!!!!
  in the first month or so,most people show a nice loss and that's because of the fact that the sugar and the unhealthy carbs make you retain more fluid...so,right off the bat,you lose fluid...how much you lose initially depends on how much fluid you retained to begin with ....even i who have an underactive thyroid lost 10 pounds in the first 5 weeks...then i proceeded to not lose ANYTHING for almost a couple of months....your body doesn't want to give up the fat......BUT,this is such a great way to eat,i didn't care if i didn't lose....REALLY.............you just have to be patient and realize that this is not the diet version of a get rich quick sheme........it takes time..
  i worked for many years as an aerobic instructor.... honestly,the list is long for the benefits of exercise....but it doesn't really make you lose weight.....and in my gym days,i almost lived at the gym....i weight trained,i took other people's classes,recumbant bike,stairmaster......look at it this way,professional athletes that work out all the time?....they don't eat whatever they please..they're meticulous about what they eat.......(unless)IF you work out and you have a good metabolism to begin with,you CAN eat whatever you want...i knew someone like that...she was very thin and told me she ate anything she pleased....my father ate a loaf of italian bread with his dinner when i was a kid...he's ALWAYS been thin(too bad i DIDN'T take after THAT side of the family...his mother used to eat me under the table when i was a teenager)it's your metabolism that makes the difference......BUT,i thank God for let's do lunch......i have the weapon i need to fight the fat........
  so sit tight........exercise is GREAT for LOADS of reasons....but it's let's do lunch that will lose the fat and conform you into the person you've always wanted to be....just give your body time to release it...it doesn't understand that you're not starving in the desert......sincerely,niki
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Hi! I'm a newcomer...my dear husband (dh) and I have been eating the LDL way for about a month now and I'm just now getting to the boards.  Things are going well....we each have lost about 10 lbs and dh's reflux problems have completely gone away AND over Christmas it wasn't that tough at all.  We have also seen a marked change in our two youngest boy's behavior with limiting their sugar intake.

My biggest challenge is that I cook for a family of nine (dh, me, our six children...ranging in age from 2 months to 13 years, and my 84yo grandmother).  I would like tips on low cost recipes and bulk cooking.  We are trying to find a co-op for produce because keeping fruit in the fridge is a challenge, but what do I replace staples like "Cream of Wheat" and brown rice with large scale? We homeschool and my dh comes home for lunch most days (1 day/week we do lunch out....just me and him...usually at On the Border or Chilis:-)  Beans and popcorn are great!  My kids are in pretty good shape and specifically Grandmother and my oldest son don't need to lose weight....should I serve them different things or push certain things with them?

We have a wonderful grocery store that carries health food store type items 5 min. away....I shop there exclusively because they carry good inexpensive store brands too.  I think I can get most anything anyone could recommend there but cost and ease of cooking/availability is what I'm finding hard

Thanks for any help!

Trusting Jesus,
Julie (BradyBunchMom....only no Alice:-)

ps The book was recommended on a yahoo group that I'm a part of.....people who use the curriculum we do...SOW (Student o the Word).

pss Isn't soy suppose to be bad...especially for growing girls?
mikesbiz

Post by mikesbiz »

Hello, My name is Mike and I signed on a couple of days ago after I saw Roger Troy on a Christian talk show called "Babbie's House".  I was just flipping Chanel's when I heard him say something about being 425 lbs and what I saw on the screen was a healthy nice look guy, who exuded health.  I was impressed by everything he said and so I went immediately to his website and purchased the book "Let's Do Lunch".  I haven't received it yet but am anxious to get into it to learn how I can loose and become healthy again.  I have fought this for over 40 years now and have reached the end of my rope.  I have painted myself into a corner because my body has broken down to where I can't do the things I used to do for exercise.  My knees need to be replaced, my back hurts constantly, and I have no energy.  I get winded walking across the room.  It it not good!  I truly believe that this is a God send because the night before I saw Roger Troy, I prayed and asked God to show me the way to get rid of all my excess weight.  The next morning I saw this on TV while drinking my morning coffee.  God bless you Roger and to all you who are here helping people find their way, back to health, happiness, and wholeness.  God bless you all.
Mike
God Bless You
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome Julie and Mike!

Julie - There are at least two people on these boards that have large families, and I think that they would probably be better than anyone about answering your questions.  It sounds like you are well on your way to a healthier life.  I thought it was very neat how you and your hubby go out for lunch once a week!!

Mike - Your health WILL improve!!  Go to the Medical Success Story Posts and read through them.  You will see how many people have had almost identical problems (if I'm not mistaken, I think Tom had very bad knee problems - Tom, was that you??).  In any case, you can even start before your book arrives.  Scroll back a few pages right on this post and you will see that GradmaSuz has posted a topic that Tom wrote a few months ago.  That will get you started and then when your book arrives you can read, read, and re-read the section where Roger goes through the entire plan.

Good luck to both of you.  Post often with us - both serious and silly!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
mikesbiz

Post by mikesbiz »

Hello, My name is Mike and I signed on a couple of days ago after I saw Roger Troy on a Christian talk show called "Babbie's House".  I was just flipping Chanel's when I heard him say something about being 425 lbs and what I saw on the screen was a healthy nice look guy, who exuded health.  I was impressed by everything he said and so I went immediately to his website and purchased the book "Let's Do Lunch".  I haven't received it yet but am anxious to get into it to learn how I can loose and become healthy again.  I have fought this for over 40 years now and have reached the end of my rope.  I have painted myself into a corner because my body has broken down to where I can't do the things I used to do for exercise.  My knees need to be replaced, my back hurts constantly, and I have no energy.  I get winded walking across the room.  It it not good!  I truly believe that this is a God send because the night before I saw Roger Troy, I prayed and asked God to show me the way to get rid of all my excess weight.  The next morning I saw this on TV while drinking my morning coffee.  God bless you Roger and to all you who are here helping people find their way, back to health, happiness, and wholeness.  God bless you all.
Mike
God Bless You
niki

Post by niki »

hi julie and mike...welcome to our boards...you have BOTH come to the right place...i REALLY believe that let's do lunch is the only way to lose weight AND keep it off.....i know that i had given up even trying to lose weight when i happened upon the book online...i have been so blessed by this wonderful program of eating...and i truly believe that there is a blessing here for anyone who reaches out for it...   
  mike,i was looking for tom's post "helping a sista" and couldn't find it...it'll give you a great understanding of let's do lunch....what i did while i was waiting for my book was i cut the sugar and all the junk food out...this would be a great beginning for you..
  julie,i'll bet you've already come up with a lot of ideas on your own....and as soon as ang who also has a big family sees this,she'll be able to give you some input..i know that ang makes a lot of bean soups....you can make chilli that's ldl allowable and for the people that don't do let's do lunch,you can cook some brown rice on the side...you can make chicken cacciatore and make pasta for those not on let's do lunch...you can make stew that's ldl allowable and make potatoes or noodles on the side for those not on let's do lunch....one night you can cook a lot of allowable things and the next night,they can eat leftovers and you can cook regular food for those not on let's do lunch....there are a lot of ways that you can cook chicken and fish that EVERYONE can eat...it's a great way of eating...i've been eating this way for almost a year and i LOVE it....i NEVER get tired of eating this way...i make ALL kinds of bean soups....
  this has really changed my life.....i was a major junk food addict and i feel that if i could do this ANYONE can.......
  those without hope?.......here is your answer......in my opinion,this is the way God intended us to eat all along.........eat and enjoy.....THAT'S what let's do lunch is all about...................sincerely,niki