Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tcasola
Administrator

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by tcasola »

Merry Christmas Julie (Brady Bunch Mom) and Mike. Welcome to the LDL family (Julie, if you thought 9 was a lot – you now have inherited a newer brood). Please

Mike – I too was in the same boat back in July. I was turning 43, and I was way over 400 pounds - with a 60+ inch waist. I’ve tried numerous of diets, only to fail. My back and knees are killing me. I first thought it was the years of past sports activity catching up. Then I thought it was hereditary (arthritis runs in my family, in fact my grandfather was one of the first people to have knee replacement surgery). Then the doctor laid it out for me. She stated it was my excessive weight. I needed two hands on the banisters to walk up 13 steps (and huffing and puffing when I got to the top). Sleeping was always disrupted. I knew I was coming close to an early grave.

Well, I’m been on LDL for 5 months, and never felt better. I have lost weight. I have dropped 4 pants sizes. The back and knee pain are gone. I can now climb stairs pain free.

In fact, many of my other limb aliments have vanished (for the longest time I was waking up with pain in my biceps. I could figure out why. Recently it dawned on me. When I sleep, I put my arm under my pillow. I guess my head was getting too heavy).

Another plus - I sleep better. I don't wake up 6 and 7 times a night.

However I will warn you, this plan allows you to gain – You will GAIN ENERGY, you will GAIN CONFIDENCE, and you will GAIN THE BEST FOLKS IN THE WORLD.

Here is a link that you may find helpful.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=1864.0

Bless you all !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
nada
New, but learning

Post by nada »

Hello to everyone

I am Nada and consider myself very lucky to have come across this great book.  For more than 30 years I have been reading diet books in different languages (4 different languages) to barely keep an average weight not without suffering, deprivation and malnutrition, hence not quite healthy.  This is the first book ever that made since.   Thank you.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Nada!

Yes, it does make sense - I wish you success with LDL - it's very easy to follow.  Visit the boards often and jump right in, you will find tremendous support here.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
grannytea

Post by grannytea »

Happy New Year Everyone! I just wanted to tell everyone that I've only been on the LDL diet not even a week now and have lost 4 pounds! and the best part is I didn't feel like I was dieting, and already  I have started feeling better, my sister-in-law has lost 16 pounds, I don't know how much my brother and niece has lost, but a couple of us are off  to a good start. Thanks to all for your support.
mikesbiz

Post by mikesbiz »

Thanks for the welcome from everyone.  I lost my way and couldn't find this page until this morning. duh!  Anyway, I am looking forward to getting my book and starting LDL.  I have cut out the sugar already and the junk food.  I have also cut out simple carbs for now until I know what I am doing.  I have started eating pinto beans and popcorn, which I really enjoy.  What quantities of popcorn are acceptible and the dryed beans as well.  I am really excited about finally being on a program that will work, and associated with the nice people on this website.  It's easy to win with everyone pulling for you.  Thank you everyone.....Mike
God Bless You
niki

Post by niki »

hi mike..you can eat all the popcorn and beans that you can eat.......check out the different recipes for bean soups......there is so much to enjoy on let's do lunch...i've been on let's do lunch for almost a year and i have never enjoyed eating the way i do now......you want to eat good sized satisfying meals so that you don't snack TOO much...you want to give your blood sugars a chance to stabilize........there is NOTHING like let's do lunch.......enjoy delicious food while you watch yourself shrink............sincerely,niki
azannoth

Post by azannoth »

Hi!  My name is Arleen.  My boyfriend and I just started LDL.  I have lost 3 lbs.  He gave me the book for Christmas.  He officially started today.  We are both looking forward to a healthier way of eating.  :)
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Arlene!

What an awesome gift your boyfriend gave you!  It will turn out to be the best gift you've ever received.  Let's Do Lunch is an AWESOME program, and this website offers unlimited support.  I hope that you (and your boyfriend) will post often - it REALLY helps.

Use the "search" button at the top of every page and you may find answers to any question you have - and if not, ask away!  We are all willing to help.

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome all newcomers! You have just inherited a HUGE family of LDLers.  You will love this new lifestyle. Don't forget that for this plan to work it's magic, you need to eat until full and until satisfied especially in the beginning. One other thing...as you start getting further into this new lifestyle...you may find one thing or another you do or don't do "by the book" and that's OK! As this is a lifestyle change, you'll need to adjust it to your life to make it work for you!
Please come back and ask any and all questions you have and also join in the "Nonsensical" fun we also have on the boards!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

hi arleen...that's great to hear...you guys'll do great doing it together...it's a WONDERFUL way of eating that i never get tired of..it has changed my life.....any questions or concerns?...don't hesitate to voice them....check out the boards..get familiar with them....most of the questions you would ask have been asked before and you can probably get an immediate answer by using the search engine..............
  i wish you both success......eat until full..never let yourselves be hungry and watch yourselves shrink....sincerely,niki
mrzip1

Post by mrzip1 »

Just wanted to stop in  and say HI!  I saw Roger on a Chicago early AM news show last October.  Why I was up - who knows.  But I guess God wanted me to hear Roger's message.  I sent for the book and by the week before Christmas I had lost 23 pounds.  Truly a miracle.  Christmas meals were tough, but I only gained one pound.
What I read about Roger was me - everything!  I have a lot more weight to lose, but feel I have been blessed to have this life changing way of eating.  I feel great - Thank you!!!
I bought two more books for my daughters - they love the smoothies.
niki

Post by niki »

hi mrzip1....that's great that you heard roger speak,got the book and are following the program successfully....that's a great loss and now with the holidays over you can get back to some serious healthy eating...........welcome to our boards........sincerely,niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Mr zip! Welcome to LDL!!! We're sooo glad you came to the boards and have joined our LDL family. That's a good amount of weight loss for only 2 month!  I think it's neat you already bought books for your daughters! That's kinda how I started...my mom told me and now 14 weeks later I'm 31 1/2 pounds lighter! Please join us frequently and keepus posted on your and your daughters successes!!!
Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, mrzip...

That is fantastic that you've done so well - and without even checking out the boards!  Well, now that you've found us, I hope that you'll post often.  You will find an incredible amount of support here, from people that have lost as well as people (most of us) still losing.

Carolyn

serenity05

Post by serenity05 »

Hello my name is cory. I just finished the LDL book. I found this when researching for a finals paper. I do believe that God, Creator, Higher Power directed me to this book. There are no coincidences in life it seems:) I am not very big but I know my health has been declining because of my bad eating habbits. I hope to turn that all around!

Thank you all for sharing this gift! I'll keep coming back:) 
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Welcome to the Lets Do Lunch family!  You'll find all here willing to help in any way we can and also willing to share some laughs (just read thru previous posts to see we all seem to have a crazy sense of humor too). 

God's blessings for the new year and your new lifestyle on Lets Do Lunch.

Grammasuz (Suzie)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Cory...welcome to the family. You don't have to be heavy, big & Tall etc to benefit from eating in a healthier manner. Just think of it this way...You may be preventing yourself from having a problem in the future!
snoopy_lupe

Post by snoopy_lupe »

Hi my name is Lupe. Veronica told me about this plan and has given me a rundown of the basics. My 14 yr old and I plan to start this officially next week. My doc and I have discussed stomach surgery and hope that this will be the answer instead. I plan to get the book from the library as being a single mom of 2 I don't ever have extra $ on hand.
Lupe