Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

recipe cards please?

Post by chelebellehawaii »

how do i get my  hands on a set of recipe cards? or cook book besides the blue book? i cant seem to access them.....thank you!- love, chele ;D
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Forever Young »

Chele,
  If you will go to the message board and scroll down the menu, you will find the recipes all divided into categories...breakfast, soup, main dishes, side dishes, etc.  You will have to print them out yourself.  So far there is NOT a cookbook due to extreme cost.  I don't think the recipe cards are available either.  There are a limited number of recipes in Roger's book.  Many more recipes have been posted on line due to more people on the boards and more ideas that have been perfected.
    When we first started and I had no book and no recipes, we just simply replaced the potatoes/noodles/rice with BEANS and had no bread, rolls, etc.  We found that it worked as far as helping with the cravings.
    Hope this helps.  If not, ask again and I am sure someone else with more computer expertise will help you out.  Alot of times I can do it, but can't always explain it to someone.
Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

Post by chelebellehawaii »

thank you so much! god bless your day.....................love, chele
azannoth

Post by azannoth »

Hi Everyone!

I am happy to report after 2-1/2 months on LDL I have lost 18 lbs and my  boyfriend Jon has lost 20 lbs.  We are on the program together.  I was at a plateau for the last two weeks, and found  I needed to do something to get started again.  Some exercise has helped and this morning another lb dropped off.  This is the first diet I have been on (I've tried them all) that I  don't ever feel hungry, but I know I need to eat something.  Thanks, Roger for sharing your success with all of us.

Arleen
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Arlene (and Jon)!

How wonderful for you both!  LDL is truly the most wonderful program that I've ever found, also.  It's super that you are both following it.  I look forward to hearing your progress.  Post when you can - read often.  You will find the most helpful and wonderful people here, just waiting to help.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Arlene, thanks for sharing your and Jon's success.

I am also glad to see that you weren't discouraged when you hit a plateau. This is a common experience for everyone. Sometime we need to "jump start" our weight lost again, and then other times it will occur on it's own.

Keep it up !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

CONGRATULATIONS Arlene & John!  What a beautiful report!  It is definitely easier if BOTH follow LDL.  We are glad you joined LDL and the message boards!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
sb125

Post by sb125 »

Hi my name is Steph,
I just found the book at Borders last night & it peaked my interest that the profits are going to churches, ministries & charities!  What a blessing!
As I read through the ideas & stories it just really sounded wonderful to me.  Right now I am on Weight WAtchers of which I lost about 45lbs on in 2005.  It is a great program in that you can eat what you want, but the point counting gets old fast and if you go over your points allowance, you feel guilty & want to eat more!  I recently decided to go back on the program to lose the extra 10 lbs I have put on over the holidays & such.  I have been working the program, & basically eating good healthy foods like this plan suggests, but I am always looking for a different program that will kick the metabolism into gear & get the pounds moving!  ;D  This program looks like it will be just the thing I'm looking for!! 
After reading the book, I am so excited to try frozen grapes (even though I don't normally like grapes, but reading about how good they are frozen, just makes me want to try them!)  It's wonderful that smoothies are included in the everyday plan, because I am used to smoothies every morning & I LOVE them!!  Now I just have to wean myself of the snack in between meals, my body is just programmed that way!
Anyway, I am already in love with the program & these message boards & I only finished the book this afternoon & got signed up here this morning!
Blessings to all of you!
Steph  :-*
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
seagull647
New, but learning

Post by seagull647 »

HI, I want to say hello to all and I hope you are all have a nice day. Joy
sb125

Newbie here, Hi everyone!

Post by sb125 »

Hi everyone,
my name is Steph.  I have been on the weight loss ups & downs throughout the years along with everyone else!  In 2004, I lost 45 lbs on Weight Watchers & was looking great.  The problem was, I lost the weight but is wasn't by eating anything good, it was all just junk food mostly.  I didn't really get the good food concept engraved in my brain until I gained some of the weight back & went back to it.  I then decided to do their 'core' plan which is a healthy eating plan that WW has.  I completely changed my eating habits, but I kept putting on & taking off this 10 lbs.  Now I am back again to lose the 10lbs on the core plan.  It is a great plan for me, but I'm always looking for something different to try.  Whenever my husband & I go to hang out at a bookstore I look for a different weight loss book I could check out.  The other night I came across your book.  When I opened it & the first page talked about the Lord & how the profits from the book were going to churches, etc. it really intrigued me!  There's nothing like combining your love of the Lord & losing wieght.  After all it is Him that gives us the strength to do it & to do it His way!
I read the book Sunday night & finished the next day.  I never read books that fast.  It all sounds so wonderful & makes so much sense!  I signed up here & I just love everyone's positive responses & friendly welcome!
The book has so many wonderful ideas, & although I don't even really like grapes, I can't wait to buy some & stick them in the freezer!  Sounds like a great snack!  Also, I'm so glad that smoothies can be made on this plan because I LOVE smoothies, & I have gotten used to having them every morning for breakfast!  Now I will just have to wean myself from the in between meal snacks.  I am so used to snacks, my body just seems to be programmed that way!
Lastly I just wanted to say I think it is so cool that Roger actually takes the time to come on these boards & respond to our messages personally!!  Not many other weight loss programs actually have a founder who cares like that!  I'm also just excited that on these boards all the messages will have healthy recipes & people won't be asking about how to make all this junk food stuff!!
I'm glad to be here & am excited to go grocery shopping so I can really get started!
Blessings & success to all!
Steph  ;D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Steph,

You may have snacks on LDL.  Snack on popcorn, veggies...or fruit if you are craving sweets.  You will soon find that you will lose that urge...but...IF NOT, then snack on the LDL allowable foods.  One thing that will/should anyway help is to eat more of the peas, corn, corn on the cob, and beans.  They seem to fill you up longer.

WELCOME to LDL!

Jeanne
seagull647
New, but learning

Post by seagull647 »

Hi.  I really cannot figure out this website.  I am computer literate and it still confuses me.  I tried to access the recipe cards and no luck. Joy
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

seagull647 wrote:Hi.  I really cannot figure out this website.  I am computer literate and it still confuses me.  I tried to access the recipe cards and no luck. Joy

Hi Joy,
On message boards you can look up recipes under the heading  RECIPES.  Roger has also just posted that recipe cards can be ordered-- see info below (copied and pasted his message for you)

We finally have RECIPE CARDS...$15 includes shipping and handling. They are laminated, in full color, large print, won't stain, water resistant, each recipe has its own card and all the recipe cards are on a ring binder so that you can flip each of them.

Please send a check or money order to:

Sunshine Publications, Inc.
23924 Creek Branch Lane
Bonita Springs, FL 34135

Thanks, and God bless,

Roger Troy
Jude

Post by Jude »

marysimmons wrote:A warm welcome to both Tara and Jenny, and any other newcomers who first found out about Let's Do Lunch today.  I am a LONG-TERM success story with this program, and I want to ask you to put aside all your previously conceived knowledge about how to lose weight.  Most other diets are flawed, because you can't spend your whole life depriving yourself of things you love.

At first, Let's Do Lunch seems almost too good to be true.  That's because we've spent our lifetimes being almost brainwashed by false facts.

Please, give this a try.  It's an added bonus if you discover by accident that a lot of us in here are Christians and you are too.  When I first ordered the book, I hadn't a clue that Roger was a Christian, or that many of the other success stories like me were also Christians.  (NOTE TO NON-CHRISTIANS...This program works regardless of your religious beliefs, but I welcome you to e-mail me personally if you want me to tell you how much God wants to have you as a member of his permanent family.  I have a couple of friends who have lost all their extra weight and kept it off, but they're not Christians.  The fellowship helps, but it's not mandetory to your weight loss!)

Jenny, your post that you meant to look this up last week and finally did so today reminds me of my own story with Let's Do Lunch!  Browse through the success stories boards until you find my message entitled "MY LONG-Term success story."  I was so sure I'd made a mistake by ordering the book that I kept it hidden under my bed for a day or two or more!  Once it was evident to everyone who knew me that I was losing weight, I was bold enough to share with them the blessings of Let's Do Lunch.

Just you weight till the same thing happens to you!  It's really EASY, unlike any diet has ever been easy long-term before.

Best wishes,

Mary
sharon

Post by sharon »

Hello. My name is Sharon and I am in the process of reading the book now and want to know if it really is as easy as it sounds? I have tried so many different programs and have gained it all back-plus some. The last plan I was on I lost 79 pounds and althougth I have gained 40 pounds back, I want to stop gaining and start losing again, but still want to be able to fit the program into my life--especially the lunch meal. Any suggestions anyone can offer will be most appreciated.

Thanks
sharon
David

Post by David »

Good afternoon Roger and LDL staff,

My name is David and I currently reside in southern MD (Great Mills). I'm originally from AR and a retired Marine (2001) I've fought the weight battle since my early 20's. Since retiring from active duty and joining the civilian work force, my workout times have suffered tremendously.  My mom saw you on a program about a month ago and called me to tell me about a new "diet" she had just seen.  I looked up the website and needless to say I ordered books for each of us.  I've read thru the book and my wife and I made our first trip to the commissary over the weekend.  Due to previously planned events and trips in the next couple of weeks, we plan to start the end of the month with the 2 week plan to start getting our minds "right".  We've already started changing our eating habits. I'm looking to drop about 75 lbs and my wife needs to drop about 25 to 30. 
We will check back in a few weeks and let you know how things are going.

David
Razorback forever!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome David and Sharon!!!!
1) In answer to your question Sharon...yes this plan is as easy as it sounds...and you will be able to tweak it some to best meet your/your family's lifestyle!

2) David that sounds great that you're already changing your ways of eating! You'll do well on this plan.

Welcome to the family you 3!!
Veronica
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME to LDL and the lunch boards.  Yes, this is truly the most awesome way to eat...and to lose weight...perhaps even more than you originally planned.  (How awesome would that be!)  (Little Mary can tell us about that!)

The best part is...the food is so good and so healthful that we are eating.  This is a lifetime eating PLAN.  You will get to where you WANT to eat the LDL way because you feel so much better physically.

Truly a gift from God...to Roger...to us!  Roger is keeping this as a ministry to those of us who need to lose weight.  (Freely you have received...freely give.)
We do give Thanks to You Lord for this plan!

I guess the only other thing I can say is...TRY IT...You'll LIKE IT!

Again, WELCOME to LDL and the lunch board bunch!

Love,

Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on March 16th, 2007, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharon

Post by sharon »

Thank you for answering my question. I think that I will start the program on Sunday--will give me time to finish reading the book and go shopping for all the fruit. :)

sharon
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Welcome to the newbies!  The main thing I absolutely LOVE about this way of life is....I am never hungry.  On EVERY other "diet" I have ever been on, there usually came a time when I threw caution to the wind and ate everything that wasn't nailed down or running out the door!  I would binge regularly and always ended up hating  myself because I thought there was some weakness in me that would never be overcome.  Then, after years of being (as Roger says) "a professional diet failure", I found LDL. Almost from the very first day, I ate what was allowed and found that it was enough.  As I said, that has been the biggest blessing for me.  That, and the fact that the food is so good.  I am a fruit and veggie gal, so  that wasn't a stretch, but BEANS??  Now I can't imagine life without them.  I think you will find that LDL will fill the bill for your lives and keep you satisfied.  God bless you all.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.