Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Forever Young »

Diane,

WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunchers!  We are so happy you found us.  If weight loss is not what you need, then the feeling much better physically will be what you will find. 

My cholesterol levels dropped from high to within range in a short period of time on LDL.  (You may read my testimonial in the medical success stories.)  I have lost 35 pounds on LDL.  I feel so much better physically that I am not as worn out at the end of the day.  (I also am fighting a low thyroid problem to boot.)  So, I am very pleased with the LDL plan and my results thus far. 

I would like to lose another 40 pounds and I know that if I keep on keeping on...on LDL that I will eventually reach my goal!

Again, WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunch!  Ask any questions you may have.  Read the recipes and try any that might interest you.  You will find some delicious things on here!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
mary simmons

Post by mary simmons »

Here is a message posted by new member bcp1492....Somehow it didn't post on the boards when she first wrote it.  And Brenda, from me and everyone else, welcome to Let's Do Lunch.  You can look forward to a healthier happier future:
I just found out bout this program through The Christian Network program. That is channel 22 here in St Petersburg Fl. I need to lose at least a 100lbs. I am 5 2 and weigh 230 lbs. So far I haven't been ill form all the weight, but my feet and legs are giving out. I heard Mr Wilson say that he had prayed for God to take him home, well that is the feeling and same prayer I have prayed. I don't have any hope left. That is why I decided to check your site out. I can't do this by my self, I need help. I never had a weight problem, until I got older. Then I don't know what happened. I had 5 children, and always went back to my normal weight. Now I am struggling to get this off and it is hard. Thanks! Brenda
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Hi, I am Linda and I just jumped in on the other message boards...with asking questions. I did not really find this until today..sorry!
I am on LDL for a week and have already lost 8 pounds and am loving this program. I love the recipes and also the list of foods for shopping purposes. I am so thankful you all have begun this and have done so much work on adding recipes, etc. for us "newbies".
A big "thank you" to you all there!!!
I am sharing LDL with my coworkers and friends and some have ordered the book. I believe this can change the way some people look at eating healthy and losing weight too. Thank you for all the support you are providing to us as we begin this journey to good health! PTL!!
Linda 
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Hey There Linda
    Welcome to the most wonderful placwe in cyber space you have come to the right place to get advice the people on here will sursly help you alot.The ldl is great you wont believe how much better you will feel and the sky is the limit on eating there has to be something for everyone no measuring no ct pts no meeting it is asume my body craves fruit and beans now it is scarey what this plan does to you try it you will like it its the best so when you need encouragement come here have questions come here keep us posted with your lost welcome again.  GOD BLESS
        CONNIE IN TN
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Linda;

No. You did exactly right. No need to ask before posting here.

NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Brenda;

Let me welcome you here to the LDL message boards. I lived in Tampa from age 14 to 21. I too had no weight trouble growing up. I too had over 100 pounds to lose. Last August (Or was it June?) I weighed 245; I am 5'3".  I'll be 46yo on Wednesday. My joints are tired of all this weight, too. Just like yours.

I must confess that I have not stuck to LDL exclusively for most of the past 11 months so I have not lost as much as I COULD have BUT I HAVE lost 30 pounds so far and I keep eating healthy. Returning to the eating plan whenever I stray. When I weighed last week I was 215#. It's been YEARS since I was that low. (263# was my highest weight ever.)

Keep checking things out here. I think you'll be encouraged by these good folks.

EnJae
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to all of our "Newbies"! Don't fret about jumping in with any questions you may have. We are a pretty easy going bunch. You may occasionally find reference to "Jobs" at  the "RANCH" and if you look back through all the OLD posts you will discover that OUR (most of us here) have a dream that someday somehow there will be a central location that will be dubbed the LDL ranch and we've all started carving out our talents for there. We find that by having fun here we all have become a large in numbers family. I consider these people here to be just as important to me as my natural family.
I too am only about 5'2" have 3 kids and when I started had just over 100# to lose (about 120 to be exact!) In just over 6 months I've lost 1/3 of it! (approx 45 #'s so far but haven't weighed in a while!) You'll find yourself weighing frequently in the beginning but as you discover other ways of Weighing yourself, you'll stop stepping on the scale. (Other ways: clothes looser, mirror, seeing toes for first time in years, people noticing and commenting)
Welcome aboard!!!
Veronica
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Brenda,

WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunchers!  We are so glad you found us!  God sent you to this program so He could bless you with this fantastic program...and us with your presence on the boards!  He does all things well!!!

I am 5' 2" and have three children.  When we first started on LDL I had 75 pounds that I needed to lose.  I have lost 35 of them.  I KNOW that I physically feel so much better that I cannot believe the difference!  On the medical success board you can read my posting regarding my cholesterol/glucose readings.  I know that they are only possible through God and LDL!  Even my doctor was amazed at the results from my tests over the six months that I have been doing this program.  So much so, that he asked me if I thought this was a good program!  Of course I said YES...you have all my numbers in front of you, so what do you think.  He said he had some other patients that needed to lose weight and get their numbers under control too.  At first he was not for LDL as I could NOT get him to listen long enough for me to explain it to him.  But, now he sees what has happened to me and my numbers so he is more interested in find out more about it.

Anyway, once again, WELCOME to ALL you NEWBIES!  We are so glad you were directed to this website.  Enjoy reading the posts.  Enjoy trying any and all recipes posted here.  Please post your questions and successes as we are truly interested in helping each and every one of you to the best of our abilities.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will get to your goal!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
tworogers2

Post by tworogers2 »

Hi.  My name is Carolyn.  I heard Mr. Wilson on my satellite radio yesterday on the Lime--Healthy Living with a Twist program.  I have lost a lot of weight over the past 2-1/2 years using another program--99 pounds--but I have 15 more pounds to lose and I've been really struggling for the past 3 months.  I think I need to make a change to (1) lose the last 15 pounds; and (2) to keep off all of the weight I have lost.  I'm looking forward to "meeting" everyone and giving this way of life a try.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

tworogers2, WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunch!  We are so glad you have joined us!
We have found this to be the best and safest and able to eat the "MOSTTTEST" eating plan around...and still lose weight!  It's great!  It also has many health benefits that everyone may not even realize are happening unless they happen to have problems with them when they start. 

Try us...we hope you like us.  Ask any and all questions you may have.  Post your results to encourage the rest of us.

Again...WELCOME to LDL!!!

Jeanne
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I've been out of the loop for a few weeks, but I, too, would like to welcome everyone.  This is a fantastic program - you're never hungry!!  Dessert twice a day (if you love smoothies like I do!) - what more could you ask??

Give it a good, honest try and you'll see that this is the greatest eating plan ever!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Div

Post by Div »

Another newbie  :) 

I heard about the book last Friday and ran around like a house afire trying to find it.  Just my luck that I haven't found enough spare time this week to read it all the way through, but I intend to do so by this weekend so I can shop and plan accordingly.  Can't wait!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Div!

You will love it, I promise!!

Carolyn

Div

Post by Div »

Thanks Carolyn!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Dear Div,

Yes, Carolyn is right...you will LOVE LDL!  Please read the diet portion of the book at least three (3) times (Per Roger) so that you understand it better.  Sometimes in the first reading you don't comprehend all the info that is contained therein.  It is a different concept than I have ever read and done before thus it is a necessity to read it three times.

Post any and all questions you might have and we will try to help you with answers.

WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunchers!

Jeanne
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to our newbies!! You'll all love this way of eating! Lose weight, don't feel hungry, don't feel deprived, fun, supportive group! Ask any all ???'s you may have and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!
Div

Post by Div »

Thanks so much for the support!  I am definitely re-reading the book and will probably carry it with me for the first month or two.

I started another popular plan on January 1 (the dreaded NY resolution!), lost 12lbs within the first few weeks, then plateaued and never lost another pound.  It wasn't a total loss (no pun intended) - I've managed to keep off 10 of the 12lbs I lost and I've lost most of my cravings...but I know from past experience I cannot do this by myself.

I love fruit, to the point that my coworkers tell me I eat too much of it.  I understand the concept of everything in moderation, but it didn't seem logical that a bunch of grapes was as equally destructive to my "diet" as the chocolate-chip cookies I was trying to avoid.  I know they're trying to help but it's easy to get confused when you're getting inundated with so many schools of thought.  LDL's principles make perfect sense and that simplicity is what makes it so appealing.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

DIV,

Eat all the sweetest, fresh fruit you want on LDL.  You will find out that after a short time you will NOT eat nearly as much as at first.  Your body becomes accustomed to this new plan and is more satisfied with much less food that before you started on LDL.  It is amazing!

No one understood the concept of eating sooooo much fruit when I first started.  But it got me over the craving for sweets.  Now I don't desire as much fruit as at first.  It is really amazing what happens!  When our cravings subside even some, it is so easy to follow the LDL plan.

Ask any questions you may have on the boards.  Keep us posted to your successes.

Jeanne
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi.  My name is Marguerite and I live in Flushing, New York.  I've been battling weight gain since menopause when i decided to stop smoking!  It's been a struggle but thankfully I've kept away from the cancer sticks and now would really love to find something to get these 70 ugly pounds off.  I haven't been on a scale in a couple of months when i started to gain more weight (after losing 50 on weightwatchers)....So i have made some progress on my own, but i figure there's got to be something more reasonable, than always counting ounces .....that was making me obsess even more about my weight....would love to eat like a "normal" person!!  I ordered the book a few days ago --  it hasn't arrived yet but i'll check in to let you know my exact weight when i started reading the book and then from time to time after that.

Thank you and i hope to be able to report progress in the near future!
margo
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Margo - and while you're waiting for your book, you can even begin a modified plan.  Start by trying to cut your junk food.  When you're hungry for something sweet, have fruit - and if "regular" fruit doesn't do it at first, try raisins - they've got a more concentrated sweetness.  You can get a basic idea by just reading the boards.

Welcome, and keep us posted about how you're feeling (you WILL notice after just a short period of time how GOOD you feel!)

Carolyn