Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome Marguerite!! You can start also by going to search and look for the topic Can Someone Help a Sista Out. It was a brief synopsis of the plan placed here by one of our other members! Welcome aboard!
bcp1492

Post by bcp1492 »

Thanks all!! I need help! Do I buy the book or is there a program on this site? I am not sure how to start. Thanks Brenda..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Brenda,

WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunchers & the boards.  You may purchase the book from this website.  It explains the whole eating plan the best.  However, you can read the posts on the site and learn alot of info.

Use the search button and type in "Help out a sista".  It will give you the plan in a nutshell.  If you have further questions, please feel free to ask on the boards and you will certainly get a few responses.

The basic essence of the plan is: NO sugar, grains, nuts, or seeds.  The main focus is on BEANS, Peas, Corn, Corn-on-the cob, and POPCORN for the carbos.  Lean protein at the main meal (Noon is the suggested time if possible.).  Salads and UNLIMITED FRUITS and Veggies.  It is really explained There are lots and lots and lots of recipes on this page to keep you cooking and trying for many, many days. 

Check out the above page.  If you want to ask more questions, please ask away.

Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on May 21st, 2007, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
laurasquires

Post by laurasquires »

Hello my name is Laura and I am new to this program. Tomorrow will be my first day of success and I am totally pumped. I am 25 years old and have struggled with my weight for the past 4 1/2 years after having my two son's who are only 13 months apart. I was mostly on bed rest due to complications and went from a nice 135 lbs. to a very uncomfortable and embarressing 221 lbs. I have struggled with staying away from the kids snacks and finding time to eat healthy meals instead of shoveling sugar loaded crap in my face to keep up my energy. I have had 2 very painful knee surgeries in the past year and they have kept me from being able to exercise this blubber off. I recieved the "Let's Do Lunch" book from my grandparents who have both successfully lost a large amount of weight doing the program. I am very excited and I look foward to any advice. Wish me LUCK! 
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hi Laura;

Welcome to LDL! This is a great program; I have gone from 245 to 215, and still losing. I'm glad you're here.

NJ
rj

Post by rj »

My name is rj.  I've been struggling with weight loss since 1971 when I quit using drugs and began to eat my way to 100 pounds overweight.  I've been using LDL for two weeks and haven't lost weight yet, yo yo about 4-6 pounds every 2 days and feel like I'm going to have diarrhea most of the time.  How's that for a pleasant hello?

rj
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey rj;

I hope you start feeling better soon. May I ask what you are eating? Maybe we can help adjust your eating plan so that your upset gut can recover...

Also, your weight WILL fluctuate. That is normal. Now that you know your beginning weight may I suggest that you put the scales away and not get on them again for at least 4 weeks.

Please know that there are folks here who understand your struggles. I am glad you're here!

NJ
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hello!  I just finished my first full week of LDL and i am so happy that the cravings for those white carbs have almost completely disappeared.  I am even eating smaller portions and i am starting to feel like a normal person!  :D  My husband is also now on the program.  He could already see the pounds i have shed in just one week.  Almost 7 pounds!!  I am very happy and very satisfied.  It's easier to make better food and drink choices once the "pull" of the addiction is broken.  I feel so thankful to God that He led me to LDL and i can't wait to see what happens in the future.

Best wishes to all!
margo
1freddy

Post by 1freddy »

Hi, my name is Paula. I have just read Roger's book. I lost 7 lbs in 3 days but have gained some of it back. I hope to find some answers today.

Thanks
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

welcome to all of the "Newbies". You'll all find LDL to be the best way of losing ever! Ask away at any questions you may have. We all pop in and out of here to support each other. We're all like a big family...we laugh, we love, we cry and we "bicker" at times. Best of all WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!!
Welcome aboard!
Veronica
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME to all you NEWBIES!  We are so glad to have you joining us on Let's Do Lunch and the LDL boards!  You will find that we have a great time on the boards.  We support each other and try to encourage all.

Please ask any and all questions you might have...we will do our best to answer them.  One other thing, if you have the LDL book, please reread the diet portion of it at least three (3) times to be sure you glean all that information that is so different from any other life style eating plan you have ever heard about.  Also...THROW away the scales to the back of the closet, the basement, the garage...anywhere...and ONLY weigh yourself ONCE (1) per month.  If you started weighing on the 3rd of the month...they DO NOT weigh again until the...3rd of the following month.  The scales will fluctuate over the period of a month.  So, the true loss numbers will be for the whole month.

Again, WELCOME to ALL!

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and with the lunch bunchers!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Bekah

Post by Bekah »

Hi,

My name is Rebekah, but everyone calls me Bekah. I am from North Carolina. I have been working out faithfully with a trainer since last october but only managed to loose twenty pounds, I have about a 150 to loose. I can not seem to get any farther along my goal and in the last month was starting to give up once again, becasue I have been having such a hard time with sugar, and constant cravings.  Exercise is great, but will only take you so far if you are not eating right. I can't seem to get control of my diet. I started researching sugar addiction and ordered a few books trying to figure out what to do. I was in a goodwill shop when I came across Let's Do lunch. At first I was like, oh another diet book, and put it back, but for some reason I went back and picked it up. I've been following it for three day's now, and have had no sugar but fruit. For me that seems amazing.  Its really not been that hard. I have to admit, I still have thoughts about if this is really going to last. I've started so many things. But I have high hopes after reading what so many of you have written. Keep me in your prayers  :)
I can do all things thru God who strengthens me.
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Bekah'
    So glad you found us you are going to be amazed at how well you can stay on this plan. If you eat fruit veggies beans lots of beans you will succed.This is the best way of eating eat all you want till full.eat when you want  all you want till you can't eat any more  come to the boards daily it will help you so much it is the bridge to weight lost. There are so many people willing to help you it is un real so let them I HAVE been on the plan since Jan and lost 30 pds and no telling how many inches. I WENT FROM SIZE 16 TO 10 AND STILL LOSING IT IS SOMETHING YOU CAN LIVE ON FOR LIFE THINK ABOUT IT YOU ARE GIVING YOURSELF A LONGER LIFE BY CHOSING THIS PLAN AND WITH YOU EXCERISE PLAN ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION .SO WELCOME COME HERE OFTEN WE;RE HERE FOR YOU ALL THE WAY SO HANG IN THER AND YOU WILL LIKE IT .     

GOD BLESS
                      CONNIE IN TN
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome aboard the LDL lunch wagon Bekah! I have a daughter whose name is Rebecca and we call her Becca! I've been on LDL for 8 months and have lost around 40-45 pounds. The one thing I can tell you from experience is LOSE YOUR SCALE for at least the first month! You won't believe the ups/downs you'll experience in weight fluctuations. This happens not only day by day but during one day as well depending on what you eat, what you drink, if you retain (hold) water or not etc etc etc.
You'll be amazed at how well you'll do with this plan. Please come in here to the boards often and ask any and all questions you have. We're always around to help. You'll find the best way to stick with this plan is with all the love and support you'll find here!
Veronica
Jude

Post by Jude »

Hi Everyone, I am Jude.  Thank God, I have found, all of you! Thank all of you for your fellowship and caring.  Yes ldl is so opposite the world's teaching, (so God), it's hard to fathom, at first that eating fruit and bean starch, is not fattening, so I started three days ago, watching and waiting to see, could this be for real?  My second day I realized, I'm not crazy with craving! Naturally the 3rd day, anytime you give something up,I wanted protein not the bad carbs, well I said to myself, could this be for real? Sure enough, it is real!!  Thank you Roger, for listening and abiding, in God.  Hallelujuah!  I have been up and down, the diets, pills shots, tapes, pregnant women's urine, since I have been ten years old. No amount of self will run riot, got me anywhere, esxcept a life of yo-yo-ing, losing, gaining to take i step forward for a time of weight loss, only to gain more than I had taken off.  No matter how old or young, whether you have to lose twenty or several hundred and twenty, to each person the pain of being overweight is all the same. Now @57years old, I had given up, I was so tired of being tired, I was resigned to a life of morbid obesity. Finding ldl on the internet, was such a blessing,
God sent me to ldl, for he did not give up on me, I feel a hope I had lost on myself, I was  not the answer, to my problems, He my lord and Savior, Jesus, sent me through, his love and spirit to find ldl.  I am grateful, to him and his people. Reading the book I could feel the hope calling me, something, someone, calling me back to the book, time and again, til I had the desire to try once again. I had never felt that way, from any other book, program or teaching.  Thanks, Roger, and all who share the vision.  A new and and grateful member to ldl. God Bless each and everyone, with His Peace.  Jude
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME to LDL, JUDE!  We are so glad you found us.  God does ALL things WELL...AND...IN  HIS TIME...NEVER in ours...but HIS!!!

I, too, like many others on these boards have YO-YO dieted for many years.  I would lose...and then those AWFUL CRAVINGS would cause me to go back to the old habits and then...I had gained ALL that I had lost...PLUS...MANY MORE!  It is something that someone WITHOUT a weight problem DOES NOT understand.  I think WE ourselves DID NOT understand HOW FOOD could control us.  BUT....THOSE>>>AWFUL>>>NASTY>>> DRIVING>>>CRAVINGS>>>that eventually seemed to get the best of us...and we would CAVE!!

NOW we have found LDL...and those nasty cravings get tamer and tamer.  For alot of people they are eliminated.  For some, we sometimes still have to watch and make good substitutions with LDL foods.  The sweets are contained with ALL the FRESH SWEETEST fruits you desire.  (I was certainly amazed myself when I found out that the "SWEET" tooth could be satisfied with FRUIT!)  Others can be tamed/cured with LDL foods too.  You just have to figure out exactly WHAT it is that you are craving.

So, read the recipes.  INDULGE in them!  Eat yourself...SLIM!!!  Doesn't that sound ridiculous?  BUT...LDL WORKS!  My doctor is amazed at the results he has seen in not only weight loss, but in Cholesterol and triglyceride levels, Hemaglobin (Iron), and blood glucose levels.  LDL is AMAZING...BUT...GOD...HIMSELF...is AMAZING.  And since this plan came from GOD...What else could it be..but AMAZING!!!

Again, WELCOME to LDL.  Keep us posted with your success and ask any and all questions you may have.

Love,

Jeanne