Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Forever Young »

Sandie,

Welcome aboard LDL & the lunch bunch!

Yes, by all means check out the book.  What I do is REMEMBER the basic NO-NO's of LDL and try my best to order food cooked the LDL way.  Still, no BREAD, BUNS (or if buns, throw away the top half and scoop out the insides of the lower half as much as possible).  If chicken has been fried, toss the skin and blot as much grease from it as possible.

Ask the cooks to cook your food "YOUR" way if it is a sit-down restaurant.  If it arrives "greasy looking" blot it as best you can.  Do the best you can with what you have to deal with.

We are going on vacation again next month.  I will be doing the same thing...trying to order LDL as best I can.  If we I do my best, it will certainly be more than I was able to do last year.  I have certainly learned alot in a year...and now I have read the book so I understand the plan better.

Glad for the good report.  Keep on keeping on...on LDL!  You will get to your goal!

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
patchesstone

Post by patchesstone »

Hi, 
My name is Cathy. I heard Roger on an interview on WHTC Radio in Holland Michigan. I was very impressed with his interview. I have ordered his book just a couple days ago and I cant wait to get it so I can get started. I need to Loose about 150 pounds. And Get my blood sugars back under control I hope this is the answer I have been looking for.

Cathy
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Cathey,
    Welcome to the best eating plan there is.I HAVE BEEN ON LDL SINCE jAN 2007 .I can't begin to tell you how much better I FEEL, I WAS A SWEET FREEK! I hadn't meet a sweet thing i didn't love the fruit really takes care of that craving JUST READ THE BOOK 3 TIMES as you know it takes that many times to get the pt. You will be amazed at the support you get here every one is so helpful.Eat lots of beans corn if some one told me that i would change my habits i would have not believed them i never touched fruit but now i crave its unreal how your body changes, Yes i cheat some but you can always get back on the plan next meal.The main thing you have to plan what your going to eat its easier to stop by fast food but then your not satified and eat more to check your hunger so thats how the pds inch up on you .come to the boards often for support or ask questions.Good luck on your new journey keep us posted on you success.

GOD BLESS
                          CONNIE IN TN
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
jrob281

Post by jrob281 »

Hello all!  I'm brand-spankin' new to the board.  I bought the book a little over a week ago and have been doing just great.  Until today  :'(  I was extra tired (my little one's had me up a lot over the last two nights) so I bought myself a Diet Cherry Coke.  BIG MISTAKE!  It trigger a major craving for anything chocolate, especially an almond snickers! 

Other than that, it's all good so far!  Lovin' the smoothies in the morning or whole fruit, and protein for lunch is great - I don't get very hungry at all in the evenings.  Is that alright?  I barely eat anything after lunch.

Look forward to meeting and reading and sharing with everyone.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Sounds like LDL is working good for you!  Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will feel so much better physically!  I know that I do. 

Love the LDL program!  Great foods!  Lots of food choices!  Sufficient quantity of food to NOT be hungry!  WOW!!!  And to think that we lose weight as an added bonus!  Thank-you Lord for giving Roger this plan!  Thank-you Roger for listening and being the "guinea pig" on testing new items as well as LDL!  We all love you for it!

Most of all, we love you so much for sharing this plan at such a nominal fee!  Most would have charged an "arm and a leg" as they say, for it.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
nwgranny

Post by nwgranny »

Hello, my name is Kathy and I live in Washington state.  I am a 56 yr. old wife, mother & grandmother.  I saw Roger on a local TV show today called "Northwest Afternoon" filmed in Seattle.  I was so impressed that  I
started searching the internet for more information and found this community.  I am waiting for the book to arrive in the mail but want to get started right away so I will be looking for all the help I can get.  I took an on-line BMI test this morning and the results told me that I need to lose 26 lbs. just to get into a healthy range.  Like many, I have been a yo-yo dieter and tried them all.

I am a two year surviver of stage III breast cancer and trying to eat more healthy to keep well.  I've been  interested in the low GI foods list lately and have become aware of how some foods seem to make me want to eat more...and especially how sugar makes the aches & pains from my arthritis worse.  Just need to follow through and it sounds like this plan has what I need!

Looking forward to success!  Kathy
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Kathy,

First of all, WELCOME to Let's Do Lunch and the lunch bunch!  We are so glad you have found us!  For the jist of LDL do a search on the boards using: "How to help a sista".

The main idea is: NO SUGAR, NO GRAINS, NO NUTS, AND NO SEEDS!  That also means NO POTATOES.  Our main concentration of all you can eat is: BEANS, PEAS, CORN, POPCORN, and Corn-on-the-cob!  We only have protein once a day (preferrably at noon, but night works too.) at least until you get accustomed to the plan.  (If you need to fry in Olive Oil an egg to add to your breakfast, feel free to do so.)  Eat all the fresh fruits you want.  Eat FROZEN GRAPES...they are "freebies" too.

What you will find out is that after you begin feeding your body the LDL foods, you will find that you are NOT eating near the quantity of foods that you did when you originally started the plan.  DO NOT GET ON THE SCALES but ONCE A MONTH!  In a few days/weeks you will find that your clothes are getting larger.  That is when you know that something is happening to you.

This is the best plan that I have ever found.  I was looking through an old plan that I had at the house and I see where they want you to "LIMIT" your intake of food.  With LDL and the LDL allowable foods, you do not have to limit your foods.  Like I said before, when your body becomes accustomed to LDL, you will not eat near the quantity of food as before.

I have a post under medical success stories called, Cholesterol, triglycerides lowered.  I cannot remember it's exact name but you will find it when you go to the medical success postings.

My Mom is not committed to LDL, but she has reduced GREATLY her intake of potatoes and she said her arthritis is not nearly as bad.  She eats more LDL style than she really wants to admit.  I think secretly she is doing it but doesn't want me to know she has joined us on the program.

Once again, WELCOME Kathy, and all of the other Newbies to LDL.  Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will find yourself losing ALL the weight you want to lose.  You will never be hungry on this plan.  There are alot of recipes on the boards.  Feel free to print them off and use them.  I put mine in a three ring binder so I don't always have to "fight" to get on line to retrieve it.  I have the printed copy at my disposal to figure a grocery list.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them.  Some of us will do our best to answer them.  If we cannot, then I know that Roger will do it for you.

Love,

Jeanne
CJ

Post by CJ »

Kathy,

CONGRATULATIONS on being a cancer surviver! Also, welcome to LDL. We are so happy to have you join us. I think you'll like what you learn on the boards.

God Bless,

Carla
zNekita

Post by zNekita »

Roger,

Sandie goes to my church and is in the support group I started a few months ago. We meet once a month. Depending on the month and the day of that month we have about 7 people. I think if everyone showed up at one time we would have about 15. It's going well and I try to have printed information for them at every meeting. They actually met last Monday night, but I started a new job that day and had to work until 8:00 pm so I missed it. However, one of the other ladies took overfor me and they still met.

Sue B

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Welcome aboard, Sandie. Please see the newly revised book for some good ideas re eating at fast food places.

Please tell us more about your "church women doing this diet". How did this get started in your church? How many women? Do you have meetings, and if so how often? (Please keep us posted as to their progress as well.)

God bless,

Roger Troy
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me
                   Wish You Were Here - Mark Harris
EvainHamilton

Post by EvainHamilton »

Hello, I just started about two weeks ago. There are a few of us at our church. I am doing pretty good so far. Once in a while I have a craving for something sweet, but I am hanging in there. I know that I do feel a lot better. As I told my friends, 'I don't know if I look thinner to everyone(I have been told I do) but,, I feel thinner.  I don't want to weigh myself too much, I like to see big results, so I was told to measure. Oh, why can't bocca burgers be consumed?

Eva 
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Eva;

Welcome to our "little" group! Glad you're here.
Check the ingredients listed on a package of Bocca Burgers.  You may list the ingredients here if you still have questions.

NJ
I used to have a "chosen-sister" named Eva (pleasant memories)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome aboard all the newbies! I think the reason for no BOCCA burgers has to do with all the Non LDL ingredients (added fat, sugar, wheat etc)
Good luck to you all!!!
sammygirl
New, but learning

Hi!! I'm sammygirl

Post by sammygirl »

I'm sammygirl and my husband and I started last week on LDL.  My hubby lost almost 9lbs and I lost 5.  We are both in the ministry, we co-pastor a church in Maryland.  I went to a nutritionist and the things she told me pretty much lined right up with Rogers book, so my hubby and I started LDL the very next week and we were very surprised at how much we could eat and still lose weight. 
I am thankful to the Lord for giving us direction in this.  Also thank you Roger for writing LDL, you are appreciated.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Welcome Sammygirl and husband. You will be very happy with your new way of eating. 
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

EvainHamilton wrote:  Oh, why can't bocca burgers be consumed?

Eva   

Have you tried the burgers in the recipe section of the book?  We just love them!  Sometimes I just mix up the ground turkey and ground sirloin and add an egg and a couple of crushed Ry-Vita crackers.  Check out the recipes on line too.

Jeanne