Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
DlovesLunch

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by DlovesLunch »

Looking for books to check out from the library, I ran across "Lets Do Lunch".
I have a constant weight battle and have tried many many diets. The title of the book caught my attention, so I checked it out. This is the first diet that I've been on that I have experienced no hunger from day one !  It makes perfect nutritional sense and best of all I am losing weight and I have had a noticeable sense of well-being and more energy !  I am so thankful for LDL.
I am 61 years old and want to lose at least 50 pounds. I have no doubt I will reach my goal with the LDL way of eating.
niki

Post by niki »

that's wonderful...i am so happy to hear that you're already on let's do lunch and successful....keep eating all the allowable foods until full..keep snacks handy so that you're never hungry...some people at my job tell me they can't see how they can do this plan because they would miss the things they can't have.....only once you go on this,do you REALLY understand that the things you think you can't live without are the things that cease to mean ANYTHING to you.....you're ABSOLUTELY on the road to success...welcome to our boards..........niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Hello Dloveslunch....I am so glad you found this book at the Library!!  I guarantee it will be a great checkout!!  I have been on LDL since last October and constantly read mine!!!  If you decide to purchase it, as I know you will use it lots....here in Tennessee the best place to buy it is Barnes and Noble...they also sell it at smaller booksores here in middle TN, not sure which part you are in...God bless and the best of luck!!
ANG
dragracergirl

Post by dragracergirl »

hi everyone I'm new I just ordered the book monday and can't wait for it to get here I started reading the info on the site and started doing it the best I could because I'm on day 2 of quiting smoking and I don't want to start gaining weight i need to lose 20 pounds the way it is so I thought this would be great for me with all your support I do have a question whats the best dressing to put on a salad? thanks dragracer girl
dragracergirl
Weezy59

Post by Weezy59 »

Hi:

I just heard about LDL from my sister.  Just ordered the book and have been reading all the info on these boards to get me motivated.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January and after a double mastectomy am now going through chemo and radiation.  I desperately need to lose 100lbs.  I want to get healthy and live a long and prosperous life.  Please keep me in your prayers.

Linda
Dixieben

Post by Dixieben »

Hi, I'm Cheri and I am so excited about starting this eating plan! I watched two promos for this book on our local Minneapolis TV stations and was immediately hooked! Finally, an eating plan that includes all the foods I love ... and most of all, lots of flavor!  ;) I just bought the book last night and have read through most of it already. Today, I'm going to the grocery store to stock up on beans and grapes!   ;D

I'm anxious to get started!  :)
"Wish it, dream it, do it"
niki

Post by niki »

hi cheri...if you love all these foods already,this is going to be easier than you ever could have imagined.....without dieting,you're going to lose ALL the weight you want to lose......just make sure that you eat all the allowable foods until you're REALLY full...and,especially in the beginning,make sure to keep the more portable snacks handy so you're NEVER HUNGRY.....
  if you have any questions,ask away.....
  be sure to keep us posted as to your success...
                              sincerely,niki
marilyn730

Post by marilyn730 »

Hi everyone!
This is my first day on LDL. I am very excited about this food plan and hope to lose about 60 pounds.
I have read the book and it sounds too easy but that's what I've been looking for.
I could use any words of encouragement anyone might have.
Thanks,
Marilyn
niki

Post by niki »

hi marilyn..as you start and continue to shrink,you'll keep saying the same thing...the main thing is that once you're on it for a few days,the cravings will be gone with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds and THAT'S when you'll really see that because it takes NO willpower,it's SO easy.....
  make sure to eat until you're full....you're NOT on a diet... and keep the snacks handy so that you're NEVER hungry.................check the boards..loads of recipes....if you like beans,it's that much easier...if you don't, there are ways to get around it............welcome to our boards....niki
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hello all,
I just signed in today.  I have tried numerous diets and have lost and gained.  However, it seems now that I am older the pounds do not come off as easily. I struggle with each one.  This LDL way of living seems intriguing inasmuch as you are allowed to eat until you are full.  I have gone to bed many nights with my stomach actually hurting from hunger!  Since I have been dieting for so long, I think it will take me longer to lose than most but I am willing to try LDL.  So far in the two weeks since I started, I have not had to go to bed with once with hunger pains!  What a relief!!!!  Also, the fruit in the morning along with the smoothies which I love seem to be helping my addiction to sugar.  I am so pleased as I fight my sweet cravings all the time!!!

Also, I belong to our local chapter of TOPS, Inc. and lastnight at our weekly meeting gave a quick review of the LDL book which i had with me.  I hope to set a good example for the rest of my chapter pals and an ambassador for LDL.  I am very excited about this new way of eating and look forward to hearing new recipes and welcome your support in this journey to a more healthy lifestyle.

ps.  Roger..........can we have sweet potatoes???? If not, why?  I have heard theyhave many healthy benefits.
niki

Post by niki »

hi ...that's wonderful that you have already been following this wonderful program of eating and are already experiencing less hunger and cravings...
   sweet potatoes are not as bad as white potatoes but they will slow your progress down,so they are really not a good idea....roger might have told someone once that they could have them occasionally...but if you lose slowly,they'll slow you down even more.........there are things you could try instead like turnips or butternut squash......maybe someone else might have some more suggestions....i always say that where there's a will,there's a way...you can find something else that will give you a comparable taste............ 
   stick to the basic plan as it's outllined in the book and you'll do great....make sure to eat until full and keep snacks handy so that you're never hungry....
   welcome to our boards...........niki     
Last edited by niki on August 18th, 2006, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Post by sweetcheeks »

Thanks for the response Roger! :)  It seems all I'm doing is eating!.....or....preparing food to eat.  This morning I couldn't finish my smoothie.  For LDL, I had 2 of your Bean Burgers prepared on my little George Foreman grill, one sweet corn, 1/2 cup of the tomato/cucumber salad and 1/2 cup of the 3-bean salad.  I had prepared S.F. jello for dessert........couldn't eat it....
For supper had the rest of my smoothie.........still didn't want the jello.......This is only my second week on LDL.......seems like my appetite is lessening already! ;D  Or maybe because I'm taking antibiotic for UT infection and I also am fighting POISON IVY  :-\
Whatever........but, there is no sense in eating if you aren't hungry, right?

Jan
niki

Post by niki »

that's what the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds does for you....it takes away the cravings so that food is no longer important to you and somehow you manage to eat LESS and be MORE satisfied.....
  when you're eating a lot but it's all allowable foods,that's just great......i still remember my daughter telling me 30 pounds ago "i don't know HOW you're going to lose weight...you're always eating"....
  well,today she told me she almost thinks i'm thinner than she is...she keeps talking about going back on let's do lunch because she did it for a while when i first started.....i keep telling her that where she went wrong was that she didn't eat enough....she ate the allowable foods as if she was on a diet.....THAT'S WHY i always question women in particular about wether they REALLY feel that they're eating until full...BELIEVE ME i ate until full right from the beginning...and i got rid of those cravings really fast......
   you're absolutely right when you say "there's no point in eating if you're not hungry"......that statement typifies what let's do lunch is all about.....you almost become like an anorexic...and when food has been an issue your ENTIRE life,it's just such a great feeling....and when someone writes that as you did,i know they're right on track...as you are............keep up the good work........good cooking..good eating...good living......niki
Last edited by niki on August 20th, 2006, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grammabugcr

Post by grammabugcr »

Hi im Charlotte and just received my book.Im really excited about starting this program and can use all the encouragement i can get.
niki

Post by niki »

hi charlotte....read the book..if you have any questions,ask.....make sure you eat until full because you're NOT on a diet and keep snacks handy so you're NEVER hungry.....this program has changed my life and it can do the same thing for you...welcome......niki 
dianna

Post by dianna »

Hi!
I just got the book after seeing Mr. Wilson on the news. I need to lose about 10-20 pounds, and all my efforts are not working. So, after hearing Mr.Wilson, I thought I would give his book a try. I will start after I finish reading it. 
:)