Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by niki »

hi dianna....this program has really done so much for me....i'm so glad you found out about it.....i want the world to know.............make sure you eat until full(you're not on a diet).....sweetest fruits.....beans...do you like them?.................welcome...................niki
BillC

Post by BillC »

Tori wrote:The LDL team would like to welcome all of our new friends to Let's Do Lunch! Please take a moment to post here, and let us know you have joined the ranks of the LDL family.

This thread is meant as a "Meet and Greet", so please introduce yourselves, so we can welcome you properly!   ;D

God bless you, and again, welcome to our family!

The LDL Team
BillC

Post by BillC »

jeandolleen wrote:Hello, Tara, Jenny & Lahtidah,  I am into this new way of living on the LDL program and it is wonderful.  I have tried a lot of  other diets  in my life and I always ending cheating and eventuallly quiting.  Since I have been eating this way I have not even wanted to cheat.  I think that you will love it as much as the rest of us do.  Check out the wonderful recipes they are great.  If you have any questions there are a lot of people on the board who are more than willing to help (I know).  Have a great day and God bless each of you.   Jean   :)

Hello to everyone, I am new and just lost a lot of weight and saw Roger on TV and immediately ordered his book. I am looking for a good maintenance program and this looks like it would work for me, can anyone help.  Bill
niki

Post by niki »

that sounds like a great idea,bill....are you at your ideal weight now?...you absolutely could use this to do maintenance....give me some info.....tell me how much you lost and about what size you are now....what kind of diet did you go on to lose the weight you lost?.....niki 
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Hi,
My name is Deloris Nealy and I am new to Let's Do Lunch Community. I was looking at the Author & his wife on TV and was very interested in obtaining the book. So I went on line yesterday and register  & purchase the book. I can't wait to get started.  I retired last year from Verizon in NJ and move to a small town in FL. I need to lose weight and this seem like a good plan.

Deloris
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Deloris,
You are absolutely right....this is a good plan for you!!   While waiting for your book just follow the advice here on the boards and try some recipes.  Kiss all of your potatoes, sugar, and bread goodbye...and soon you won't even miss them with the magic of the beans,corn,lean meats, and sweetest fruits!!  Note I put beans first so niki (aka the bean queen)  could relax while reading....God bless and good luck!!
ANG
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hello Everyone,

This may be one of the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.  But, I know if I don't do it I am going to die.  I am a 44 year old woman.  I am five feet tall and I weigh 332 pounds.  I know this because I was just weighed at the doctors office this week.

I have tried Low Fat... Low Carb...Weight Watchers....Starvation... you name it.  I always always end up going back to my old eating patterns and inevitably gain back anything I lost plus some. 

Just like Roger, I was laying in bed one night and told God I can't do this anymore.  NOTHING I have tried has worked for me long term.  The next morning I went into work and one of my coworkers said to me...."Did you see that man on the news this morning?  He lost over 200 pounds!"  She then went on to tell me about Roger and his book. 

I went online and researched a bit and went right out and bought the book.  I started on the program and did well for about a week.  But, the next thing you know I was working long hours, not taking care of me and once again eating wrong. 

In this past month I have given up cokes totally.  I now drink only water and an occassional glass of unsweet tea.  I have also quit eating fast food (with the exception of 2 trips to Taco Bell). 

Here is the thing.  I KNOW this program works for you all.  I know I felt better when I was on it.  AND I know that I didn't crave chocolate.  This amazed me to no end as I am a COMPLETE chocolate addict.  I love the frozen grapes and most all other fruits.  However, I found it difficult to give up pasta and breads etc. 

I am ashamed to say this, but I have been lurking on the board for awhile now.  I haven't felt like I should be posting because I haven't been eating the LDL way.  I have a HUGE sense of guilt about this because I feel like God laid the answer at my feet and I'm not doing it.

You may have noticed that my nic on here is "Little Princess".  I picked this name because one of my pastors recently said, "Because your father is the King of Kings, that makes you a Princess."  I have read about "Little Mary" and think that is such a precious name.  So, this posting AND my choice of nicknames here are both an act of faith.  Please forgive me for the novel.  God Bless you all and thank you for sharing.  I need support.
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

dear fellow princess(you see,my Father is also King of the universe).....please let us give you all the help you need....the Lord has really blessed me here and there IS a blessing here for you too......
  i have done the same yoyo dieting that you've done...i just somehow managed to keep my weight maybe 40-50 pounds above ideal weight.....
  conventional diets just DON'T work.....THIS is it..........this is the ONLY thing that worked for me...this can work for you too.....
  i am going to tell you what you did wrong.....you didn't eat until full.......you have to eat until full AS IF YOU'RE NOT ON A DIET.......i really think this is harder for women than for men....you have to pretend you're someone who just can't eat certain things and eat ALL THE ALLOWABLE FOODS until REALLY FULL...somehow after a few days of this,a switch in your brain turns off and you have no cravings and when you eat,you're satisfied....
  the Lord has definitely brought you here......read the book again and take my advice......a couple of weeks from now you'll be writing in  how you don't even want to look at food....keep snacks handy.....you can do this.....welcome to our boards...for better or for worse we're in this together.................in Him,niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Little Princess,
God brought LDL to you through a coworker....now you have the power to change your life by using it.....I am a former chocoholic and today a fruitaholic...not because of the power of myself but of God working through LDL....I am glad you decided to reach out to us for help and the support you need is here!!  God bless, and I wish oyu the best of luck!!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

and i'm a beanaholic..........niki
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey there Little Princess;

I am 45yo, 5'3".  I started a few weeks ago. Abba led me here. [Bruce Hackney, mentioned LDL to my "chosen-sister".]

I met with my doctor last week to let him know about Let's Do Lunch tm and get his "Ok".  He listened and asked questions then said "Go for it! It sounds great!".  According to his scales my weight is 244#.

I have been lurking quite a bit too. Mostly because I am trying to read all the posts that have been written before I started this eating plan. WHEW there're a LOT!

Even though I am eating all the fruit and beans I WANT, I have NOT been eating until FULL all of the time and I have had the same temptations you mentioned of  eating off the plan. But you know what? After all the reading I have done the past week  I have seen messages from folks who have lost their weight AND KEPT IT OFF.

You and I can DO this!  May I invite you to be my Buddy?

EnJae
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Thank you all for your wonderful support.  :)  It's very comforting to know that I am not alone in this.  Enjae I would LOVE to be buddies.  How does that work? 
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by dorisjane »

niki wrote:hi dianna....this program has really done so much for me....i'm so glad you found out about it.....i want the world to know.............make sure you eat until full(you're not on a diet).....sweetest fruits.....beans...do you like them?.................welcome...................niki
mlw

Post by mlw »

Hi my name is Linda and I live in Detroit.  I just woke up turn on the portable 4 inch TV in the bed to listen to the news when I heard Troy speaking on Channel 2 news.  Decide to go in my office (which is across from my bedroom) to hear his interview. I saw his before and after photo and he was saying how God had woke him up and gave this idea to him.  He said to go to the message board and read what people was saying. I decide to visit the message board while he was speaking (since I was sitting at my computer desk) to read comments about this book.  I'm taking this step by step because I don't have much experience with message boards but I like the fact that I can express myself in this format.  I will continue to read others comments about the LDL and hope and pray that this is something for me.  You see, I just quit smoking 11 weeks ago (Thank God) after 39 years and I don't want to put on more weight.  I told myself that I would quit smoking and lose weight.  I have never tried to quit smoking in the pass and I'm so proud of myself that I am being successful but I notice I'm eating more and I feel hungry a lot of the time.  I was already over weight so I need help.  However, I know I can lose the weight too if I have the right outlook and help in doing so.  So I will read on about LDL and hope this is what God sent to me this morning.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi MLW, Welcome to the boards.  Your story really hits home.  I smoked for 35 years and a heart attack made me quit. After my open heart surgery, I gained 90lbs.  Then I found out about LDL.  I have lost over 60 lbs in 5 and a half months.  It is a lot easier than quiting smoking.  Much easier!  I have a long way to go, but it is so enjoyable, I don't even consider myself on a diet. I don't like that word to begin with, so I refer to it as a "eating program".  There are no cravings, and I am full all the time. Get the book and get started. You will be succcessful if you only follow the guidlines.  If you follow the book, your body has to lose weight.  We are all here for you so if you have questions, just ask... Good luck... Mike
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome Linda;

What a coincidence (def: Our Father working incognito) that Roger Troy received this gift from the Father by being woken from sleep; and you received the information by being woken from sleep! "At just the right time, ..."

This is definitely the place for you!
You will learn to break your addiction to sugars, grains and potatoes (which increase your weight). And you'll be able to eat ALL YOU WANT of fruit, vegetables and beans; with lean meat. In case you haven't caught it yet: This is NOT a DIET. It is a healthy way of eating for the rest of your life.

Get the book as soon as you can.
To begin, eat all the sweet fruits, beans, peas and corn you want (eating until full!).
Have as much lean meat as you want for now.
When you get your book, read it through. Then read the diet part again. Then read it a third time.

After your cravings for the sweets, potatoes  and over-refined foods have gone then follow the eating plan explained in the book. You never have to feel hunger again.!

Again, I am glad you found your way here! Praise the Lord!

EnJae
from Texas
mzunocennt

Post by mzunocennt »

Hello Everyone:
my screen name is mzunocennt, friends call me mz.
Saw Roger on TV and my boyfriend is 528 lbs, 6'4".  We are in love,
(figures) and I would want him around in my life.  I am 5 feet 2 inches and want to lose 15 lbs.  Pills I was taking shot my weight up to 128
when I normally weigh 110.  I am DEFINITELY not used to buying sizes up.  So Big Jim and I are doing this together.  Hello to all of You.
And Roger, thank you for this diet.  I think this time it will work.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, mz!

How wonderful that you and Big Jim are doing this together.  You are the same height as I am.  Most people don't realize that 128 is really heavy for a person our size (depending on bone structure).  Today, I'd LOVE to weigh 128, but like your Jim, I have a long way to go. 

Like everyone here will tell you - just eat until you're full of the allowable foods and you won't crave the things that put the weight on.  You will eat the most wonderful tasting things if you go to the recipe section and start making some of the soups, etc. 

The people on this board are awesome, as you'll soon find out. 

Again, welcome to both of you!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."