Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by niki »

hi lori....it's about 7 months now and i've lost betw 30-35....but the thing is that you're not on a diet and you're losing weight..........i have NEVER stayed on a diet more than a couple of months..this way of just not eating certain things and eating all you want of other things is just GREAT......just make sure you're REALLY eating all the allowable foods until REALLY full.......REALLY(haha).......................
  did you see the segment on the news about how the people that are having their stomachs stapled are developing addictions to other things?....booze..etc...
  well,i have a bean addiction and a fruit addiction.....i had worked 3 days in a row and didn't have enough bean soup cooked for all three days...so i didn't eat bean soup for HOW LONG?.....2 DAYS IN A ROW....i forgot to soak beans night before last....but last night i soaked 2 pounds of dried cannelini beans and made a BIG pot of fasoulada(greek bean soup)...and an hour ago,i couldn't wait to have some......and now writing about it is making my mouth water........it wasn't even completely cooked before but i had to have some.....so NOW,i'm going downstairs and have a bowl(or two IF I WANT)and feed that bean habit.............thank you Lord................niki
greenglass
New, but learning

Post by greenglass »

Niki, that is hilarious!  ;D  After printing many of the popular recipes I am also hungry!  I know I will addicted to fruits but if I get addicted to beans like you I will amaze myself!
Take care and happy eating,
Lori
greenglass
New, but learning

Post by greenglass »

Thank you Mary for the encouraging words.  I am glad that I can enjoy the slushies and recipes without counting, weighing, and, honestly, spending way too much time in life thinking about food.

This will be fun.  I will be trying your recipes very soon and will let you know how they were.

It is the first time I have been in a "community" online and from all I have been reading I have been missing out.

Thank you everyone.
Lori
Sallyanna

Post by Sallyanna »

Hi everyone.  My name is Sallyanna.  I am a 38-year old stay at home mom who put on a bit (a bit meaning a whole lot ) of weight with each pregnancy and it just isn't coming off.  I've decided to give this a try.

Would love any ideas or input from anyone and everyone.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome, Sallyanna! You don't have to wait for the book to start the plan, if that's what you're doing. Read thru the boards and make your very next meal an LDL selection.  Lot's of good suggestions are here for you to take full advantage of even before your book arrives. Wishing you success! :) nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi sallyanna.....you have the potential here to lose ALL the weight you want to lose and KEEP it off...once you stop eating sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,you'll find that you no longer want any of those things that you once thought you couldn't live without....eat all the allowable foods UNTIL FULL...you're not on a diet...and enjoy all the wonderful food you can eat while you watch your body shrink....welcome to our boards.................niki 
FITANDFREE

Post by FITANDFREE »

Hi everyone!

FitandFree here... I am 45 years young and have been yo-yo dieting for 20 years.  I have made a new commitment to myself for the millionth time, and I am determined to make this the last time I will have to start over.

I am 5'10, and weigh 245lbs!  This is not my highest weight.  About 5 years ago I weighed 273lbs.  I cried out to God asking Him to give me the desire to exercise, and after great "works" on my part I am happy to say that I LOVE exercise.  In fact I workout at least 1 hour 4-6 times per week including cardio and strength training.

In 2001 I underwent major surgery and since then I have been challenged with losing more weight due to a heightened sugar addiction.  My desire is to lose 85lbs.

This evening I happened upon the evening news (which I never watch), where I saw an interview with Roger Troy Wilson.  As most of you know when you are on a mission to lose weight you will gravitate to almost anything that can possibly help you overcome this challenge.  I immediately did an Internet search, where I found each of you.

Thanks for answering my cry for support.  I plan to order the LDL book and I look forward to posting my success story soon!
Today is My Day of Victory...
Jesus Is Lord!
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome Fit and Free! You've come to the right place! :) Good luck to you! ...nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi fit and free, welcome to our boards...that's great that you heard about let's do lunch...i have been eating this way for almost 8 months and it's GREAT.....if you haven't ordered the book yet,you can get it from christianbook.com for $16.99....that's where i bought it from and i directed a couple of people at my job to buy it from there.....there's nothing like this program...it has changed my life.......make sure to EAT UNTIL FULL...this is not a diet....keep snacks handy....eat all the allowable foods...beans,the sweetest fruit,lean meats,vegetables.....check out the recipes on these boards........enjoy....................niki       
Last edited by niki on September 6th, 2006, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweets

Post by Sweets »

Hello  I am Sweets  from  Michigan and I saw Troy and heard about his book on our wxyz channel seven newscast this evening.

I guess you can tell by the sn  I eat wayyyy too many sweets and as soon as I can afford to purchase Troy's book I am going to so I can get on the right track God wants me too just like Troy did.
  Thank you for your encouraging support.
  It is nice to be in the company of folks who understand how hard it is to stop what you have always loved but know it is killing you.
  Sweetsue
One does not live by bread alone.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome Sweets in Michigan! Seems to be a whole bunch of you northern tier folks joining up lately! :) Anyway, don't wait for your book to start the program. Get in the mindset that you're going to do this and start right now. There's enough info here if you read thru to start out at your very next meal. Got smoothie ingredients for your breakfast this morning? Or some eggs and salsa or an egg and veggie omelet ingredients should you not have any fruit around? Go for it!  Ditch the junk foods in your house (if you have family members that won't complain) or put them away somewhere out of your line of vision. Make it the family snack cabinet, not yours, even if you have to put it in another room or the garage or the playroom. This includes bread! Go thru the recipes and see what you can whip up for lunch and dinner today and make enough to have as leftovers for lunch tomorrow. (Or your lunch can be as something as simple as salad with some cooked greens and beans on top.) Got popcorn around for snacking? If so, you're on your way.... make Today the first day of your new eating plan; don't wait for days to pass by to begin. Wishing you luck! :) ........nyKath
patl

Post by patl »

Hi, I'm Pat and I'm new to the message boards.  I started doing LDL on August 25th.  I'm not sure I'm doing the program correctly.  I've read the book two times and am confused.  I have not weighed myself since I started because in the book it says to wait for a month to weigh.  But I have been taking measurements and have not lost anything yet that I can see.  Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon.  I re-read last night that I shouldn't be snacking between breakfast and lunch.  However, having just fruit for breakfast I cannot make it until noon.  I'm starving.  I don't do hunger well.  So I've been taking extra fruit with me and some hard boiled eggs to snack on.  I've been having my protein, veggies and beans for lunch then seem to need another snack mid-afternoon.  In the evening I've been having fruit and beans.  Then before bed maybe a big pretzel with some of the cheese mentioned in the book.  Can anyone tell me if I'm doing okay?  I just read on the message board not to be too worried that some people don't start losing for three months.  I have about 50 lbs. to lose and am trying so hard to follow the program to the letter.  Thanks in advance for any comments.
niki

Post by niki »

hi sweets.............we'll work on getting you sweet WITHOUT sugar.....you can get the book at christianbook.com for $16.99....it was $13.99 but the price just went up..it's money well spent because it really gives you a good understanding of what this is about.....
 listen,once you completely give up sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize and NO WILLPOWER necessary....you don't WANT any of those things you thought you couldn't live without.........
 order the book...start tapering your eating habits by stopping sugar and the unhealthy carbs.....
 i wish you success.....welcome to our boards............niki
niki

Post by niki »

hi pat......you're the first person who ever said they were measuring themselves...get rid of it........go by your clothes..when they're loose,weigh yourself....when those clothes are loose,look for something that is snug and when THAT fits,weigh yourself......
 in the beginning, you should eat all the allowable foods until full until the cravings and excessive hunger are gone......it's not that you CAN'T snack.....it's that you want to make sure you're really eating at your meals....after eating loads of fruit in the first few months,i was still hungry for something.....i ate popcorn twice a day then........DON'T EVER LET YOURSELF BE HUNGRY....EAT UNTIL FULL...YOU'RE NOT ON A DIET.....
 i've been on this program for almost 8 months....i've never eaten a pretzel.....actually,i just bought my first package of cornthins yesterday........if you are eating all the allowable foods,you shouldn't need to eat anything else.....once you're craving free,taper the program off to the way it's set up in the book,eating your main meal of the day at lunch or dinner(fish,chicken,meat).......BEANS all the time.....lunch...dinner........i posted about how good beans are for you on the boards.........check it out.....
  i've lost almost 35 pounds....in the last couple of months,i've only been losing a couple of pounds a month...............I DON'T CARE....i'm going to be eating this way for life.........this is a WONDERFUL program of eating...i was a junk food queen......now,i'm the bean queen................i wish you success.....welcome to our boards................niki        
Last edited by niki on September 8th, 2006, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
patl

Post by patl »

Thank you for the comments.  I'll put the measuring tape away and keep eating the LDL way.