Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
2muchwt

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by 2muchwt »

Hello, I saw Roger Troy Wilson and Mrs. Wilson on "Babbie's House" Chanel AT57 on 9-18-2006 at 12:00 PM. I only got the last 15 minutes of the conversation between Troy and Babbie but the things he said brought so much hope to my current situation that I had to log on to this website just to see if what I heard was really true.  To summarize my current situation I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in March 2006. I am a 44 year old female who now has to take 6 different medications and use nasal inhalers daily just to feel good enough to make it through the day. I weight 214 pounds and am 5'7. There is No doubt I have to lose this weight. I am fatigued all the time, my self esteem is really low and I have so many goals I need and want to accomplish with this life God has given me that I have to do all that I can to help my body recover from this diagnosis.   Very simply, I need your help.
mamashea

Post by mamashea »

Hi,
I have just ordered the book so of course I have not read it, but I saw you on the Babie Mason show and when I heard your story it hit home with me. I have been over weight all my life. I have tried every diet out there and seems like I can only lose about 15 to 20 pounds and then I start craving the sweets and before long it comes back on and more too. I really am praying that this will work. But I have one question, you were talking about the beans, when I eat alot of beans I have such a problem with blotting. what do you suggest?
mamashea
niki

Post by niki »

hi mamashea......welcome to our boards....i recommend lentil soup or pureed bean soups for those who have a problem digesting beans..mary has a lot of pureed bean soup recipes on the boards..the one that i like is the israeli chickpea soup and sometimes i slice grilled chicken in it to make it into a complete meal.....nary and i have both posted recipes for lentil soup...i use more vegetables in mine and use beef broth to give it an onion soup kind of taste...........
  i started having more of a problem with beans and it took me a while to remember that when i first started doing let's do lunch,i used to alternate... one week i made a big pot of lentil soup and one week i made a big pot of bean soup.....make sure you drain and rinse the canned beans really well and cook them until they're REALLY soft...when making dried beans,discard the water that the beans are soaked in and discard the water after they've been cooking for a while......then make sure you also cook them really well also......................you don't have to soak the lentils and you don't have to discard the water.....
  eating the beans and fruit helps maintain your stabilized blood sugars and keeps you feeling REALLY full.....so i highly recommend them.....enjoy........sincerely,niki
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Thank you all for the well wishes.

Niki, I knew what you meant, thank you.

Should be an interesting ride. I am hoping for good results.
pmlw

Post by pmlw »

Hi my name is Patricia and I love let's do lunch, I went on a low carb diet "once again" and promptly lost 12 lbs however they were creeping back when I happened to see the author on TV, i went out and bought the book the next morning, that was about a month ago I have now lost a total of about 25 lbs and feel so much better.  My husband is glad to see me eating fruit and all the other healthy carbs.  I have not tried any of the recipe as I mostly eat fruit for breakfast and then a large portion of lean protein w/vegies and maybe fruit for lunch.  I then maybe snack on fruit if I have to in the afternoon and eat a bowl of popcorn with olive oil spray and salt after work or in the evening and more fruit.  I need to get more fancy and do some of the recipes to keep from getting bored.  I am doing so good without any wheat products and loving all the fruit.  After "the" low carb diet it is like I am cheating every day eating fruit, what a treat!!!!  And corn and beans, love them.    Thanks for the book!!!   Pat w
niki

Post by niki »

hi pat.....that's GREAT that you lost 25 pounds in a month.....WOW...just make sure you keep eating until full....and experiment with some of the recipes for bean soups...the one that you won't have any gas with is the lentil soup...both mary and i posted recipes....i use more vegetables and use beef broth to give it almost an onion soup flavor......make sure you cook them until they're really soft...and if you use dried beans,make sure you discard the water after soaking and once after they've cooked for a while.....keep up the good work........sincerely,niki       
Canary

Post by Canary »

Hi, I'm the Canary. 

I must confess that I have not yet read the book.  I saw your interview on local television and went to the website when I was in the middle of an IM and saved it to Favorites so that I could go back to it.  So now, I am just starting out to investigate what I might find others saying about their success with this new idea.  It is fascinating.

P.S.  I remember an old column (in a box) in "Crain's" some years back called "Let's Do Lunch" and that is what made the title ofo your grab my attention, as I loved reading that column.  Was it yours?
heins57

Post by heins57 »

Hi I am Peggy.  I'm still waiting to get my book.  I saw Roger on WCCO channel 4 MN and ordered the book on August 18.  Unfortunately the has been sold out.  I can't wait to get started.  I have a real addiction to sweets!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi peggy...if you go through these boards,you'll get a good view of let's do lunch and can start now......
  the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and gets rid of the cravings....eating all the sweetest fruit and beans really maintains those stable blood sugars to keep you full and satisfied......you start out the day eating all the fruit you want.....once a day, you eat lean protein with all the vegetables and beans that you want....for the remaining meal,you're supposed to start out with fruit and then eat salad(or vegetables)and/or bean soup.....eat all you want of these things...you're NOT on a diet..........you can snack on soynuts or popcorn and loads of other things...but you shouldn't need to snack that much because of all the other foods you'll be eating........ask ANY questions you may have...............welcome..............niki     
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Hi, I'm Cynthia aka Buttercup. (Buttercup is our Golden Retriever's name.)  I didn't think about introducing myself the other day when I asked my first question.  I was changing channels on our television (we have Sky Angel) and there was a lady making chic pea soup.  She mentioned that the recipe came from the book, Let's Do Lunch, and I went to the bookstore to take a look.  I told my husband about it and he went on-line and read about it and went to the message board and read some of you guys's comments.  He was sold!!!  He told me to go buy the book and we've been doing LDL ever since.  That was about 2 months ago.  He said he knows this is going to work.  He's been eating what he thought was healthy (mostly yogurt and nuts for breakfast :o    and continued to gain weight.  He says LDL is an answer to prayer.  His stomach is shrinking and I lost a few pounds the first month.  This 2nd. month I haven't lost any, but I haven't gained either.
I'm glad  you have this message board to help with questions and for inspiration.  My husband and I are Believers in the Lord and His Word.  We want Him to be the most important person in our lives.
Well, that's just a little bit about us. 
In His Love,
Cynthia aka Buttercup  8)
shellyu

Post by shellyu »

I ordered the book over a week ago but I haven't received it yet.  I'm really anxious to read the book and get going on the long journey ahead of me.  I have tried everything to rid myself of these extra pounds.  I've always been a bit on the heavy side but I'm hoping to change that.  God has blessed me in so many areas recently and I'm hoping he will bless me with this as well.  Any pointers for beginners would be greatly appreciated. :)
niki

Post by niki »

hey cynthia...you mean all this time i was addressing your dog?(haha).......praise God...i think it's wonderful that this is something you and your husband are doing together...i think it's great that your focus is on a great change in eating habits......if you haven't read the book a second time yet,now would be a great time..it'll help you to fine tune everything.....
 be sure you are really eating until full....and make sure to give the humble little bean a chance....beans,corn and peas REALLY help to keep your blood sugars stable along with the fruit that you eat....
 if at any time, you do have cravings,you can trace back what might have brought it on and what you can eat that is allowable to deal with it.....ask ANY questions you might have......
 the reason we're all here is to support each other and we'd like to extend that support to you and to your husband..................God bless you both.........niki
niki

Post by niki »

hi shelly......while i was waiting for the book,i cut out sugar and junk food...for me this was quite a feat because i ate so much junk.....it is the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds that stabilizes your blood sugars..the beans and the fruit maintain that and keep you full and satisfied......check out the different posts on the boards and the recipes and that'll give you a better understanding...you eat fruit in the morning...lean protein once a day with beans and vegetables.....and for the third meal you eat any combination of fruit/beans/vegetables....
  i was SOME junk food addict and it amazes me if i think about it that i have gone 8 months on this program with NO cravings...........i went off the program once for a couple of days but NOT because of a cravi ng but because i went away for a weekend and since i had only been on it for a month,opted to go off............
  i have been so blessed by this program...it HAS changed my life..i used to work out BIG time...i taught aerobics for over 11 years working for bally's.i LOVED to exercise.....i became too tired to do ANYTHING.......i have now started back and every other day i do a program of weights and crunches....and i do crunches every day.....i don't do this for any other reason but for the sheer pleasure of it.
  music is my ministry...before i gained the weight, i sang a number of times in a couple of christian coffee houses on long island...then i felt uncomfortable about the weight i had gained and stopped doing it...i just contacted someone the other day about starting to do it again and i feel really good about that........Praise God...He has blessed me so much with this program of eating that puts food in it's proper place....and i know that if i could do it,ANYONE can.................welcome to our boards...and remember that there is a blessing here for anyone who reaches out for it......................niki 
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Thank you, Niki
Buttercup
ramones girl

Post by ramones girl »

Hi.  First saw Roger on FOX news, and was curious about his plan.  I e-mailed him with a couple of questions, and got an immediate response back from him.  I thought, what's the harm in trying out another plan.  If it doesn't work, I'll just try something else.  Just started the LDL plan Monday morning, and have already lost 6 lbs!  The biggest surprise to me though was the lack of cravings!  We had a medical rep. bring all this v. tempting food this week that I would normally have picked at, but I was amazed that I didn't salivate over the stuff as usual. ;D 

I've tried just about everything except lipo, and I'm so pleased that this plan really works, is most reasonable, and is actually good for your health!!!  It's only been a week, but I feel better than I have in several months now.  Thanks, Roger. :)