Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tcasola
Administrator

Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself! -- Hello my name is Tom

Post by tcasola »

I forgot 1 other thing.  I was amazed to see that the creator/founder would take a special interest, and actually answer questions. You don’t see that kind of interest from other “health/diet” experts.  Name another author who is so involved with his readers, and often helping them on a 1 on 1 basis. You can't. God bless you Roger.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
TNangela

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by TNangela »

Its so nice to meet all of the newcomers and I encourage all with LDL, its a  wonderful program.
Sandy...I also have 7 children --- 4 girls, 3 boys. They are aged 17 to 3.  YOur children may kick and scream with the changes but I found from the beginning just placing lots of cut up melons strawberries etc with their meals they began eating and liking it.  Before that it was always brownies, cake , cookies, etc.... we started LDL in Ocotober and love it.  WIthin 2  months I had lost those 20 pounds so many pregnancies had left me with :-) and the  good news is they are still gone!  I wish you the best of luck and I am so glad you had a good vacation.....I love Galveston....I wish you the best of luck!!
ANG
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hey Tom, It is great to see that you have joined the rest of us in a new way of eating, and a much better way of enjoying life.  I am replying to you because we have a common thread between us.  We were both about the same size until about four months ago. That is when I started LDL. I have to tell you to relax and be confident.  This program was made for people like us. I have lost 55 lbs in four and a half months.  I have more energy, and feel better than I have in years, and the amazing thing is that it was NOT hard.  Knowing some of the feelings you have, I am here to tell you that you will do fine.  If you follow the book, then your body has to lose weight... I have a lot more to go, but I know it will happen. I am at a platau right now, but I know that will go away shortly and I will be on my way again. Roger has told me that Plataus are not unusual, and  are also  temporary.  Tom, just remember to ask questions when you have them, and enjoy the ride.  you sound like you have made the commitment to lose, and that is half the trip... Good luck and keep us posted.
Mike
CathyK817
New, but learning

Post by CathyK817 »

Hi!  I'm Cathy.  I found an article about Roger's story in a health insert in our local paper here in Tampa, FL.  After gaining back a lot of weight I had previously battled, I had been looking for a diet option and was not finding anything I was happy with.  Suddenly, I just felt this was it and I immediately ordered the book.  I started the plan the next day after getting the book.  It does not feel like a diet!  In about 6 weeks I have lost just under 20 pounds.  I'm in a bit of a stall right now but still losing small amounts periodically and I'm quite ok with that.  I think I don't get enough beans in the diet and then I find myself hungry at night.  I'm working on that.  I do love the foods I can eat though and I really do not feel that I am on a diet.  My husband is amazed at how much I can eat and still lose.  It's great when he says, "Are you sure you should be eating that?" and I get to say yes and two days later tell him how much I lost. 

Thanks too for the support on the bulletin boards.  Great ideas, suggestions and support!
niki

Post by niki »

hi cathy....isn't that wonderful that you've already been on  let's do lunch for a couple of months and are having such excellent results...
   look for the posts on beans....the discussion board"beans..they're what's for lunch AND dinner" and tips for healthy living "eat beans and be a string bean"....there are so many easy recipes for bean soups....white bean soup,israeli chickpea soup and my greek bean soup.....they're one pot easy taking not too much longer than heating up a can of soup.....i made poggi's bean salad which came out great...i just added marinated artichoke hearts and didn't add oil or vinegar.........there are so many ways to eat beans........
   make sure you're eating until full...and keep the snacks handy...................you're doing great.......welcome to our boards..........niki   
Last edited by niki on July 25th, 2006, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rdn380

Post by rdn380 »

Hi,

My name is Ruth and I just happened to see Roger on an interview Thursday and Friday on Channel 8 in the mornings.  I called Friday and ordered his book and I am very anxious to receive it.  My goal is to lose approximately 50 to 60 pounds.  I really feel that my husband will want to get involved too.  Because of his enthusiasm, I am looking forward to getting started.  My wish is to have as much success as Roger has.
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Hello Ruth,
I am so glad you found LDL....this is a true blessing form God.....I wish you the best of luck and assure you all of the support you need is right here!! Those 50 pounds will be in the past without being hungry!!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

hi ruth..........so happy you've found let's do lunch....you will lose all the weight you want to lose and change your eating habits for the better.............
  with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize and cravings become a thing of the past..eat the sweetest fruit....eat until full...and never let yourself be hungry(keep snacks like soynuts handy)..the beans make their humble contribution to this accomplishment..they are my new comfort food.........just yesterday,i cooked a new bean i hadn't seen for years(i saw them and bought them from fairway)cranberry beans..i cooked them in tomato sauce with fresh string beans..................they came out great...........it's been 6 months and i could have LESS variety and be happy....CERTAINLY more variety than i had doing low carbs.........i couldn't do that for more than a month at a time..........
   welcome to our boards...if you have any questions,ask away................. and keep us posted on your success....sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on July 25th, 2006, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy
New, but learning

Post by Andy »

Hello!

My name is Andy. I live in a small town outside of Houston, Texas. I've always struggled with my weight. In high school and college I managed to keep it down. I transfered and moved to Houston the last two years of college and when I did I moved into a very stressful situation.
I've always been a stress eater, but like Roger says in the book I eat regardless of my emotion.
I used my emotions as justification but I am seriously addicted to food. I ballooned up to 475 lbs.

Amazingly despite my weight I got married to a wonderful woman and we have an amazing little boy who just turned 17 months old.

I've tried everything. I did the Weight Watchers, and the Atkins, and even paid over 700 to a place called quick weight loss whose commercials claimed I could eat whatever I wanted but in reality they put me on the strictest diet of my life and then belittled me when I deviated from it. I gave up on it despite my huge investment.
My wife and I have been married for two years now. I've never weighed less than 429 and that was after I went on 1500 calorie a day diet for a while.
I'm at my wit's end. I've even been seriously considering the weight loss surgeries despite the fact that as many as 1 in 200 people DIE from it.
I hope that I can use Roger Troy's method as effectively as he did. I just finished reading it and it seems like something I may actually be able to do.
I'm optimistic, but I've failed so often... Well let's just say that Roger Troy's story and mine are not that dissimilar.
Hello to you all and here's hoping that i can finally start down the road to good health.
niki

Post by niki »

hi andy....this will absolutely help you..it'll be hard to believe possible at first...too good to be true when you start losing weight while eating until full.....
   we all share in this blessing that roger recieved from the Lord......but i think i can safely say that reaching and helping people in the circumstances that he found himself in blesses roger in a special way.......tell yourself that your struggling is over..this program of eating is LIKE NO OTHER......make sure that you eat from all the allowable foods in all the food groups...you're NOT on a diet...eat until you are full.......enjoy ALL the sweetest fruit....loads of bean soups...........NEVER BE HUNGRY...keep the more portable snacks handy.............there are so many you ean eat........popcorn(with olive oil spray or "i can't believe it's not butter" spray),soynuts with raisins,corn thins,soynut butter,wasa crisps,soy cheeses...when the cravings are GONE it'll blow you away..............just wait.........i can't wait to read your first post when you share that.....................
   i am so happy that you found out about let's do lunch...there's loads of info on the boards.......let us all help you......QUESTIONS...we love questions..this is a wonderful support system......support from the author himself?...unheard of ...........you got it.............God bless you as you embark on this life changing event......niki 
Last edited by niki on July 25th, 2006, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
steffie
New, but learning

Post by steffie »

Hi everyone! My name is Steffie! I saw Roger on our local Great Day Houston Program, a few weeks ago. I don't normally watch this show, but tuned in that day. I truly believe that the Good Lord has called me to this program. I purchased Roger's book, and finished reading it last night. I started the LDL Program today.

I have 100 pounds to lose. I have been addicted to diets most of my life, even when I maintained  normal weight. I think I have tried every diet imaginable. I have enough registration bokks from a  well known weight lose program to probably wallpaper a room in my home. I even, did a 500 calorie liquid fast at one time. I lost 70 pounds and put it back on very quickly.

I am so thankful to have found this program. I believe Roger has been called to help with the truly growing obesity problem in our country. I was so amazed to see that profits from the sale of this book go to charity and that it wasn't another quick fix diet book written by a author/nutritionist looking to get wealthy. How surprised I was to see that Roger answers so many of the posts written on the bulletin boards. Thank you so much Roger,for your concern and care!

I also thank so many of you for the wonderful recipes that have been posted. I made one for lunch and it was delicious!

I would appreciate any words of wisdom, encouragement, etc. I have several questions, and will post them at a later time. God bless you all!
niki

Post by niki »

hi steffie.....i'm so glad you found out about this wonderful program of eating.....you're going to love it.......just be sure to eat the sweetest fruit......check out the info on beans(discussion board)"beans..they're what's for lunch AND dinner" and (tips for healthy living)"eat beans to be a string bean"........there are loads of easy bean soup recipes..........EAT UNTIL FULL....and keep snacks handy...my favorites are popcorn and soynuts(edamame too)...NEVER BE HUNGRY..........
  those are my tips..ask ANY and ALL questions........and welcome to our boards....................niki
mary mary
New, but learning

Post by mary mary »

Tori wrote:The LDL team would like to welcome all of our new friends to Let's Do Lunch! Please take a moment to post here, and let us know you have joined the ranks of the LDL family.

This thread is meant as a "Meet and Greet", so please introduce yourselves, so we can welcome you properly!   ;D

God bless you, and again, welcome to our family!

The LDL Team
jenibug530
New, but learning

Post by jenibug530 »

Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer. I was introduced to LDL by my brother who purchased the book for me a couple of months ago.  I never had to worry about what I ate until I hit about 30. Like many others, I have tried a lot of other eating plans with very short lived success.  With every plan, I realized after a few weeks, I wouldn't be able to live my life eating that way. I could not see myself eliminating an entire food group forever, nor could I see myself constantly budgeting my daily food allowance. I started LDL yesterday, I went through my entire day without hunger, and without cravings! My brother has done very well on the program and he is quite an inspiration, I know I can always call him to compare notes, recipes etc. My only concern is that my husband is not on board with me. I don't want to be tempted by his food choices, yet he won't budge and give it a shot with me. Is anyone else in this same boat? What have you done about it? Thank you Mr. Wilson for sharing this with the public!
Last edited by Anonymous on July 18th, 2006, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jenibug530
New, but learning

Post by jenibug530 »

Thank you for your ideas and inspiration! My brother is actually already on the board as Mark F. and has posted on the Personal Success Stories. He has done great, I am proud of him!!

Again, thank you and have a great day  :D