Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Tugboat CA

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Tugboat CA »

This is my first post and I just want to say how excited I am about my new way of eating. I started last week and I have already lost 5 pounds (I know I wasn't suppose to weigh but I did).  : )  My friend introduced Let's Do Lunch to me in the Spring but I wasn't convinced till I saw him lose 95 pounds. I was so excited about it that I told my "chosen sister" and we went and got the book. She read it and started right away and has been reading all the posted messages on line and even contributing her own posts. I read the book and got excited but i was hesitant about doing the post so she encouraged me to do this one, my first. Also, I let my mom read the book and she didn't seem excited about it but thenext thing I knew she was buying all the right foods and fixing us both salads, beans, fruit and all the good stuff. I will tell everyone I know about this because it is so life changing. I also appreciated the way Roger Troy uses Biblical principals in his book and that he gives God the credit. Thank you so much for ssharing this wonderful way of eating.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey CA (aka Tugboat);
Yay! You finally posted. Sorry I'm so pushy...  (no I'm not. )

Everybody, CA and I met in January of '06 and just really hit it off as friends. Before long we felt like we were sisters. She helped me make it through the weeks following my mother's death in June.
We've spent  a lot of meals getting fatter together. Now we're excited about getting thinner and healthier together! I praise God for giving this plan to Roger Troy and for giving Bruce Hackney a willingness to share what has changed his life.

NJ
Last edited by EnJae on August 27th, 2006, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birds & Roses

Post by Birds & Roses »

Hi~ I joined 8-26-06, I happened to turn tv on and caught a few mins. of Roger Troy on Channel 2, wrote the website down and he was off the air.Went to the website and joined got the book at Border's the same day! reading it now, and praying this time in my many trys, and struggles at losing weight, that this time I will do it, for my health etc. I want to Give God all the Glory-Birds & Roses
niki

Post by niki »

hi CA....it's so wonderful that you've found this wonderful way of eating and that you have a great network of people on it with you(nj..your mother)
  just make sure to eat until you're full...you're NOT on a diet...enjoy ALL the allowable foods..check out the recipes....FRUIT...BEAN SOUPS.......loads of stuff...God bless you...................niki     
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome Birds & Roses!

Be sure to read the book 3 times. You find bits you miss the first time around.

EnJae
(tomorrow is 3 wks for me)
renee m

Post by renee m »

So here goes (I think!)  My name is Renee and I am on week number 2 of the LDL way of eating with only two days worth of 'hiccups'.  I am finishing my Fruit and Soup Flush this evening, but I think I goof already!  Can I have refried beans on the flush?  They were fat free.

Any tips on emotional eating?  I was mad at my husband this weekend (no marital probs. just 'stuff') and that's what derailed me.  I would really appreciate thoughts on this.

Two years ago I lost 60 lbs. living the Atkins way and went from a 16 to a 6.  Two years later (tonight) I sit here in a size 14!  I'm excited about this program and look forward to visiting the message board for support and inspiration.

Renee in Houston
niki

Post by niki »

hi renee...welcome to our boards.....in my opinion,you need to saturate yourself in ldl allowable foods....this way,stress or temptation CANNOT touch you....the sweetest fruit....as MUCH as you want....you're not on a diet.....some women have a problem with that...I NEVER DID.....i LOVE not being hungry....beans..beans...beans....soynuts..popcorn....eat until full of all the allowable foods and fine tune it to the way it's formatted in the book when the cravings are gone....time and time again,i have read people's posts when they've done this and they write that they are NOT tempted by ANYTHING........THAT'S what i will look forward to you writing.....................DO IT...it works...........sincerely,niki
fpa1969

Post by fpa1969 »

Hi, My name is Floyd.  I have just started the program (yesterday).  I am excited about what lies ahead.  I have 120 pounds to lose.  I am ready to begin this journey.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Hi, okay, this is my second day.  I cannot tell you how apprehensive I am.  I have done ALL the diets and I lose a few pounds on all of them.  The expensive ones I have lost lots of weight on.  Obviously I cannot keep it off or I wouldn't be here.  I'm apprehensive because every time I gain back, I gain back an extra 10-15!  I'm scared to death by doing this it will happen again.  Everything I hear about this program sounds too good to be true and that in itself scares me too.  I am journaling every day to see how this goes.  I'll be visiting alot......and saying alot of prayers. 
greenglass
New, but learning

Post by greenglass »

Hi Everyone,
My name is Lori and I bought the book after seeing Troy Wilson on Channel 5 in Oklahoma City.  I was actually forcing myself to eat yet another NutriSystem meal and realizing I did not want to continue.  All the meals, no matter what they were, tasted and smelled the same.  Mr. Wilson looked happy and glowed superb health!  Now that is what I want to achieve!

I have read the book once and plan to read it a few more times to get it into my head like second nature.  I have been brain-washed into thinking too many carbs is evil but I love fruit!  Now I can eat it.  I always thought that God's foods were the best foods and now I am finally getting to put that into practice.  
I am addicted to sugar/starches and have been cleaning out my pantry.  It is amazing how much was in there.  
I do have a question that may be answered in the book but I can't seem to find it:  why is oatmeal not allowed?  I would think something that was 100% whole oats would be.  If it is the effect on the blood stream, I would imagine a banana would have the same effect.  Just wondering but not going to stray.

I love the quote by Adele Davis, a nutritionist of the 50s and 60s, who said, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.  Troy's book has a similar philosophy but just make sure you eat lunch like a PROTEIN prince!   ;D

I have fifty pounds to lose and it seems daunting but I will take it one day at a time.
Thank you for your book and this on-line community.
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Welcome to all of the newcomers...
Floyd,
We have several men with many pounds to lose and they all seem to be doing very well so far...hope you read their posts on the success boards!
Raine,
I hope to read soon of the apprehension as well as pounds leaving you......many people here have lost the weight they wanted and been able to keep it off by staying away from the foods that have made us overweight....which becomes easier as you break the addiction to these foods by following this plan...best of luck.
greenglass,
I was also addicted to sugars and starches...I was living off of them actually and feel more energetic and healthier without them...I liked your quote from Adele davis...I had never heard it but it makes such sense.
God bless,
ANG
Gene

Post by Gene »

I received my book from Troy, I was on the Atkins diet, lost 40 lbs, but went on a cruise, and guess what, gained most of it back, I had a lot of leg trouble with leg and groin cramps.
I have read this book three times, and I have started this diet from Troy. Cleaned out my cupboards today, went to store and stocked up on proper supplies. This is my second day , I think this will be a new way I will eat from now on.  will change my eating habits all around. Hanks for a new beginning Mr. Troy.
niki

Post by niki »

hi lori........i never knew that that quote was adele davis'.....i've read that so many times in articles on nutrition and i don't believe it was ever identified......
  50 pounds?....that's what i had to lose...i've lost betw 30-35 so far with MAYBE 10-15 to go.....i have an underactive thyroid so i lose slowly....but this is such a GREAT way to eat,i REALLY don't care how long it takes...and i was such a junk food addict.....but,once you stop eating all those unhealthy carbs that you thought you couldn't live without,you REALLY don't want them..i know it's hard to believe,but it's true....just MAKE SURE that you eat until full....that's really important.........
  the reason this works is that with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize,the cravings go away and you eat and are satisfied....oats are a grain...that's why they're not a good choice.......follow the program as it's written in the book and you WILL get your life on track and lose all the weight you want to lose....................i wish you success....niki   
niki

Post by niki »

hi raine...i know it looks too good to be true........but it works...WE have all learned that from experience....you'll see....i don't have cravings....it takes me hours to be hungry....when i eat,i'm very satisfied... you're going to love this wonderful program of eating....it's changed my life.................God bless you.............niki
niki

Post by niki »

hi floyd..you're come to the right place...read the book and if you have any questions,don't hesitate to ask..you can do this......niki
greenglass
New, but learning

Post by greenglass »

Thank you Niki for your inspiration.  Losing fifty pounds will take awhile but it didn't get there overnight (although it did SEEM like it).  How long have you been on the diet?  I don't have an underactive thyroid but it always takes me longer to lose than just about any one I know.

Thank you Mr. Wilson for this book.  It seems sensible, safe, and scrumptious!

God bless,
Lori