Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by niki »

hi jennifer...i think it's great that you have been inspired by your brother to start the program....you now have the means to become your ideal weight.........personally,i can't wait to shop....i remember the days when everything i tried on looked good on me..all my shopping experiences for years have been TRYING to find ONE thing that would make me look not as fat as i was...
   i just looked back at your brother's post to refresh my memory...that is SOME success story......when you speak to him,tell him i send my congratulations for his continued success.............
   you WON'T be on it that long before the cravings are GONE...and THEN it won't matter to you WHAT anyone else eats....my 26 year old son and 28 year old daughter live with me,along with my 6 year old grandson.....none of them are on "let's do lunch"......especially with my grandson in the house,i have loads of stuff in the house..................when i used to "diet" i used to buy ice cream....but i would buy the flavors i didn't like....i never bought my favorites......whatever i bought,i would buy the type or flavor i didn't like so i would be less tempted.....NOW,i have my favorite flavors and types of snacks and i really couldn't care less...they mean nothing to me...................the only thing for you is that you'll have to do a little more cooking.....but,if you plan it well,it won't be that difficult........i usually make a big pot of bean soup once a week and i eat it all week...you could do that and freeze portions for yourself...there are loads of easy bean soup recipes....i posted a really easy greek bean soup and i also posted a lentil soup recipe..there's mary's white bean soup and israeli chickpea soup......there are so many...and to get more info on beans,check the discussion board "beans..they're what's for lunch AND dinner"and tips for healthy living"eat beans and be a string bean"...eating beans helps to REALLY stabilize your blood sugars which is what makes cravings a thing of the past.........see,i spent most of my life thinking there was something wrong with me that i was hungry so much of the time and thought about food so much.....that it was a personality flaw...meanwhile,eating this way has allowed me to change from a person who lived to eat, to a person who eats to live............
   make sure you eat until full...and keep snacks handy so that you're NEVER HUNGRY..........
   i'm so happy for you and your brother...welcome to our boards....................sincerely,niki

Last edited by niki on July 18th, 2006, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

My name is Mary and I just finished reading LDL.  I've been trying to lose 50 lbs on a low carb high protein lifestyle for about 5 weeks to no avail.  The one good thing is that I am no longer eating sugar.  Praise The Lord!  But, I have not lost one pound on this "other" diet.  I started following LDL today by eating all kinds of fruit at dinner.  I'm not hungry so that's a good sign.  I'm grateful to have found LDL and this community.

Thank you.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
niki

Post by niki »

hi mary...how wonderful that you have found this wonderful program of eating......in the last 10 years or so,the way that i lost weight was low carbs.....but there were a number of times where i didn't lose ANY weight at all.....you have around the same amount of weight to lose that i did...i've lost around 30 pounds in 6 months....i would like to lose another 15 maybe 20 pounds.....it was good losing it slowly...i think slower is better than faster...i have an underactive thyroid and hadn't lost weight for years..i didn't plan it that way...that was as much as my body would lose even though i eat the basic program and don't add a lot of things.........
  you now have the opportunity to lose ALL THE WEIGHT YOU WANT TO LOSE.............make sure you eat until full..keep snacks handy so that you're NEVER HUNGRY....God bas blessed me with this wonderful program of eating and there is a blessing here for you too......i'm so happy that you're ready to grab hold of it and claim it.............God bless you...................niki 
jenibug530
New, but learning

Post by jenibug530 »

Thanks Niki!! I am excited about all the recipes on the board! I have looked through quite a few and can't wait to try them all!!!  I have read where you mentioned your thyroid problem? I actually did too, I had part of mine removed. I was actually hyperthyroid with a goiter but even so I gained and gained.  Since it has been removed (last May), I have gained approximately 20 lbs  >:(  I am very excited and my first 2 days have been a breeze!!!

Have a great week!!
hannahbanana

Post by hannahbanana »

Hello my name is Hannah, I am 11 yrs old.  My mom is ANG.  Thank you for praying for me, especially the nurse Niki.  God bless yall.  Hannah
niki

Post by niki »

hannahbanana....seeing your post on these boards and answering you has made my day.....you are so special to the Lord and He has such special plans for your life.....i'm going to keep praying and keep praying like so many people are already and before you know it,all this will be a distant memory to you...i'm so glad that you know the Lord and i'm so glad that you are already eating the let's do lunch way........we're all going to see you through this together...........your friend,niki  
Last edited by niki on July 25th, 2006, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
colleen717

Post by colleen717 »

Hi everyone,
My name is Colleen.  I live in Los Angeles county and I caught the end of a radio interview with Roger Troy a couple of weeks ago.  I was intrigued so I bought the book.  God bless you, Roger Troy, for giving this gift to those of us who feel desperate and hopeless.
I have 100 pounds to lose.  My biggest concern is that I strongly dislike beans, peas and most soups!  (I only like green beans and bean sprouts.)  Any ideas from the LDL veterans?
I've tried every program, diet and gimmick in the past to lose weight so I will appreciate your prayers as I begin.
Thank you and God bless...
niki

Post by niki »

hi colleen..........i'm very happy that you heard roger speak and now know about let's do lunch....first of all,as far as the beans go,would you be willing to try any of the pureed soups?..that would be a good way of getting beans into your diet without tasting them....
  with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,you will start to have less cravings......and you'll just have to work around the things you don't like..you don't like peas,but you'll eat corn....you might not lose as fast,but you'll lose weight as your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings subside.............eat the fruit in the morning(and whenever)..eat popcorn...soynuts....don't let yourself be hungry.................YES.it can be done...you have the book...you can see the allowable foods that you can eat...look through the recipe boards and maybe something might look good to you that you thought you wouldn't like........ask all the questions you like........we're here to help each other and to help you........sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on July 25th, 2006, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
irongirl

Post by irongirl »

Hello everyone
I was just given the LDL book this morning by my mom who I believe saw it on tv.  I have a seven month old baby so I've only been able to read the first few pages with many interruptions but I already feel a deep connection to RT's words.  God always sends me exactly what I need, when I need it. 

I'm 34, a Christian, a very blessed mom, a wife and an accountant for one of the most prestigious sporting organizations in the world and I'm tired of being fat.  I'm tired of ppl looking shocked when I tell them where I work, like everyone behind the scenes should look like athletes. (??)  But it reinforces daily my struggle and I'm tired of the struggle.  I'm ready for something that works.  I have more reading to do so ta ta for now, I'm sure I'll be back.
love in Christ,
Jennifer
setting a goal and sticking with it...
www.irongirl.com
niki

Post by niki »

hi kay...thank you for sharing that...sometimes i just think that when someone doesn't like something,it's forever...that's great that you've come to like eating beans.........i really don't think that there's anything i would rather have that is such a perfect food......i feel a little discouraged sometimes when i talk to someone about this program and they tell me they don't like beans...but i'm encouraged by what you say......and now,when i talk to someone i'll tell them about you(is that alright?)..my friend at work,the other day,said to me"does the author of this book know how often you plug it?"....it changed my life....how can i not?....niki 
niki

Post by niki »

hey jennifer......i'm so glad you have the book in your possession and might be reading it as i write this... i have been so blessed by this program of eating..and there's a blessing for EVERYONE who looks....if you have any questions or concerns,please don't hesitate to ask....on these boards you have some completed works and some works in progress...there's not likely to be at least one person who hasn't been through some problem you might have............welcome to our boards.............niki
Last edited by niki on July 23rd, 2006, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irongirl

Post by irongirl »

Thank you all for your kind words and support!  I am doubly excited now as I have gotten through most of the book.  I really feel nervous right now though because we are going grocery shopping after church and I haven't had time to read through any of the recipes.  I'm just going to get fruit and chicken breasts and go to the store again after I know more. 
And no sir, I am not a Southern girl, I was born and raised in Minnesota!  I was born on the Iron Range and lived in Cloquet until we had had it with the cold and moved to sunny FL.  Have to run to church now but just wanted to get a quick thank you in and please know I will be thanking the Lord today for all of you!  I am so excited for this journey to begin.
love in Christ,
Jennifer
setting a goal and sticking with it...
www.irongirl.com
colleen717

Post by colleen717 »

Dear Niki, Roger Troy, Mary, imkay23 and everyone who sent me positive thoughts and prayers,
Thank you for your support and encouragement and the suggestions.  I will definitely try the recipes you all recommended.  Since not liking beans is mostly a "texture thing", the pureed beans will probably be fine. 
While I am reading the posts on the message boards I feel such a sense of genuine caring - no judging.  That in itself is inspiring.  ;D
I am very excited to begin my new life with LDL tomorrow!
God bless us every one!
Colleen