Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by niki »

hi colleen....it's just that this whole program has been such a blessing to me literally changing my life..i just want to see as many people as possible be blessed by it also..........AND i want to see SUCCESS so we can all be losers together..........utilize the resource of these boards....there were times in the first few months thta i might have been tempted to eat something i shouldn't ...but,i knew i'd want to be honest about it on the boards....so that kept me on the straight and narrow....it was a GOOD thing...because it's now been 6 months and this way of eating has become so ingrained upon me,i think i'd have to MAKE myself eat something i'm not supposed to eat............
  so keep in touch....any problems,issues or concerns?.....we're all here to help you...........have a blessed day.............................niki
Tori

Post by Tori »

I would like to welcome all of our new members, and let you know that if you need anything .... anything at all! .... make sure to email one of us, or post here on the boards. We are all here to help and support you along your way! (:

God bless you today!
Tori
leanerme56
New, but learning

Post by leanerme56 »

Hi everyone ,  My name is Darlene.  I found out about ldl on local tv.  I have to admit , before I received the book I started reading the boards here to get an idea on how to start.  I was so taken with Mr. Wilson's great personality and spirit.  I also have prayed that something like this would change my life.  After ordering the book at my bookstore and finally getting it yesterday I can see from the last week I have been pretty much doing all the right foods.  These soups are terrific! I love beans in any shape or form anyway lol...and had no idea that my cravings would stop right away!  The fruit and smoothies in the mornings are just wonderful!  Just eating the foods mentioned here on the boards I lost 6 pounds ..I know some is water weight but I feel so good!  I feel so full today its amazing.  I never dreamed I could be this full and happy and losing.  God Bless you all ...I am so inspired by all of you!  ty ty again and again... :)
niki

Post by niki »

hi darlene........already on it..already successful...that's wonderful....make sure you continue to eat until full and keep the more portable snacks handy so that you are never hungry..........questions?.......any issues or concerns?...fire away.............welcome to our boards....niki   
nlw57

Post by nlw57 »

Hi, I have just finished reading the LDL book and plan to start on this new way of eatting tomarrow. I am really excited about this new adventure. I think I will be able to follow the program fine at home but I am a little concerned about when I am traveling. I have 3 weeks off so this is a good time for me to start. Hopefully this will be a step toward a new life for me. I am about 100 lbs over weight and recently divorced. It has been a long road and I am ready for a new start.
Be Blessed Everyone,
Nancy
Tori

Post by Tori »

Well, Nancy, welcome to the family! Travelling is sometimes hard, but it *can* be done! Just take a cooler with you, and fill it full of fresh fruits, bottles of cold water, and whatever other LDL snacks you like!

We are so glad that you have joined us, and we look forward to getting to know you better in the future! (:

Tori
nlw57

Post by nlw57 »

Thanks, I am excited as I get started. Today, I am doing my shopping and cleaning out my cupboards. I do have a question though. My daughter works nights, 4 days on 2 off. How can we help her with her meals. I really don't know when to give her the protien based meal? Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Nancy
niki

Post by niki »

hi nancy...i happen to be working nights the next couple of weeks,so i plan on taking fruit to work at night..i'm going to come home in the morning and sleep..and when i wake up,i'll probably eat fruit again and then wait until i get hungry and eat my protein meal..that's what works for me...whenever your daughter eats the most,that's the time she should eat that big meal..i do it the way i do it because i don't like to go to sleep right after eating....so that's what i suggest...........niki
Gammamel
New, but learning

Post by Gammamel »

Hi, my name is Melodie and I'm brand new to the board and the diet.  Bought the book on Friday and began the program on Saturday.  So far I love it.  The smoothies really fill me up.
niki

Post by niki »

hi melodie..that's great that you already have the book and have already started the program....make sure that you EAT UNTIL FULL..you aren't on a diet...and keep snacks handy so that you're NEVER HUNGRY...popcorn,soynuts,roasted chick peas(if you can find them)....this program changed my life and it can do the same for you,,,,,ask all the questions you want...anything you're in doubt about,don't hesitate to ask...............welcome to our boards..........niki
stephanieh1967

Post by stephanieh1967 »

Hi my name is Stephanie and I saw the program on the news the other day, I am hoping that this will be the last eating lifestyle change I ever need, I have done them all and always gain it back, I weigh 300 pounds and I am misserable, my oldest son won't bring friends home and always comments on how hot his friends moms are my youngest son is always telling me I am fat not in a mean way but if he sees a overweight person in a store or something it is always look mommy they are fat like you. My husband says it does not matter to him how I look but as I see him double look taking on thin women I know that is what he really prefers I come to this conclusion because I never see him double look on a heavy woman or even single look for that matter. Unfortunately I am still waiting for my book to arrive I ran right to barnes and noble on sunday after the news aired and I was the 20th person to inquire on this book in the first hour so I put one on hold when they come in because they are only getting 10 in but have already put in an order for more. So hopefully this will be my success and I will finally be able to look and feel good about myself. 
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Stephanie,
I am so glad you found LDL, I promise to pray for you and assure you if you make the adjustments needed your life will change!! I am certain it is upsetting for your own family members to cause more pain and insecurities, more than likely your kids think insulting you will help motivate you.  Kids do not always understand it causes more depression and insecurities.  If I were you I would sit down with your family and explain that you know you are heavy and definitely unhappy, but you promise to make changes and need their love and support.  If they see the pain they are inflicting they may be willing to encourage you....after all friends come and go in their lives BUT you will always be there!  I wish you the best of luck!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

here it is stephanie...you are on the threshold of losing ALL the weight you want to lose and being just the size you want to be....you're going to improve your health and be around longer to torture your children for years to come the way God intended..........just sit tight and let's do lunch is going to do all the work for you...i KNOW it sounds so easy..BUT it's true.........with the absence of sugars/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars will stabilize and the cravings will be GONE..all the delicious homemade bean soups and cold bean salads will maintain those stable blood sugars and keep you full and satisfied.........
   EAT UNTIL FULL...you're not on a diet.......keep snacks handy....popcorn with "i can't believe it's not butter" spray or olive oil spray......eat all the beans,corn,peas,vegetables and lean protein that you need to eat until full................
  don't even think about how anyone sees you....God sees who you REALLY are and loves you more than you even know..........
  you'll start this program and will confound your family when they see your results...........did you know that roger's wife anita took him to the dr because he was eating SO much AND losing weight that she was afraid he was sick..........................
  so i thank God for you,roger, because i would never have known about this....my life would never have been changed........i wouldn't have been AS blessed as i am now..........i have this pair of steel grey wool pants that i bought to wear with a black wool blazer...i'm glad i never gave it away....when roger is interviewed on "the view"(not yet scheduled) ,i'm going to wear it........PRAISE GOD................very sincerely,niki 
Last edited by niki on August 1st, 2006, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theresa
New, but learning

Post by Theresa »

hi my name is Theresa and I am  waiting for my book.  I can't wait to start.    I have lots of health issues and medicines so I have a hard time losing weight.  I just pray this is the answer for me.  I'm excited to start
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi everyone...  My name is Betty, I'm 54 years old and I just purchased the  LDL book a few days ago.  My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds.  I have been spending the past couple of days reading all the very interesting information on this board.   Hopefully a month from now I will be posting how much I have LOST so far!!!   :)

One thing I would like to know is,  I love pecans and am wondering if it is okay to eat them in moderation or should I not eat them at all.  Thanks! 
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi, Betty! I don't have a copy of the book handy but, alas, nuts and seeds are not part of the plan as they're just too darned full of fat (and quite addicting!) When desiring nuts, try some roasted chick peas or soy nuts instead (with or w/o raisins mixed in), or even some Corn Thins spread with the SF IM Healthy Soy Nut Butter. Kill that craving with something else that tastes good and is good for you. Good luck! :) nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi betty...i'm very glad you found let's do lunch....you'll lose that extra weight in no time and you'll make changes for the better to your health........
  the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and makes cravings a thing of the past....
  i'm sorry but,no,nuts are not a good idea and soynuts,popcorn and dried roasted chick peas are VERY good replacements..........
  the 2 most important things i recommend to people is to eat until full because you're NOT on a diet....and never be hungry...keep the more portable snacks around......keep reading the boards...there's a lot of info here and LOADS of recipes....
  beans are my new addiction(that and fruit)...look for new recipes...eat and enjoy while your body whittles itself down to the perfect size for YOU..........sincerely,niki
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi Niki,  Thanks for the info on pecans.  Guess I won't be eating those anymore.  I used to eat them by the handfulls almost daily.  No wonder I need to lose this extra weight along with all my other bad eating habits!  I love popcorn so that will help to relieve the pecan craving.  I have been eating the  LDL way faithfully for 4 days now and it really does help the constant craving for food all day long.  I will be on the boards daily from now on.  Betty
niki

Post by niki »

hi betty...that's great knowing you're already in production and on the road to being craving free......keep up the good work...............niki