Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tcasola
Administrator

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by tcasola »

I was away from the board for a day, and all these new people have joined !!

Sam, Lus, Norine, Natalie, Ruby (aka Brenda), I just want to say Welcome to the LDL family. The Lord has guided you here for a reason. Be prepared to lose weight, and not feel hungry or guilty. And be prepared to have some of the greatest people you'll ever meet in your corner willing to help you in any way then can !!

Praise the Lord that this family keeps on growing !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Najdhe

Post by Najdhe »

Thanks for all the helpful hints about beans.  I'm encouraged already that this won't be an issue for long!  I've been rinsing the beans after soaking them, but hadn't thought about rinsing them once again, so I'll give that a try.  I'll also try out the search engine.  Thanks again!!  I'm already looking forward to a thinner me! 

Natalie
Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Hello.... I found LDL on TV a whileback, on one of the Christian stations, and just received the book. I have read just the first 2 chapters so far, which tells Roger's story.   All of his experiences just "jumped off the pages at me", because I have also experienced a lot of the same throughout my life.   I am a 64 year old man, and have battled with obesity since I was a teenager.... tried all different diets and programs to no avail..... same old story, huh? 

I've already gotten some encouragement from this board, although this is my first post.

I'll be honest......  I need help!  I should lose about 75 lbs (which seems like a mountain to me), and I'm willing to really give this a try.  I know that with prayer and blessings from the Lord, that I CAN do this and see positive results.

I'm looking forward to reading the entire book, and getting started with "LDL".

Thanks for having me!

Mike
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hi Mike,  and WELCOME!

You will definitely be able to do this!!  We all have stories and many of them sound the same - the end result is that you WILL lose the weight!

I've been on this program since August 26th, and in those three months have dropped 20 pounds.  Big deal?  Maybe not to some, but I've NEVER EVER been hungry!  The recipes on this board are fantastic, so not only will you be eating until you are full, but you will be eating food that is fabulous!

Keep reading, do searches for questions you might have, as they may have been answered already (the search button is at the top of the page, right in the middle).  If you can't find the answer, feel free to ask away!  This board is filled with the most wonderful caring people you will ever have the pleasure of communicating with.

Post often, you have now gained a BUNCH of personal cheerleaders from all over the world!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

hi mike....i'm so glad you heard about let's do lunch,have the book and are on the road to a better way of life...
  wait til you see how easy this is....you DON'T need any willpower(REALLY,it's true)...you just eat the allowable foods until full..the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and the cravings are gone...once you get to that point,the foods you thought you couldn't live without(pasta,potatoes,etc)mean NOTHING to you.....eating beans and fruit maintains those stable blood sugars keeping you full and satisfied...
  let's do lunch has changed my life...you won't be disappointed.....get ready to be blessed...........sincerely,niki
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Natalie and Mike, Sam, Lus, Norine and Ruby,

Welcome aboard!  This plan definately works and you will NOT find a nicer group of people anywhere. 

Mike, don't worry, 75 lbs may seem like a mountain to you, but to God it's just a drop in the bucket.  I still have over 200 to lose but I know I am going to make it.  It's already working for me!  And like Little Mary told me when I joined, there IS a blessing here for you.

Miss Natalie, I had the same problem with gas when I first started.  It seems that some of us just take a bit longer to adjust to the starches.  It has improved greatly for me.  I am one of those people with very very little extra time on my hands so I use the canned beans most of the time.  I have also found that I have much less problem with that when the beans are puried (spelling?)  in soups and such.  Just give it time and give it a chance and I promise you will be losing weight before you know it.  ;D

Welcome to the family everyone! 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Tori »

Image to all of our new members!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! (:
cdavid

Post by cdavid »

Dear Roger,
  Thank you, thank you, for sharing your revelations about eating. I read Let's Do Lunch one month ago and I can finally say that I have found my life long way of eating. My cravings are gone and I feel enlightened and lightened. So far, without feeling hungry I have lost six pounds. I've been on many diets and participated in support groups, but I couldn't succeed. I consider myself an intelligent person, so I couldn't understand why I couldn't conquer my weight problem. The rest of the  programs out there make people feel that there is some psychological problem that needs to be conquered.  Now I know that I never had the right information.  I am truly grateful for Let's Do Lunch. Cheryl
Cheryl
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to the family Cheryl! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. All of us here are a great big family and one of us has probably faced the same or similar situations or had the same question. Please come to the boards frequently and participate in the helping of others as well as the silliness we get going here! Speaking of: If  any of you newcomers live in  the Southern CA area some of us are getting together Next Sunday for a LDL put the faces to the names lunch at Olive Garden in Santa Ana Here's the info.

Olive Garden Restaurant
2800 N main Street
Santa Ana, CA
(714-541-5211)

Sunday, November 5th
1:00PM

We'd love to have more than just a few of us to get together!!!
Again Welcome to all the new folks!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

cdavid wrote: The rest of the  programs out there make people feel that there is some psychological problem that needs to be conquered.  Now I know that I never had the right information..

you hit the nail on the head there,cheryl....i spent my whole life thinking there was something wrong with me that i was hungry when noone else was.....that what i was going to eat next preoccupied so many of my thoughts....and NOW,that stuff has no power over me...AND IT'S GREAT.....i have bags of candy in my house for halloween that might just as well be made out of cardboard for all the appeal they have for me....i spent the last week cooking and baking for my father and my daughter's birthday today....i couldn't have cared less...i LOVE that food no longer has ANY POWER OVER ME.........
   the longer you're on this program,the more you'll see how the absence of cravings almost becomes a distaste for the foods you thought you couldn't live without.......when you tell me you already have no cravings,i know you're on the right track......if you have any questions or concerns,please don't hesitate to voice them........welcome to our boards.........niki   
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Cheryl,
Welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss thus far!!  Keep in touch with us!
ANG
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

you're right niki-----I baked on Monday and Friday for a craft and bake sale.  I never licked a spoon or finger or tasted anything after it was baked!!  I didn't want to.  That for me is a miracle.
Linda
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

AGAIN?????  LOOK NIKI.....IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAYS "YOURE RIGHT"!!!! LOL
skturnermo

Post by skturnermo »

HI, MY NAME IS SUSIE. I SAW ROGER ON CHANNEL 2 LAST WEEK. IMMEDIATELY WENT IN AND ORDERED HIS BOOK.  HAVE BEEN READING IT ALL WEEKEND AND MAKING MY GROCERY LIST SO I CAN GET TO MAKING SOME OF THE GREAT SOUNDING RECIPES.  I WOULD LIKE TO LOSE 30-35 POUNDS BY SUMMER '07. 
MY HUSBAND IS DIABETIC AND 300 LBS.  GOING TO TRY THIS FOR HIM ALSO. 
WISH ME LUCK.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Ya'll can do this Susie!  You'll both have such a changed life soon! Welcome.
Rena

Post by Rena »

Hello Tori,  I purchased the LDL book last week, read it cover to cover and went grocery shopping Sunday with the shopping list for the book (very nice!). Today is my first day, it is going well so far.  I noticed this a.m. when I stepped on the scale my weight has sky rocketed, yet again, and I now have 44 #'s to loose.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
Tori

Post by Tori »

Hi Rena!

Just remember that your body weight can fluctuate up 5-7 pounds on any given day. (Water retention, etc.) Don't let the scale freak you out. LOL! If I were you, I would just ignore the scale totally for the first month or two, and watch how your body changes instead. My scale hasn't said that I have dropped a ton of weight yet, but I am definitely dropping sizes.

Hang in there, and if you ever want to chat, just let me know! (:

Tori
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Tori,
Taking your picture that way, you remind me of the "neighbor" on Tim Allen's sitcom. lol

[Note: This comment was made when Tori's picture was one shot by herself in the mirror; her face was hidden by the camers. She changed her picture and this comment now makes no sense...]
Last edited by EnJae on November 8th, 2006, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
tallyrand

Post by tallyrand »

Hello everyone, my name is Dave, and I received a copy of LDL Sunday.  It was given to me by a complete stranger at church, new in the bag.  She didn't say anything but "This is for you." I took it and she walked off.  I didn't look in the bag until I was back into my car.  Now a typical reaction of a person being given a diet book by a complete stranger could be less than polite, but my weight is something that I had been praying about for some time, so I looked at this as answered prayer and opportunity. 

I sat down and read the entire book that night, and I have faith and  believe that this is something I can do.

I am 32 years old, 6'3", and have a large frame, but I currently weigh in excess of 450 lbs.  I have browsed this board some, and love the amount of help and support it provides. I hope to become an active member of this community, and eventually to post as a success story!

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Dave