Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Paul

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Paul »

Hi everyone, my name is Paul and I just received, "Let's Do Lunch." I am a diabetic and I keep trying to loose weight but no such luck. I am 63 and 5' 11" and weigh 225. I have always been heavy, even in my 20's. Which wasn't that long ago, hahaha
I fell off the roof trying to repair a leak and fractured my ankle and tore my tendon in half. It is repairing quite well, but of course I gained a few pounds while recouperating.
I hate to exercise but love to eat. I don't eat a lot but it's always the wrong kind of food. Hopefully with the help of the book, I can loose the lbs I want or need to loose.
So I don't bore anyone I will go back to my book.
Thanks,
Paul
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Welcome aboard Paul.....I am glad your ankle is healing well..There are several diabetics including my father inlaw and brother in law who have been successful with LDL.  Read your book many times....I found LDL last October and have lost count of how many times I have read it.  The good thing is exercies is not necessary for it to work.  My husband is practically bed ridden following 4 back surgeries and he is successful on the program, although a little slower than others I am sure.  Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

hey paul...you are in the right place.....this program of eating is WONDERFUL for diabetics.and roger lost all the weight he lost without exercising at all(although exercise is especially important for diabetics)..take a look at the medical success board under "type 2 diabetics"...AND when you are successful,be sure to share your success in that topic.......i think it's GREAT that a diabetic can eat the same way as any let's do luncher and lose weight AND control their diabetes....
  you're going to eat until full of all the allowable foods from all the food groups.....check out all the recipes....beans are great for stabilizing blood sugars that get rid of the cravings......
  you have more reasons than many to make let's do lunch work...and you reap double rewards by getting down to your ideal weight AND controlling your blood sugars.......
  please tell me how long you've been a diabetic and what kind of medication you take(if you don't mind)...welcome to our boards...............niki 
dabisfree

Post by dabisfree »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Debbie. I haven't read the book yet, but I do plan on
buying it. I do hope to get some good recipes for lunches for work
and easy and healthy meals for dinner.
Thank You,

Good Luck God Bless
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome, Dab! Start searching thru the boards right now for those recipes and you'll be able to start your plan with tonight's dinner, tonight's snack, and tomorrow's breakfast! Lots of very tasty recipes on these pages. Good luck to you! ........nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi debbie...get the book and give it a try...this has changed my life and the lives of SO many people on these boards.....the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and gets rid of the cravings....you eat until you're full while you watch yourself shrink.....i got my book from christianbook.com for $16.99... 
  try it,you'll like it.....niki 
eddie1953

Post by eddie1953 »

Hello all,I just watched Troy on ABC this morning talking about his diet.Have been on every diet under the sun and also lift weights 4 times a week when I am back on the wagon which is the winter months.But its hard to work out and diet  because of my body's needs. But just what I've heard so far this might work.I would like to chat with other weight lifts on this diet if possible.I am 53 years old and very active.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome, Eddie! You've come to the right place. Can't recall offhand if there are any other weightlifters out there. They may be just lurking right now! Do you do anything aerobic in addition to lifting weights? What does your trainer have to say about your food intake? You can start on the plan today with your very next meal w/o even having the book in hand. Search the Recipe boards and get cooking with what you have on hand! :) Wishing you success! ........nyKath
Mike

Post by Mike »

Eddie, I have not lifted in years, however I can tell you that if I would have known about this way of eating 25 years ago, I would have thrown the protein powder away... You will have more energy, and feel so much better on this program than anything else you have tried.  Just remember if  you lift for bulk, you might gain a little before you lose. Muscle weighs more than fat... I still think you should try this program, you will like the way it makes you feel.  Good luck. Mike
Michelle_k

Post by Michelle_k »

Hi everyone I'm Michelle and I have been looking for a way to maintain a healthy weight... have no problems staying at the weight I am now ... only problem is it is about 23 kgs over what I want to be.... Ihave been lo-carbing but keep going off it.. at the moment I am using replacement meals (not great, but helping get me off carbs) and I have just ordered the Lets do Lunch book from Amazon.
I am in Australia so will take a while to get here, but I am looking forward to reading & starting on it...  :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Michelle, Go to the section in the general discussion boards titled "Lose Weight" by Roger.  This message gives the entire program in a nutshell.  Regardless of weather you want to stay at your current weight or you want to lose, you can do it on this eating program.  You will never be hungry again. Eat all y ou want of LDL foods, and enjoy the results. More energy, eating healthy, not having to count anything, etc. it doesn't get any better than that.  If you have questions after you get started, there hundreds of us that have done what you are about to do, and we are here and willing to help you. All you have to do is ask... Good luck... Mike
szelisk

Post by szelisk »

Hello,

My name is Susan.  Today is the first day on the program.  My husband and I heard about the LDL program on the news yesterday morning.  Of, course I had to see if this was a diet I could live with.  I have Celiac disease.  Since I was diagnosed 3 years ago I gained about 40lbs.  I was total amazed when I was reading the book, almost everything in this program I could actually eat without getting sick!!! 

So far, so good!!!

Thanks
Susan
lhernandez
New, but learning

Post by lhernandez »

Hello everyone. I am Lisa Hernandez, yes the wife of Richard Hernandez. I am new to the message board but not new at LDL. This has truly been a blessing for not only me, but my girls and husband as well. I cannot even refer to it as a diet. It is a change in our eating habits, a much healthier one and it couldn't be any easier to follow.

Thank you Roger for sharing this with all of us. It has been a lifesaver for sure and I cannot thank you enough.

Lisa
:)
niki

Post by niki »

hello lisa..it's great to have you on the boards.....i hope your leg is completely healed..the success in your family is inspiring......especially your daughters...NOW,we just have to get delia on the boards......
  keep up the good work...................sincerely,niki
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

welcome to the boards babe...it's about time...

guys here is the person that I have been sharing this LDL journey with and trust me without her by my side , encouraging and going forward each day to show our family how LDL is the only way for us to lose weight and keep it off this journey would be much harder. she has been there for me since the word go and we haven't looked back.

I love her more than she will ever fully appreciate or understand.

rh
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

that's wonderful....what a blessing you both share...........in Him,niki