Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Queenie »

LISA!!!!!!!!

So glad you decided to join your hubby here on the boards!  Richard tells us about you all the time - wonderful stuff, too!

Can't wait to hear your opinions first hand.  Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
lhernandez
New, but learning

Post by lhernandez »

Thank you all. The leg is not doing so well, but the diet has been great!! Yes it is about time I got on the board to chat as well. Richard reads me some of the discussions from time to time and it is really enjoyable to hear everybody's success stories. Convincing my family to get rid of some of the things we all loved, tortillas, was really tough and we all know it is not easy to do this alone. Thank god Richard happened to be running a little late for work one day and happened to catch Roger on the TV, it truly has changed our lives and he helped me to convince my husband that it was the best thing for all of us. His knees are not hurting him anymore and believe me, that is a godsend in itself.

Susan - Recently we went back to my home state of Colorado on vacation so that I could visit my family. My nephew was just recently diagnosed with celiac disease as well. We talked to her and explained the LDL and it actually is a really good thing for this disease from what she told me. Both her and my mom/dad have since gotten the book/recipe cards, etc. and we share recipes with them as well. This has just been an all around great thing.

Richard - Yes I do know and I love you very much too. We are blessed for sure!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi lisa...if they're not on the boards(recommend us)would you post on the medical success board whatever success they have managing the celiac's disease with let's do lunch..whoever does this first,please create a new topic for celiac's disease....thank you so much....let's deal with what can be treated by diet with let's do lunch and help as many people as possible take back the control of their lives....................thank you........niki     
lhernandez
New, but learning

Post by lhernandez »

Yes niki I sure will. In fact I will check in with my sister today and see how things are going and I will start a new topic on this.

Thanks
TINAV

Post by TINAV »

Hi my name is Tina and I ordered the book lets do lunch but have not recieved it yet. I was told to login and ask someone to help be get started before recieving my book so if anyone is willing to do so I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
                                    Tina Voyles
niki

Post by niki »

hi tina...once you get the book you'll have a better understanding of everything.....but while you're waiting,my suggestion to you is that you cut out the sugar and junkfood to get your body ready to go on the program....
  the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and kills the cravings....loads of fruit and beans give you loads of fiber and help keep your blood sugars stable to carry you through every day.....
  make sure you eat until full...you're not on a diet...and keep snacks handy so that you're never hungry.....
  read all the different posts which will give you a good understanding of everything and welcome to our boards...............................sincerely,niki
jlkyre

Post by jlkyre »

Hi, I'm new and want to get started ASAP.  I believe God sent you my way.  I've tried every diet out there to no avail and keep getting bigger.  Hoping this works for me like it is for all of you.  I need to lose 60 lbs. and waiting patiently for my book.  Joyce
lhernandez
New, but learning

Post by lhernandez »

It will work for you. It just takes a committment on your part. In all honesty, we all know the foods we shouldn't eat, breads, cakes, potato's, etc. It is just hard to give some of those things up. But I promise you if you follow this exactly the way Roger says in the book, you will feel great in no time and the weight will begin to drop. It is one of the easiest eating programs I have ever tried and I know it's a whole lot healthier for me and my family. Beans and Fruit are the 2 most important foods on this. They will help get rid of any cravings you may have for pastas or sweets.

Welcome aboard
niki

Post by niki »

hi joyce...start out by cutting out sugar and junk food...on this program,the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and the fiber in the fruit and beans really maintains and sustains that...
  this wonderful program of eating has changed my life and has the potential to do that for anyone....check the boards for all the specifics..ask ANY and ALL questions.......make sure you EAT UNTIL FULL...you're not on a diet........i wish you success.......niki
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome, Joyce! And it can't be said often enough, don't wait for your book! Read thru the boards and start with the very next thing you put in your mouth be it a snack or a meal. The snack ideas are all here along with fabulous recipes to try. Toss out the junk in the house (or at least hide it so it's not right in front of you if you have others around who eat that kind of stuff), make some soup, make a giant salad, pop some corn, and you'll be on your way! Good luck to you....:) nyKath
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Welcome Aboard Lisa and Joyce!!!!!  We are all in this boat together and its great we can count on each other for support during the tougher times.  I too am in charge of preparing all the meals for my husband and family who are on this plan as well and I am so pleased to see him come around and actually enjoy this food and start to crave it over the high fat/high carb foods we were consuming before.  Looking forward to hearing about all your successes. 
GoD BlEsS
DEBBIE
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Post by Aspentroll »

Hello all:
I'm from Alberta, Canada and I am very pleased to have found out about
"Let's Do Lunch".  We were on a holiday and while killing some time watching
TV in the Motel room,  up came the topic on the TV.

I am quite a few pounds overweight and have done just about all the different
diets with some success.  However, the "diets" always seemed to leave you wanting for your favorite foods.  This way of eating appeals to me and I really think  I can lose the weight and keep it off following the menus I've seen so far.

So....wish me luck,

Aspentroll
niki

Post by niki »

it's working for me and for so many other's on these boards...just make sure to eat until full and never let yourself be hungry(keep the more portable snacks handy)..i have been eating like this for 8 months...i've NEVER done any healthy program of eating that long...enjoy all the allowable foods from all the food groups...bon appetit...................welcome to our boards......niki
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hello back to ya!  You are going to like LDL. What more is there to say.  You will probably never find a better, more healthy and more friendly way to eat than with LDL.  Oh did I mention the great people you will meet also.  That's right!  You will meet the nicest people on LDL because they are all here to support you, because we have all discovered the same way of eating and been successful at it.  Should you have questions, or just want to join in on the humor, do not hesitate to jump on the boards.  Welcome aboard... Mike.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Good Luck to all.

My name is Gregg and I just found out I am diabetic. The doctor said that with diet and exercise I may be able to avoid pills and shots. I have battled weight most of my adult life. I always seem to put it back on. Our local Christian Book store is closing and I stopped by for some bargains before our Tuesday night Christ based 12 step meeting. Lets Do Lunch caught my eye. I read half of it late Tuesday and started the new way of life Wednesday morning. I know I need to lose at least 50lbs and maybe 60. I am weak when it comes to hunger. Sweets are not my problem. Eating too much of the wrong foods is what I do. If I had to choose between potato, bread or sweets it wouldn't even be a contest. The sweets could go. Still, I know it is time for a change. I believe the Lord is moving me to do so.

Had the fried eggs and popcorn for lunch and could not believe how good it tasted.

I have to go back to the Doctor in two weeks to check up on a leg infection, then in about three months to test my blood again. It will be interesting to see how much weight comes off in three months.

God Bless,

Gregg
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome Gregg;

You can do this! Be sure and check out the medical success boards relating to diabetes. I think you will be encouraged!

At first be sure to eat all you want, anytime you want, of LDL approved foods until the cravings stop. My problem has been sweets so I make sure I get enough fruit during the day (the beans are a delicious bonus to me).  Since your problem is the starches instead of the sweets, concentrate on beans, corn and peas. Once your cravings are gone, it's fruit for breakfast; veggies, lean meats and BEANS for lunch; and fruit or beans (or both) for supper.

Give glory to God;
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on November 8th, 2006, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

hi gregg...you are going to be able to lose all the weight you want to lose and manage your diabetes without taking ANY medication...and you're going to do this with NO will power, eating until full from all the food groups..
  i know this sounds too good to be true,but it is...nj is exactly right when she says that if the unhealthy complex carbs are your problem,the way to deal with that is to eat all you can eat of beans,corn and peas....the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars so the cravings are GONE....fruit and beans maintain that state and also give you loads of fiber to really keep you feeling full......
  you'll see for yourself,first hand,how awesome this program of eating is....you're going to go to the dr in 3 months and your blood sugars are going to be completely normal.....AND you'll see other improvements as well.....please be sure to post your success with your diabetes on the medical success board under the topic "type 2 diabetes" and any other successes on the medical board as well under it's topic......welcome to our boards...i wish you success.....................niki
niki

Post by niki »

gregg..i would like to clarify the statement i made regarding your being able to manage your diabetes without medication......AT NO TIME would i ever suggest to ANYONE that they EVER treat themselves or that they not take medication or that they NOT be under the care of a doctor...in fact,when i do diabetic teaching with my patients,i usually recommend to them that they see an endocrinologist to really manage it properly..
  you told me that your doctor told you that he thought it was likely you could be treated with diet and exercise..this tells me that your blood sugars are not really high....i also know that you are not presently on medication....doctors tell their patients to lose weight but without a viable plan to accomplish that....here before you is a plan.....my statement was only meant as a goal for you and for your doctor in his care of you.......
  sorry if you thought i meant anything different......God bless you as you strive to accomplish multiple goals resulting in your improved health.........niki