Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME to all you Newbies!  We know you are going to like this program just like the rest of us!  IT does get easier to follow as soon as we retrain our brains to THINK - LDL foods and style.

Again, WELCOME!  Please feel free to post any questions you may have.  Someone or many will try their best to answer them for you.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
hopiniga

Post by hopiniga »

Hi - I just found Roger's book at the library, I'm very impressed with the fact that he is donating all the profits from his book - it seems like a very sincere gesture on his part. I'd like my whole family to start eating more healthy, this seems like a reasonable way to do it.
  Any suggestions, recipies to share, etc. are very welcome
Thanks -
Bethany
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Bethany...You'll find an entire section here of recipes....main dishes, soups, salads, fruit, etc. Help yourself to any and all. And Welcome to LDL!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Welcome, Bethany!

Yes, by all means download any and all recipes from the recipe sections on these boards.  I did that and printed them and put them into a 3 ring binder.  Alot of the time I am not able to get on the net as dh has it tied up, so I thought this was I could sort through and have at my fingertips what was and is available.

WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunch!  Ask any and all questions you may have, and we will try to answer you as best we can!  Yes, this is a great way to feed a family!  It would make them very healthy without much work.

Next week I am supposed to have new labs drawn to check on my cholesterol readings and we will see where they are now compared to six to eight months ago.  They had dropped in one month, so I am anxious to see where they are now.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will lose the weight you want to lose!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi,
    I have been on LDL for 2 weeks today. I am amazed that i have no cravings. I have never gone this long without bread or candy.
    I just love the pizza soup.  The bean (potato) salad was wonderful. But I cannot get used to smoothies. I NEED to chew. I feel cheated if I do not chew my food. does anyone else have this problem? I do not like smoothies! :(  HELP
                                Thanks
                                          Kris :)
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
mrsmarymac

Post by mrsmarymac »

Hi-

I've been doing LDL for about a month now and lost a total of 11 pounds. I seem to have hit a bump in the road with no loss since the first 3 weeks (I know I should stay off the scale, but that is my new form of cheating!!!!) I totally believe that if I stick with this new lifestyle I will see a change! Thank you for all the helpful and encouraging words I see posted, it has really made a difference. As a side note my husband started a week later than me and has lost 15lbs! My kids have also incorporated much more fresh fruit for snacks. LDL has been great for all of us.

Mary
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Mary,

WELCOME to LDL and the lunch boards!  Yes, this will transform your family.  They will become healthier and feel so much better!

Men always seem to lose weight faster than women.  Don't let his weight loss discourage you.  It does seem like we hit plateaus.  But, 11 pounds in one month is almost 3 pounds per week.  Give your body time to adjust and you should start losing again.

Again, WELCOME to LDL and keep on keeping on.....

Jeanne
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to the family Newbies!!
First let me say to Kris: If you don't like smoothies, then have the whole fruit! No one said you HAVE to drink smoothies! Many of us find these handle cravings for sweet things like Ice cream or Milk shakes. I know I make mine so thick it takes me a good 30-40 minutes to finish it through the straw! One of the BEST parts of this plan is adjusting it to fit YOUR likings and YOUR lifestyle! Hope this helps.

Now Mary Mac, Don't get discouraged. We all lose at different rates. I know I lost my first 30 pounds in about 3 months and have now only lost another 14 1/2 pounds in the same amount of time. IF I were to look at it that way, I could very easily become discouraged. BUT if I average it out of 45 (for the sake of easier dividing) pounds in 6 months with each month having 4 weeks, then I've averaged just under 2 pounds a week! That's about what the docs recommend so that's great! Use other scales...clothes, mirror, how your body feels, lab tests.  Also...I firmly believe that Roger Troy is right that scales can and do lie to you. You may find yourself down 5 pounds one day and up 8 the next. Did you really gain 8 pounds over night? or lose 5 overnight? NO, the scale is lying to you maybe about retained water, something you ate that weighs a lot. etc.
You'll both do just fine! Just keep on working on it and you'll see results sooner than you may think!
Veronica
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Kris,

I have...NEVER...EVER...NEVER...EVER...NEVER...had a smoothie!  I always eat my fruit whole!  We really do NOT have to make smoothies...it  is just a way to get fruit into your body to jump start your metabolism in the morning.  FRUIT is FRUIT...whether it is whole on smushed up in smoothies!  So...don't feel bad about not liking smoothies...just join the bunch of us who eat WHOLE fruit in the A.M.'s or any other time!

Welcome to LDL and the lunch bunch.  Trust me...this works!  And the best part is that you are NOT hungry...and you feel better physically!

Jeanne
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Thanks everybody! I do like fruit. I have lost a couple of inches in the 2 weeks and more importantly I feel great . :)
                    Have a great day!
                                        Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Iambrnagain

Post by Iambrnagain »

Hi, I just registered and am glad to be here!

I have the book, now I'm ready to go!

God bless you all. :)
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME all you newbies.  Just ask any questions you may have on these boards and we will try our best to answer them.  We are all aiming for healthier, thinner, feeling better bodies (Temples of the Lord) and we are trying to help each other get to that goal.

Have a great day!

Jeanne
afr

Post by afr »

Tori wrote:The LDL team would like to welcome all of our new friends to Let's Do Lunch! Please take a moment to post here, and let us know you have joined the ranks of the LDL family.

This thread is meant as a "Meet and Greet", so please introduce yourselves, so we can welcome you properly!   ;D

God bless you, and again, welcome to our family!

The LDL Team
afr

Post by afr »

Hello,Everyone!
Woke up durring the night, clicked on the dvr to see what I was recording on the HomeKeepers show and wow! Roger and    Anita talking about LDL. A long time friend        had just asked me if I knew anyone who has had the Surgery for weight loss. Well,now she can concider LDL. I'll be sharing this with her when I get off work this evening...I'm so excited to tell her about LDL.Holy Spirit had me click on 'record' before I went to sleep.Also,I think LDL will help me too.
In Christian Love,AFR
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome AFR!

Most of us were led here by the Spirit. Isn't it amazing! Glad you're here and hope your friend comes with you. I am "NJ"  from Texas. I started LDL at 245# and I now weigh 220#. I am SO THANKFUL that Roger Troy listened to God and shared this with us. And I am thankful that at a time when each of us has been ready to be led by God, we find this eating plan.

EnJae
diane777

Post by diane777 »

Hi all....I just received this book from my daughter for mothers day and am too thrilled. This morning at 6.00 I was in the grocery store full of joy, with a grocery list completeyl different than my normal stuff. Looking forward to trying some of these great looking recepies.
Bless you, Diane
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome Diane!

How is it going on day 3 for you?

NJ in Texas