Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Gwennaford »

HEY -- I'm a FULL member now -- IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!  ::)

AH HA HA HA HA ;D
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Vernswifevickie

Post by Vernswifevickie »

Hi everyone. My name is Vickie and I am a new member here. I found out about this plan and site from Debbie (Debbiewebe) on another forum. I am not able to purchase the newest version of the book yet but I managed to get my hands on a used one. Hopefully it will be good enough to get me started until I can order the recent version. My used version of the book should be arriving in the mail any day now. In the meantime I am following a very basic plan, starting today, from what I have gleaned from lurking here. I am so excited and can hardley wait for my book to arrive!

I mostly just wanted to come out of lurking here, introduce myself, and say hello. You all seem like such a wonderful, supportive group. I really appreciate that the Lord is spoken of so openly and freely here :)

Vickie
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Vickie!

Isn't Debbie the GREATEST?? 

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Vickie!!!!!!
GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE POSTING!!!!

Carolyn you are so funny sweetie.  Oh by the way yes indeed I have seen the green river and partied at the irish pubs downtown on St Paddys Day before!!!!
That was a long long time ago in my younger days though.

Miss Vickie the people are these boards are all so wonderful and caring I cant stress enough that you have come home to the right place.  Noone here gives credit to anyone but God for their success on this plan.  It was God in fact who guided LDL author in finding out what he was supposed to eat by trial and error. Please dont hesitate to ask questions on these boards.  What I know about LDL pales in comparison to what all these smart people know.  Post your menus and the food police will keep you on track!!!! lol  Please also take a spin around the medical success and personal success stories threads and read about all the sickness that has been cured with this plan.  I personally have lost and kept off almost 30 lbs in a year and a half by only halfway committing to this, so I know if you throw your heart and soul into it you will finally come to terms with your eating addiction once and for all.  Had I not found this plan I would easily be over 200 lbs by now instead of down 30. 
Big Hugs to you and welcome aboard((((((((((((Vickie)))))))))))))
Love and God Bless
Debbie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

c'mon down, victorious one, and PLAN on being true to your name....there is a blessing here for EVERYONE who wants it and i KNOW you're ready...this IS an awesome way to eat...it has CHANGED my life....
  a friend of debbie's?......you could have NO better recommendation....welcome aboard..............i wish you SUCCESS............sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Vernswifevickie wrote:I mostly just wanted to come out of lurking here, introduce myself, and say hello. You all seem like such a wonderful, supportive group. I really appreciate that the Lord is spoken of so openly and freely here :)

Hi Vickie -- It's good to see you here.  I look forward to getting to know you in the days to come.  And you are absolutely right about this wonderful supportive and SPIRITUAL group.  It's a good place to be.  I'm sure you will be incredibly blessed.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hey Vickie!!! Nice to meet you. I am positive you can do this with the old book. After all....Roger didn't have any book when he figured this out! I've had the old book and have recently received #2 with the corrections that will be coming out in the new one and I can tell you, you aren't missing too many things in the new one. Most little things are...don't eat it if it causes you to not want to stop eating. and he has added some things that are now approved anytime...like brown or wild rice, whole grain cereal (like oatmeal) so you will do fine. Any ?? ask away..someone has probably had the same question at some point or another.
Vernswifevickie

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I think I'm going to like it here!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
maryg

Post by maryg »

Hi I'm Mary 24 years old and I just started the LDL diet today! I feel like I'm starving but I'm determined to do this and thought by joining the forum it would help me stay motivated. Any tips?? Thanks!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hi Mary - PLEASE don't starve yourself!!  That's the beauty about Let's Do Lunch - you eat until you are full!!  Really!  There are tons of people (no pun intended) here that will testify to that. 

Do you have a book?  If so, per Roger, please read the "diet" (I really hate that word) portion at least three times.  You'll be surprised what you miss the first or second time around.

There will be others that add to this, but DO make sure that you eat until full - no starving allowed!  And I PROMISE you, you WILL lose weight.  ;D

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Hi Vickie,

I just wanted to say WELCOME too and echo what Carolyn said.  REALLY do eat until full.  That was so hard for me to wrap my brain around at first....so contrary to everything else I tried.  Only other advice....go and buy tons of fruit, especially if you crave sugar.  I ate LOTS and LOTS of fruit at first.  Sometimes I go back and search on a post I wrote last year about how much fruit I ate and I still can't believe it.  But now it is much less.  Also, when I craved carbs I ate popcorn or corn, both I had gone without on other diets, and I love those.  This is a new lifestyle, so the most important thing is that you find LDL foods you really like and that you always eat until full.  You might lose weight fast but the key is thinking long term and doing exactly as the book says.  It really does work.  You will be less hungry and the craving for other foods will go away....just stick with it.

hth,
Julie
Vernswifevickie

Hi Julie..thanks so much for welcoming me. I appreciate the encouragement. Don't worry, I am eating plenty...LOL! It's the poster who posted after me, Mary, who feels like she's starving.  ;D
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
gail

Post by gail »

Hi! I'm Gail. I bought the book, devoured it, and jumped right in. I lost 8 lbs the first 8 days. The 9th day all of the weight was back (according to the scale. Yes, I know you're not supposed to look at it, but I thought it might help me know what my body is doing with the kinds of foods I'm eating.) I was so discouraged that I didn't want to try this any more. I know I read about the author gaining 8 lbs in one day, but my husband says that's not possible. What's going on?
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

Hello, my name is Su (with no E) and you can add me to the list of people that Miss Debbie has encouraged to hop on the LDL Wagon.

I met Debbie over at JM's Place (she shudders) and knew from the git go that she's a wonderful woman.
She's so full of Life and Energy that I just HAD to find out where it's originating from.
It appears to be coming from this wonderful meal plan and she's causing quite a frenzy of interest from alot of people.

I haven't started any type of "Journal" yet, as I've been lurking and reading for the past 20 minutes or so.
I Love the Spiritual strength in this forum and look forward to making new friends and learning as much as I can.

Miss Vickie (Vern's Wife ~ NOT Tiny Tim's) emailed me alot of info and a list of allowed Vittle's, so I can get started.
I'm glad Debbie peaked my interest and that I decided to follow Vickie on over.

Su
When We Know Better~We Do Better
~~ This Too Shall Pass ~~
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Welcome to our little world Su!!!!  You are a great and loyal friend and like Niki and Vickie you do most everything I ask of you!!!! ahahahhahah  Low carbers have such an easy time transitioning over to LDL its not even funny.  For the most part you have already given up sugar, rice, pasta, bread a long long long time ago and learned to live without it.  So now its a very easy jump to adding the fruits and veggies and beans and popcorn back into your meat menu.  Su if youre anything like Vickie youre gonna be amazed by how good this food tastes compared to the food you've been eating.  To all my LDL friends you are gonna come to love Su and Vickie as much as I do.  They are as caring, funny, loving, beautiful, and honest as they are humble.  They are loving wives, mothers, and grandmothers and Su was also a chef in another life so I can only imagine the wonderful recipes she might create or improve on once she is allowed a few more ingredients back into her diet!!!!  Let the experiments begin!!  I can only believe that God had a plan for me last summer when he sent me over to look for recipes on Jimmy Moores low carb blog.  Im sure it was to meet all these fabulous strong caring women and bring them here so they can finally once and for all find the support, love and good health that they deserved and get to eat all of Gods wonderful food that he created especially for them.  The best part of Let Do Lunch iS ITS NOT A DIET.  Its food you actually enjoy and your family enjoys and you look forward to eating and you never feel deprived if you follow it correctly.  I am so envious of the ladies whose families took to eating this way.  My daughter loves LDL but my husband and son are just too set in their ways.  Anyway..........Thank you so much Roger for so warmly welcoming my friends!!!  These are truly more of God's children who have come to feast at his table.  We are truly blessed to be given the opportunity to share this way of eating with them. 
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Vernswifevickie

Su!!! You're here!! It's going to be so great to be here together with you and Debbie and Niki and Roger and all the other wonderful people on this forum!

Debbie your welcome and introduction of Su and I as your friends has truly humbled me and made me cry! You are too kind.
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!