Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Su
New, but learning

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by Su »

Thank you Roger Troy for the wonderful Heartfelt welcome.

Debbie, you are so sweet to say all those nice things about me, now I know why I love you like I do~~You're Sooooo Honest!
LOL

Vickie, I'm happy to be here and will be doing alot of reading for awhile in all the great threads that I've seen.

I know I said on Paula's Forum that Trish didn't have anything to worry about as far as me oogling her Hubby's picture, because I was "Off Men" right now.

But being here reminded me that just because a person is on a diet, that  doesn't mean they can't look at the menu and admire something good.

By that statement I mean~
Roger Troy is one very good looking man isn't He?
Please understand that I can still see, I'm old but there's nothing wrong with my Vision~and I know Good Looking when I see it.

That will be all I'll say about our Host~so please don't scold me for speaking my mind.

GOD Bless us all and remember what doesn't kill us will make us stronger.
Our Lord has the Plan and will guide us thru each step we take to better Health.

Su
When We Know Better~We Do Better
~~ This Too Shall Pass ~~
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

yay su..........
  great to have you here.....i only know that everyone has been waiting for your arrival and i'm VERY happy to see you have now arrived HERE......you're going to LOVE eating this way....it's NOT a diet....i NEVER thought that food existed that would make me mend my ways and eat like a normal person...
  i eagerly anticipate your SUCCESS......welcome...............sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Su welcome aboard. You're going ot LOVE LDL. And in regards to "Admiring something good" Don't worry. There are MANY people out there that would agree w/ you on how good looking RT is!!  My dad used to tell me "just cuz I ordered don't mean I can't look at dessert!" Or "I ain't Dead Yet!!" Or even "I can look but I can't touch!" So look and enjoy all you want and who know's...maybe you'll meet someone special one of these days.
Veronica
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

Thank you Niki & Veronica for the welcome  :D

I have never had a problem admiring nice looking fit people whether they were male or female. I feel that if someone takes good care of themselves they should be congratulated on a job well done.
I have always thought of Strangers as Friends you haven't met yet!
So I talk to pretty much everybody.

It's nice to have a face to go with the name Niki~Debbie has talked about you for like "Forever"~nice to meet you.

I have a picture over on Paula's Forum for my Avi, but I don't know how to do all that stuff. .
Perhap's if Debbie talks Paula into coming on over she can put it up for me, that is unless y'all prefer to keep your food down!
I've been told my kisser is a good "Jump Start" for a toilet hugging.
I had her put my 7 month old Grandson's pic (Ragan James) in my Avi over there.

I will be officially starting LDL tomorrow~~I know this won't be a popular sentence, but~I had some Birthday cake to finish today as I was 59 on thurs. the 10th.
This was the first yr. since 1997 that someone bought me one & I wanted to enjoy it.

As I see it, tomorrow will be the beginning of my new & forever lasting Healthy Life.

Cheers~Bottoms Up!!!

BTW~that was with a Pineapple/Banana Smoothie!

Su

Modified to add:
Debbie I wasn't a Chef/Cook in another Life~~Just this one, for 40 yrs.
I've cooked in Hospital's, School's, Deli's and even at the County Probation Dept. for the Juvenile Hall & Boot Camp.
I also cooked for all my Family's Reunions and I'm one of 12 children to Portuguese Catholic's~~need I say more about Big Appetites!
Hellerrrrrr, I didn't think so~lol
Last edited by Su on April 13th, 2008, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Sister Su.....the Paula over here at Lets Do Lunch is named Carolyn or Queenie as she likes us to call her lol and she will put your pics up for you if you ask nicely lol  Noone will get sick cause you are beautiful you crazy woman.  In fact Tom will add you to his list of Angels when he sees how gorgous you are.  Isnt it time for you Su to start your journal so we can invade it again?  Thats how I met Su on the Low Carb boards.  The threads were all boring except for hers.....there was like a big party going on in her journal. lol  Well now you've met Miss Vickie and Miss Su.....now wait till Miss Trish gets here!!!!  She's another one of my dear friends who keeps me laughing all the time.....and when Su and Trish get together WATCH OUT!!!!  They will defineately be rocking the house when they start getting the Lets Do Lunch high from all the fruits and veggies.  I always say eating LDL feels like mood enhancing drugs cause I cant stop talking when Im eating on plan.  Now lets get to busy helping these new girls stay excited and encourage them on there new lifetime eating plan!!!!  Su you are gonna love eating like this.  Please remember to eat as much as you want as often as you want till your body naturally starts to reduce the portion sizes and want less.  If you need more protein or soup or whatever eat eat eat until you are stuffed.  Miss Vickie said it felt like a life preserver everytime she read that but its true.  This is not the time to cut portions or go hungry.  Let your body tell you when its had enough.  We are not supposed to starve we are supposed to EAT!!!!! 
Love and God Bless
Debbie
TrishM
New, but learning

Post by TrishM »

Well, since I've been lurking around in this forum ever since Debbie mentioned it on our other forum, and I see my name starting to appear here too,  :o  so I guess it's time to come out of hiding and introduce myself - I'm Debbie, Vickie and Su's friend Trish!  I am starting LDL this week as I have ordered my book and it is supposed to arrive in a couple days and I'm so excited  ;D.  I met Debbie, Vickie and Su over in JM's forum as well mostly in Su's journal where, as Debbie mentioned, there was always latte's in the pot, and a party brewing.  We've endured a bit of a rough road to get here, but it was a road well travelled cause we are wiser women who know where we belong and that we belong together.  We are soul mates, so to speak  ::).
Anyhoo, I'm happy to be here and as I've been reading your forum as a guest for a couple of weeks, I must say I'm impressed with the fellowship and honesty of the members. 
Debbie, I was so touched when you refered to me as your dear friend.  Thank you for that.  Well, that's my story so far, and just for the record, I WON'T be posting my handsome husband's photo on my Avatar any time soon  :D- LOL! 
Trish
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Su wrote:        I know this won't be a popular sentence, but~I had some Birthday cake to finish today as I was 59 on thurs. the 10th.
This was the first yr. since 1997 that someone bought me one & I wanted to enjoy it.

i hope it was DELICIOUS......we're not like that as far as that not being a popular sentence...we share our victories AND our lapses....hope it was a GREAT birthday....and, by next year for your 60th landmark birthday, you'll be thinner than you've been in YEARS......you're NOT going to believe how GREAT that feels.....niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

trish......i am getting SUCH a kick out of seeing you guys here one after the other on the let's do lunch boards.....that debbie is WONDERFUL......she should be an inspirational speaker...she ALWAYS manages to get ME to do what she wants....i don't know HOW she does it.................she's lucy...i'm ethel......she's thelma.....i'm louise(OR is SHE louise and I'M thelma?.....i don't remember)...........she just SOMEHOW brings it all together and makes it happen.............
  AND she's right...let's do lunch has managed to do for me what i never thought possible....when i go OFF?......i hate myself until i'm back....THIS way of eating is the ONLY way i can control what i eat...it has made me NORMAL...........
  i wish you ALL success...there IS a blessing here for EACH ONE of you....i just hope that after you've lost all the weight you want to lose that you stick around...AND come on our let's do lunch cruise(WHEN we have one, of course).......nikii 
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

NEWCOMERS AND DEAR FRIENDS

HERE ARE TWO THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE AT LDL EASIER......

#1 PUT THIS LINK IN YOUR FAVORITES.....ITS THE MOST RECENT LDL POSTS.
SAVES YOU TIME FROM HUNTING AROUND THE BOARDS TO SEE WHAT WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... ion=recent

#2 MAKE A POT OF SOUP ANY SOUP......BEAN WITH TURKEY HAM, TACO SOUP, PIZZA SOUP, LENTIL MEATBALL, ISRAELI CHICKPEA,  DOESNT MATTER JUST MAKE YOURSELF A BATCH SO YOU HAVE A QUICK MEAL PREPARED IN ADVANCE SO YOU DONT FIND YOURSELF HUNGRY, PREFERRABLY MAKE IT THE NIGHT BEFORE SO YOU DONT HAVE ANY EXCUSES.....LIKE CAKE AHEMMMMMM.  IF YOU DONT FINISH IT IN A DAY OR TWO PACKAGE IT UP AND FREEZE EM UP FOR LATER MEALS.
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

:( Trish,
What do you mean you won't be putting Don's picture up anytime soon?
What's up with that~Woman? I said I'd be good and not oogle him or make those sounds anymore~geeez, you take away all my fun! ::)
Is this how you prove that you've missed me for the past 3 weeks, huh~huh~is it~huh ????

Little Mary,
Thank you for the welcome and yes I agree that I will be Slim at 60!
I'm sure Roger Troy's wife is very Gorgeous and they make a wonderful looking couple~and GOD Bless them for having this place for us to learn how to be Healthy & Happy for Life.
BTW~You don't look old enough to have a 20 yr. old Baby! You're Beautiful & Young Looking! Whatever you're doing~~Keep doing it!

Hi Niki,
Thanks for the heads up about y'all being Human here and can make mistakes along with the rest of us. It's all Trial & Error until we learn the right combination. Trust me, when LDL helps me get to a healthy weight and I'm where God wants me to be~~I'll be shouting the Praise's of LDL to all I know & helping whomever I can!
It'll be time to: "Pay it Forward".

Debbie,
Paula, (Ginger at JM's) over on her forum is a good friend of mine and she has been the one to put pic's up for me at KK & JM's Place. I just mailed her a new picture of my Grandson Ragan today so she can update my Avatar. I don't have a digital camera or a scanner and she's always ready to help me.
She's Awesome!

Thanks for the compliments about my looks BUT that's NOT how I see myself at all. I figure I'm a Plain Jane~not Ribeye but not Dogfood, just average.
As I said at Paula's~I think I'm my own worse enemy, but YOU my Dear are Gorgeous~I love your smile and young looking skin!
Reckon Fresh fruit & Healthy eating will do that AND being so much younger then I am, huh Missy!

I fixed Steamed fresh Asparagus from our garden tonight with Chicken, I was out looking at our tree's and the Peaches & Pears are a growin'~we also have Pecan tree's, but don't worry about me eating them~I'm Allergic to ALL nuts it seems & can't even eat peanut butter anymore.

Guess I better start a Journal so we don't hyjack this thread like we did ~~Over There, huh?

Su
Last edited by Su on April 15th, 2008, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Welcome all newbies to the LDL family .. You'll quickly find we're a loving wacky bunch of helpful folks. ... Never hesitate to ask a question … we’re always learning (and loving) from one another !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
TrishM
New, but learning

Post by TrishM »

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.  Loving & wacky sounds right up my alley  ::).  I am very happy to be here as I am a real lover of veggies, and especially the right veggies, and have missed them on the ZC or VLC woe.  Did I mention I love beans and popcorn  ;).  However, as Debbie mentioned, because we've already weaned ourselves off sugar, pasta, rice, bread, etc. the transition to LDL should not be too difficult, in fact, I expect it to be a pleasure.  Niki, I'm pretty sure we will all still be here even after we reach our goal weights.  Good friends are not something I give up easily.  I still have my special friends from childhood and highschool - and trust me, that's been quite a few years  ;D.  Trish
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

:o A 20 yr. old AND a baby in Kindergarten~~Oh, My !!!! ;)

I thought you looked like you're in your 30's when I first looked at your picture, so don't change your routine again Lady. Those Magazine people don't know a thing about pretty women like you, all they want to aim at are Teenager's.
We are Sooooo much smarter then they are & have more money to buy the stuff the advertize in those mags!

I'd be going back to the swanky store & return that pricey stuff for a refund ASAP! Go while they can still see your reaction to the product~~Stand up for your rights and don't take no for an answer!

Debbie, Trish, Vickie and all the other crazy ladies that want to talk to me~~I started a Journal and it's called:
Su + LDL = Healthy & Happy.

I don't want to hyjack this Newcomers thread too much & I like to chat~~just ask Trish.
I'm encouraging my buddy Erin to come on over to the Sunshine and I'm sure she'll be here by the end of the week.
She & I are Die-hard Biggest Loser fans and are excited that tonight's Finale could finally give us a Female Winner, and we've waited 5 yrs. for it to happen!

Su
TrishM
New, but learning

Post by TrishM »

DIVA DEAR  :-* , I'll be right over with a thermos of Latte's (minus the HWC, of course).  ;) :D ;D  Trish
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

TrishM wrote: Did I mention I love beans and popcorn  ;)

are you my long lost sister???
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

marysimmons wrote:  I was sadly reminded of this fact when the writer for a womens' magazine article rejected me for a story on Let's Do Lunch a couple of weeks ago because I look ten years older than their average reader.

mary, was this the article on people who had jobs that made them gain weight?