Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
BradyBunchMom

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Mary,

You don't need all of that face stuff.  Take a look at this.....

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca/bblank.asp?id=6895

My daughter reminded me that I had both my preteen and teenage daughter view this a while back.  Funny how the Lord uses our children!  Now, if I could only find that software that lengthens your neck without distorting the picture....think it would work for my tummy? ;)

Lovin LDL,
Julie
Last edited by BradyBunchMom on April 16th, 2008, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrishM
New, but learning

Post by TrishM »

niki wrote:
TrishM wrote: Did I mention I love beans and popcorn  ;)

are you my long lost sister???

Could be!!!  :o I have two sisters now, but I could squeeze in another one.  I am the oldest and when I pull rank on them, they try to gang up on me >:( (AS IF).  So, I could use another sister in my camp to even up the odds.  ;) :D ;D Trish
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

TrishM wrote:
niki wrote:
TrishM wrote: Did I mention I love beans and popcorn  ;)

are you my long lost sister???

Could be!!!  :o I have two sisters now, but I could squeeze in another one.  I am the oldest and when I pull rank on them, they try to gang up on me >:( (AS IF).  So, I could use another sister in my camp to even up the odds.  ;) :D ;D Trish

i'm in.......... 8)
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

Niki,

Tread very carefully & don't say you weren't warned~ :o

Su
When We Know Better~We Do Better
~~ This Too Shall Pass ~~
sharonkayhanzelka

Post by sharonkayhanzelka »

:-* :-* :-*Dearest Troy,  You have so inspired me through God.
Have lost 40 lbs, doing this program!
When visiting my son in Hawaii, we ate all organic, yet we had organic rice with greens,  and  fresh seafood,  with 11 lbs. less to come home, yeah!
So what is the latest with you rice added to program, I am so excited!!!
Is it  always to be eaten with salad???
Also, what type of cold cereal is healthy?  I have come 1/4 my my weight goal,
blessings, Sharon from Texas, I have a friend we meet about once a week and weigh , record in a  dairy, also share week and recipes. 
Blessings and all green lights, Sharon
Harrisonac04

Post by Harrisonac04 »

Hi, my name is Anita and this is my 5th day on LDL.  I, also, have tried many diets and am bigger than I have ever been.  I have been praying about this for a while now.  I don't go out much and especially don't see people I used to know because I don't want them to see me like this.  I quit smoking about 9 months ago (another prayer).  Now I am ready to tackle this weight thing.  I saw Roger on a Christian TV talk show I had never seen before or since.  I am hoping that this is God's answer to my prayer.  I need to lose about 50 pounds.  I do not weigh because it is too depressing.  I am trying to go by how my clothes look and feel on me.  It is very depressing to try a new diet and fail because you get so hungry.  So far, I have not been that hungry on this way of eating.  How long before you start noticing a difference?
Anita
CJ

Post by CJ »

Hello Anita and welcome to LDL. You'll be amazed at how quickly you can feel the difference with clothing. You'll also be amazed at the support on this site. Congratulations on quitting smoking.

Congratulation to you and your grandson, Su. What a cutie! Is he your first? 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

sharonkayhanzelka wrote: Have lost 40 lbs, doing this program!

WONDERFUL news, sharon....keep up the good work........AND, stay in touch......sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Harrisonac04 wrote:Hi, my name is Anita and this is my 5th day on LDL.  I, also, have tried many diets and am bigger than I have ever been.  I have been praying about this for a while now.  I don't go out much and especially don't see people I used to know because I don't want them to see me like this.  I quit smoking about 9 months ago (another prayer).  Now I am ready to tackle this weight thing. 

hi anita...i lost all the weight i wanted to lose and you can too.....you'll see...the blessing starts when you lose the cravings for all the junk food..........welcome to these boards and make sure to keep us posted of your success.............sincerely,niki
sharonkayhanzelka

Post by sharonkayhanzelka »

This is thankful from Texas.
About 6 months ago, I think, viewed Troy on a Tv show and ordered book.
Touched my heart and have been on  the program since.
40 lbs less and have less of an addiction to food, also God has sent a friend to do this with.  We meet now once a week and have a confidential diary we record our weight and discuss our week.  The support really helps.N\
Spent a week in Hawaii with my son, he eats all organic and we exercised everyday with TaiChi, we ate fresh sea food and organic rice every day with organ greens, had a fruit smoothie am, lost  about 20 lbs. in a month.  So when I saw that Rice is not a trigger to gain, I am so thankful.
Have been buying HEB Brown & Wild Blend, I think it is from the Hemalayans, yet it also has California on the package.  Live in a small town in Texas and do not always have access to Natural Food Store in City.  Also, Kashi  has dry Cereal's all organic with evaporated cane juice, would this trigger weight gain and over eating.
Blessings Troy and love all the recipes.
Blessings to all and all green lights.
Sharon in Texas
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Welcome Sharon,
Great job on your progress!  From the posts I've read on the rice, I think it really depends on the type.  I'm going to look for the type you listed from HEB.  Speaking of HEB and small towns...we are just moving to the Kerrville/Fredericksburg area.  Wouldn't happen to be around there?

Lovin LDL,
Julie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I'd like to add my welcome, also!  Anita, as far as how long it takes - it's really an individual thing.  There are some people that lose a lot right from the very beginning and some that don't lose anything for a month or more, but then start losing very steadily.  I tend to lose slowly, but it DOES come off... and the best part, as you said - you're never hungry!

As Jeanne said, you'll love the boards and the support from all of the wonderful people here.  It's like a big group hug every time you log on!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Harrisonac04

Post by Harrisonac04 »

[ Eat Until You Are Full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories are consumed]

That confuses me because I thought you were not supposed to eat between meals.  I really haven't needed to but sometimes I get very hungry close to the time for my next meal.
Anita
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Anita,

Maybe I can clarify it. In the beginning of doing L.D.L, it's important to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED).  You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings.

As time goes on, your stomach will shrink, the cravings will subside, it’s at this point when you should NOT SNACK IN BETWEEN MEALS. This way it stops the “grazing” mentality many of us are victims of. We eat for no reason but TO EAT.

However, if you do find yourself legitimately hungry (either during the day or night time), then eat fresh fruit, allowed vegetables, popcorn. You never want to “starve” yourself. If you do, you’ll “fall off the wagon”.

Hope this helped.

Tom
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Harrisonac04

Post by Harrisonac04 »

That does help.  I don't remember reading that in the book.  thanks for your help Tom.
Anita