Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cin4321

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by cin4321 »

My name is Cindy and I just purchased the book from the website a couple weeks ago after seeing Roger on the "Homekeepers" program.  I finished reading the book for the first time and I am excited about the program.  I need to lose between 80 and 90 lbs.  I have tried numerous diets and have not been very successful.    Due to budget, I am slowly getting started and will increase as time goes on.  I have a niece who is 17 and weighs over 200 lbs so I have purchased a book for her also.

Thank you Roger for the encouragement.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Cindy!

How wonderful that you bought a book for your neice, too.  You'll LOVE this program - and the best part is that YOU'LL NEVER BE HUNGRY!!  You'll become much healthier with the added bonus of dropping weight - sounds like a perfect program, doesn't it?  (It is!!!!)

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

cin4321 wrote: Due to budget, I am slowly getting started and will increase as time goes on. 

Hi Cindy:

I need to tell you Cindy, that at the heart of this program is the noble bean. There are so many things you can do with it that even on a limited budget, you will eat well and believe me my wife (Delia) and I are no strangers to the economic rollercoaster, in fact I think we are in the seat behind you! Summer is here and the prices are getting better in the fruit and veggie department (I saw grapes for 80 cents a pound this morning. This is a great time to start the plan.

We have a Bean Queen (Niki) who will guide you through the process and all the support in the world.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

[glow=red,2,300]W E L C O M E    Cin4321!!!  And  all you other NEWBIES!!!![/glow]

We are so happy you've found us!  Yes, Let's Do Lunchtm is the most wonderful way I have found to: EAT, EAT, EAT until you are full, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be hungry, lose UNWANTED pounds, put blood glucose readings into the normal range, and cholesterol too where it belongs!  IT IS.....GGGgggrrreeeaaaattttt!

As Roger says, please reread the "diet" portion of the book at least three (3) times to be sure you learn the basics of LDL.  It is completely different from all the other weight loss plans that I have ever heard about and done.  BUT this one is the bestest!!!

On Let's Do Lunchtm YOU NEVER NEED TO BE HUNGRY.  There is plenty of food for you to eat.  There are plenty of food choices too!  When you first begin you will find you will eat much more food than when you have been on it for a month or two.  Trust me, you will begin to find your clothes fitting looser....and looser.....and looser.  And you will KNOW beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are losing weight.  If you want to weigh BEFORE you start, you SHOULD NOT WEIGHT again before a month is up (At least!!!).  And you will find that your appetite will just naturally become less and less.  Don't try to eat less on your own.  You will find that this is a natural thing that happens.  Just keep eating until you are full!!!

There are lots of free recipes on the boards for you to copy and print for your use.  You may find that you will come up with some and we would appreciate it if you will share them with us.

Again, WELCOME to Let's Do Lunchtm, and the LDL boards and the LDL......T R A I N....  Find your seat, buckle up, you are in the ride of your life....eating ALL the calories until you are full....eating LDL CARBS....never being hungry again....and losing all the weight you want to lose.  Who can beat a train ride like that!!!

All aboard.......here we go.....chugging down the track.........woooooooooooo-wooooooooo  I hear the train a comin'......it's a comin' on down the track.....ready to pick up Cindy and all the others that are waiting a'side the track....we are heading to our destination...of.....

[glow=blue,2,300]S K I N N Y T O W N !!![/glow]

Love,
Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on June 25th, 2008, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
leoraj
New, but learning

Post by leoraj »

Hi my name is Leora I am extremely active but am never satisfied with processed carbohydrates no matter how many i eat....I have a bingeing not willing to stop eating problem, but I am also extremellllly active so you can't tell....However I want to make a life change...if there is any additional advice for extremely active exercisers please share! thanks
stuff me with some LDL stuffin
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

W E L C O M E  Leora  to  Let's Do Lunchtm!!!

That is first ! to let you know that you are welcome here at LDL!  Now, I am wondering IF you have tried LDL, are you NOT satisfied with the foods?  Or are you simply NOT satisfied with the quantity (there is NO QUANTITY limit on the LDL foods) of foods you are eating.  Or are you simply hunting for more info at the moment.

You see, the bingeing part and the NOT WANTING to stop eating for me were before LDL.  I used to get up from the table ~ FULL for the moment....and yet be "HUNTING" for something to eat.  It was the why that I didn't understand!  For me, it was the missing nutrients caused by eating the wrong things ~ BUT, what I was eating was what my body told me it was craving.  However, when we began LDL, we (Hubby & I) both found out that we were eating wrong foods, foods that caused those cravings and dissatisfaction even though we had just completed a big meal.  SO, it isn't necessarily the case of NOT ENOUGH food ~ but more of NOT THE RIGHT foods to supply the necessary nutrients that cause those feelings.

When you start to eat the LDL foods, your body will soon be more satisfied and with a smaller quantity of food...because you are feeding it the nutrients that it demands.  White flour,  and sugar are addicting.  It seems like the MORE you eat of them...the MORE of them you want.  But when you eliminate them from your eating plan, you will naturally feel better and find your desires (cravings) will be toward fruits and veggies and even beans.

If you don't like beans now, no problem.  You may find that you will be craving them.  Since they really have NO taste of their own, you simply flavor them to suit your taste.  They make great mashed betatoes!  Thickeners for soups.  Geat side dishes.  There are many, many uses for the mighty bean!  Watch for our bean queen to add to this thread and you will see that she has many recipes posted for the great bean! 

If you have the Let's Do Lunchtm book, please be sure to read the "diet" portion at least three (3) times to be sure you absorb all the new and different concepts that are in the book.  This is the most different and unusual plan I've ever seen in my life.  BUT, it is one that you can stick with for the rest of your life.  If you goof and eat something that is NOT LDL allowable, just forget that you did that and go back to the plan.  It really is just that simple!  You did NOT learn to walk in a day...and maybe it will take you a few days to follow LDL correctly, but you will learn it.  Trial and error sometimes is what it takes some of us to learn the proper LDL way.  But persevering to that end is what it is all about.

Keep on...keeping on.....on LDL.....stay aboard the train...we are heading on down the tracks.....to our destination...and that is......

S K I N N Y T O W N !!!

Love,
Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on July 1st, 2008, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
leoraj
New, but learning

Post by leoraj »

Thanks all, I appreciate the support...I do indeed have a copy of the book and finished skimming through it two days ago! I guess I was trying to find out about other people who are intensively active, but it does seem to allow you to eat as much calories as necessary so I have no reason to complain. My only concern is that I feel like I will have to give in to grains, albeit whole and nutritious like the wasa crackers or whole wheat products more often and with a greater quanitity than I would if I didn't exercise....am I just being paranoid?
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

leoraj wrote:My only concern is that I feel like I will have to give in to grains, albeit whole and nutritious like the wasa crackers or whole wheat products more often and with a greater quanitity than I would if I didn't exercise....am I just being paranoid?

Leora:

I think you need to really read the book carefully the recommended (Roger's) three times. I myself am a volume eating couch potato. I use the wasa crackers to make sandwiches and found that once I got used to it (hard and crunchy as opposed to soft and chewy) that they are really quite useful. Roger does warn us about overdoing the wasa's and the handover sourdough pretzels so do be careful.

Beans are your new best friends (besides us). The bean queen (Niki) will guide you through that if you have any questions about preparation or uses.

The people you see who frequently respond to the boards are for the most part very knowledgable about the program and can give you good advice................I personally am somewhat of a goofball and a storyteller, the "comic relief" of LDL. But am always serious about the benefits of this wonderful way of life.

Welcome, and let's see you on the boards from time to time,

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Leora,

Please do read and reread Roger's book at least THREE (3) times to be sure you absorb the information that is lodged in there.  This is a completely different plan from any I've ever been on before.  I also had the concerns about bread.

When I started LDL I ate alot of the Corn Thins.  Now, I very rarely eat them.  I am from Amish descent and potatoes, noodles, rolls, and bread are staples in their diet and menu.  But with eating all the Let's Do Lunchtm foods and eating until I was full then suddenly the desires for those things was gone. 

We love the mashed betatoes.  I usually only do one or two cans of them so we don't have a bunch of leftovers, so you can just cut the recipe down to 1/4 or 1/2. 

Give LDL a good chance to work for you.  You might find out you can do without the grains just like I did and not miss them.

Love,
Jeanne
leoraj
New, but learning

Post by leoraj »

Alright, I'm in, like 100%.....I already cheated an hour ago on some low sugar oatmeal....oh me oh my.......will read the book again as soon as I get home.....it definitely feels better to eat such fulfilling foods......I don't know why I strayed away.....if I can have beans with my breakfast I'm sure I can stay satisfied enough till lunch!!!! It may take me a while to buy the right things...I bought a bunch of popcorn but I think it has butter on it because it tasted a bit toooo good if you know what i mean....but I look forward to having more energy to workout all the time and be me to my fullest potential!!!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Leoraj!

Welcome and yes, you are right to be suspicious of many of the items you find in the stores that are ready to eat.  Why don't you get yourself one of those cheapie popcorn poppers and a few bags of pop corn.  You can pop it yourself in no time.  It's so filling.. i love popcorn in the morning when i'm particularly hungry.  i have some with a bowl of lentils....it's soooo delicious and really satisfying!

Experience tells us that 1) when we're having cravings for something -- you mentioned oatmeal -- you might have needed more beans, lentils, peas or corn in your food plan and
2) we all seem to have fallen off the wagon at some point but you can get right back on.  When i fell off i found that the only way to really get back on is to start LDL fresh from the very beginning and really eat all the fresh juicy sweet fruits i can shove in my pie hole and all the beans and other complex carbs that i want or need.  That is the ONLY thing that seems to cut the craving cycle. 

Again, welcome to LDL!

God bless
margo
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Margo,
      You are funny! You don't have a pie hole anymore. You have an ice cream hole! Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

leoraj wrote:I look forward to having more energy to workout all the time and be me to my fullest potential!!!

then you're DEFINITELY in the right place....eat as many bean soups as you are able...at any time you want them and even before a craving really takes off....BEANS really do the trick......hi...i'm the bean queen...welcome....niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hi LeoraJ, I am Veronica AKA The Princess of the Bean.  You won't find anyone of us who at some point or another that hasn't gone off plan, suffered briefly and then returned. One of my favorite daily menu's is: LARGE fruit smoothie in the morning (33-40 oz), Salad at lunch w/ or w/o lean meat (sometimes chicken, sometimes steak, others just bean/corn/cottage cheese (nonfat)), if no meat at lunch: steak/or chicken etc for dinner along w/ veggies, brown rice or maybe fruit and/or popcorn. I drink Ice Tea all day long (and most of the night as well!) You'll figure out the best way to make this work for you. AND if by chance you do veer off course, just be sure to jump back on board, come to the message boards and we'll be here to give you whatever support you need.
Welcome aboard our SkinnyTown Express Railroad. We make plenty of stops, go as fast as we need/slow as we need and will assist each of us to make our final destination of SKINNYTOWN!
leoraj
New, but learning

Post by leoraj »

thanks all! I'll be sure to be a regular on the boards....I'm a total beaner wannabe!
Sheriee

Post by Sheriee »

Ok...here i am...*wave*...another newcomer. My name is Sheriee. Had i not seen where Mr. Wilson says "newcomers introduce yourself", i would have stayed hidden and just browsed through the message board gleaning information.  ;)
I do not have the book "yet" as i just "stumbled" upon this only a few days ago....literally. Had not heard of it before. Googled a search on fruit and was somehow linked to Amazon.com n Mr. Wilson's  book. Well, with something "in your face", a person will normally read....right??? So, i checked out all the reviews. I wasn't looking for a weight loss answer, although i am overweight by a long shot and have been following the Zone. Enjoying the fruit smoothies with "limited fruit" and avoiding many of the things mentioned here and was actually loosing some weight. However, since i thoroughly enjoy ALL fruits and vegetables...i was tempted to give it a shot due to the fact that they are not "limited" by LDL.
Well, i tried the bean thing several days ago along with some of the other foods that are allowable and to tell the truth, i have been more hungry since switching than i was on the Zone..."no slam intended, K??" Just being honest...Can't say why really, but the first day i ate a bowl of beans, which normally i do beans only occasionally,  i couldn't get enough. Even ate more when i wasn't really hungry...til i was literally STUFFED.....so i didn't cook them the next few days until today. Had some on Sun. at my brother's house but just had two bowls for dinner n i was done.....so not sure what happened that first day.
I'm hypoglycemic and have recently watched as two of my brothers have dropped like flies to diabetes but i began to radically change my way of eating about a yr. ago hoping to ward off the same problem. I have seen first hand what it does to people as my husband has had it a good part of his life. I just recently had to admit him to a nursing home for dementia. His arteries were thrashed by the diabetes and he has had other health issues along with the dementia as well....all a result of having diabetes. So, i'm gonna keep on keeping on in my quest to avoid it.
Anyway....just introducing myself...