Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Re: Newcomers ... Please introduce yourself!

Post by snowbirdie »

greetings Shariee,
      Glad to see you found us. Let me tell you that since Iv'e been following this eating plan I have lost weight went from a size 1x to a size 14. IHave eliminated 2 heart medications and 1 diabetis medication. So go ahead take a chance on us and eat all the fruit and yummy beans you can!
                              Judie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Shariee,
Make sure you check out the Medical Success Stories. There are quite a few from diabetics who have turned their health around with LDL.  Let's Do Lunch REALLY WORKS!!!!
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Shariee...1) Welcome to LDL    2) It's possible you were more hungry because you were eating things you haven't had in a long time? I'm not an expert, but I know when I've eaten something I haven't had it will sometimes cause a "Craving".
I'd say give us a month (after you get and read the book) and I'm 99% sure you'll never want to go back to your other way of eating. I've been on plan (mostly) for almost 2 years. I've lost a significant amount of weight (around 50 something #'s) but the best part for me is I've kept it off! I've still got a significant amount to go, but eventually I'll get there. 
You'll learn to use "Different" scales than the normal ones you think of. (rings looser, belts need to be tighter, clothes that did fit now you swim in etc). I know for a fact that the regular scale is telling me I've stayed at the same weight for the past 3 months, but  my clothes are looser, my rings spin on my finger, other people are telling me "you've lost a lot of weight! Your face is sooo much thinner!" Those of us on LDL know that the regular scale will lie to us and it's just a matter of time til it will finally catch up with the other scales.
So to make this long story shorter: Welcome again to LDL. It's nice to see another new face!
Sheriee

Post by Sheriee »

Hello again,
Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you. Nice to have the encouragement too. :D
I just this minute ordered the book so will read it as soon as it gets here. But, have been eating like Mr. Wilson says for beginners and ya know..i've actually went up an inch in my waist. :(  But, no worries...i won't judge it til i have tried it for at least a mo. or so.
"Before pics can be seen at my space....URL below. As i progress i'll post the "during" pics.
Nice weekend to all ") n thanx again.....
Sheriee

www.myspace.com/imakeyskid
Last edited by Sheriee on July 24th, 2008, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheriee

Post by Sheriee »

Hello Mr. Wilson,

As for the info on how a person should start eating on LDL, here is your post:

"HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Basically the big NO NO’s are:
Breads, grains, nuts, seeds, starches (this includes: breaded foods, dextrose, gluten, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.), sugar

What you are permitted:
Beans: Great source of protein (especially eaten in conjunction with corn - makes a complete protein)

Fruit (either alone or as a smoothie)

Meats: meats, chicken (skin removed), fish – should be eaten only at lunch, however there are exceptions.

Vegetables

You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED).

Your meals should consist of the following:

Breakfast and Supper: should consist of only beans, fruits and vegetables (there are exceptions). .

Lunch: is where you eat your (lean) meat protein, along with your beans/fruits/vegetables (there are exceptions).

DO NOT SNACK IN BETWEEN MEALS. However, if you find yourself hungry (during the day or night time), then eat fresh fruit, allowed vegetables, popcorn. Remember, in the beginning it's important to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL .
Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out". You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb recipes. You also need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies).

I have been eating like this now since i started it. Every day i start my day off with either fruit or a green smoothie, for dinner i have some beans or mixed veggies, a few hrs. later i have a pretty large bowl of popcorn, then for supper i usually end it with a smoothie, watermelon or some sort of fruit, and maybe some popcorn later, but most times not.
And, i'm having other problems too. I hate talking about this too, but i mean....all of us have a food processor on top with a disposal on bottom. Well, i'm having some serious problems with my disposal, if you know what i mean. Big time!!  :( 
Today for breakfast i had my smoothie, for dinner i had some bbq pork..just the meat...about 6 oz., later a bowl of my homemade chili which was made with hamburger, beans n tomato sauce w/chili seasoning, and a few bites of popcorn sometime later. I don't usually do heavy stuff though, like the chili. Today was just the exception. That's it so far today. And for supper, it may be watermelon, grapes or a smoothie.
But Mr. Wilson, not to worry. It could just be my switching from one way of eating to another too. I'm not too overly concerned about it personally. And i wasn't saying LDL doesn't work....no worries, k??? It also could be the hypoglycemia thing that is just bucking and screaming against the change too. I have usually avoided eating very much starches for quite some time. There are several factors that could be figured in.
I haven't cheated from what is pasted above. I've stayed right with the guidelines and usually keep my meals simple....either smoothies, beans, veggies, fruit or popcorn. Haven't really put anything together yet....it's too hot to cook really.
Ok, i'll check back in later....
amysunday

Post by amysunday »

Hello Everyone!!!
My name is Amy and my entire family is new to Let's Do Lunch.  I work with a gentleman who lost 40 pounds and his wife 30 pounds and says that this program is the first one he looked at that actually made sense.  One of his favorite parts of the program was that the foods were everyday foods that could be bought at the grocery store  without having to take out a mortgage on the house!!
Anyway me, my husband, and two daughters (Hailey 15, and Brittany 11) have all decided that we want to be healthier and skinnier!!! Although my daughters really don't need to lose any weight, I applaud the fact that they realize that healthy eating is the only way to maintain their slim appearance.  My husband needs to lose about 50 pounds and I would like to lose about 40.  I have ordered the book, it's on it's way, until then I have been looking at the message board for tips as well as recipes to get us all started.
Also, my husband has started working out (I'm so proud of him) by lifting weights and running three times a week, for myself...I walk about 5-6 miles at work, and have started using the treadmill at home as well.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi amy...welcome aboard...there's NO BETTER way to eat in the world....and you'll love the fact that you have loads of energy eating this way, enough to supply ANY exercise program......check out our boards and our recipes...there are questions and answers galore...remember to eat UNTIL full making yourselves nice sized meals.....and eat BEANS......you CAN'T eat too many beans....they stabilize your blood sugars more than anything else...........look for THOSE recipes in particular......and you'll also find instructions on working with dried beans........i look forward to hearing of your family's success.......sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to our LDL family. This is the best and easiest plan I've ever tried. I'm glad your family is willing to support you in this journey and that you're going to do this together. Follow the advice you'll find here on the boards, ask questions (nothing to small or silly or *gasp* "Stupid" around here) We're here to help each other in our quest for healthier eating.
We look forward to getting to know you so please visit often!
Veronica
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

robnveronica wrote:(nothing to small or silly or *gasp* "Stupid" around here)

Well, I'm proof of that!

Hi Amy!

Welcome to the family! Please join us on the message boards as Roger suggested. There are two things that will really keep you on track, one is reading and posting comments and the other is the book. When you get it, read it THREE TIMES. This is very important! Then or in between readings have your husband read it. Pass the book over to the girls and have THEM read it too!

In the book Roger will guide you with the proper food supplies to store or toss. In the meantime load up on fresh fruit and mix up a batch of low fat ground beef or ground sirlion with skinless ground chicken or turkey at a ratio of 50/50 beef to poltry to start or even better 25/75 (I mix up 4-6 pounds at a time). The poltry will take on the flavor of the beef and you can eat it until it comes out of your ears. Get yourself some fresh corn and have an LDL barbecue. Use the rest to make meatloaf, chili, pizza soup (not a typo), meatballs, stuffed peppers or whatever you use ground beef for.

O.K.,........gotta stop here, I'm making myself hungry.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.