BROWN RICE GUINEA PIG #2

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: BROWN RICE GUINEA PIG #2

Post by robnveronica »

Thanks Mary! This will help me a lot!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

gpm.............that's GREAT that you're going to do this....i can't wait to know the outcome.......................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks, Mary!  Do you think wild rice (the real stuff and not the processed stuff) would have the same results as the brown rice?  I like wild rice, but have not eaten much of it because I wasn't sure if it would stymie my weight loss. Or are we talking about the same thing when we talk about brown rice and wild rice?  Thanks for any input.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

itsmimi

Post by itsmimi »

Bless your heart, Mary.  You're a big girl and I'm sure you can figure out when you should eat your rice without everyone else's input so I won't add my 2cents in that regard, but I for one am thankful to you too.  Fondly,
Mimi
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks for the info, Mary.  I used to eat a "Chinese Casserole" made with ground beef, rice, Cream of Mushroom soup, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions, soy sauce and seasonings.  I'm going to try and duplicate it, but instead of using Cream of mushroom soup, I'll use puree of beans. It will be nice to be able to eat one of my favortie "comfort foods" again.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

oh...i can't wait...

i must say that since i've laid off the dark dark brown rice, i feel lighter...i won't put it back in my menu until June when Little Mary weighs in again!

thanks and God bless you for being our guinea pig!...(piglet, that is...well...cause you're little  ;D
margo
itsmimi

Post by itsmimi »

marysimmons wrote:
Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Also, I just received an email from a lady who said that her Mother had recently received the book from us, with the "coming" changes to the next printing (which includes dark-brown brown rice and wild rice in the same context as was done in the original book with Whole-grain Fat-free Crispbread with no sugar in the ingredients), and that she has not only lost weight but that she has NEVER FELT BETTER IN HER LIFE!

God bless,

Roger Troy

There's no question in anyone's mind, I'm sure, that if a person was to go from eating in the customary American fattening way--consuming jelly donuts and lasagne and french fries, etc.--to a more healthy LDL diet without those items and brown rice included, that they would be healthier and lose weight.  No doubt about it.  Even giving up just one bowl of ice cream or one bagel & cream cheese a day is going to make an improvement over time vs. not making any changes to bad eating habits at all.

The BIG question on my mind and many other peoples' minds, Roger, is whether or not LDL WITH the new addition of dark brown rice, is going to be less effective and offer less success than LDL WITH the regular consumption of dark brown rice and wild rice.  I figured after four years of success with "traditional" Let's Do Lunch, I'd be the perfect study specimen to find out the answer to this question.  I'm definitely encouraged by some of the things I have read on-line when trying to research this, BUT you can also find good feedback on-line about many other traditional "diet foods" that we know aren't that good at all.  So this is sure going to be an interesting experiment, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Love,

Little Mary

yes.  That's exactly my "BIG" question too.  The $100,000 question!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

There's no question in anyone's mind, I'm sure, that if a person was to go from eating in the customary American fattening way

Thats what I adore about you Mary you are so smart!!!!  Im glad you are taking this seriously and not making up your mind while the jury is still out.  I believe that is the only way for your test to be truthful.  I am also VERY INTERESTED in knowing that even if you DID LOSE weight by adding the brown rice if it caused you to have any more CRAVINGS than usual.  That in my opinion would make it more difficult for someone not already at goal and maintaining to stick with LDL long term and being able to lose all the weight they want and keep it off.  There is no doubt in my mind that you will be giving this the scientific thorough approach thats needed and I just want you to know how much I appreciate the time and effort you are undertaking to make sure we all have accurate true information in a world that is full of the lastest fad or gimmick for weightloss.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

marysimmons wrote:  Even giving up just one bowl of ice cream or one bagel & cream cheese a day is going to make an improvement over time vs. not making any changes to bad eating habits at all.

WELL SAID, MARY...........that's why i, along with everyone else am waiting with baited breath for your conclusions....what you say is absolutely true....there ARE a lot of people who DO eat something very like let's do lunch along with whole grains...and some of them do pretty good at maintaining a normal weight.....but, to ME that's just a shadow of let's do lunch and not it's essence....
  i really can't tell you how much i appreciate your doing this....and you REALLY are conducting it in a very scientific manner so that there will really be NO doubt in MY mind as to the validity of your results......thank you........very sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gene

Post by Gene »

Dear Little Mary,

Where can I get the dark brown brown rice, I have looked everywhere aroung Houston, all I can find is brown rice.

ICL
Gene
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Gene - I'm not Little Mary, but I know that around here, I have to get it at a health food store.  You can also buy it online.  If you want to see a picture of the kind I buy, click on this link and scroll down a little bit.  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=4242.0

I hope this helps.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."