EVOO Mayo

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

EVOO Mayo

Post by joecaracappa »

Hellmans / Best Foods has an extra virgin olive oil mayonnaise with half the fat content..............is it a yes or a no?

Also Raisin Bran, Y or N?

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: EVOO Mayo

Post by EnJae »

I have a family member that uses the one by Kraft.
Ingredients:
water, olive oil, canola oil, soybean oil, vinegar, modified food starch, sugar, maltodextrin, eggs, contains less than 2% of salt, mustard, flour, dried onion, dried garlic, natural flavor, enzyme modified egg yolk, beta carotene (color), lactic acid, potassium sorbate and calcium disodium edta as preservatives, phosphoric acid
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

O.K., thanks guys.

Mary, speaking of salmonella Angelica was at the house yesterday and for some reason put a half dozen of Delia's favorite apples in to the meat tender on top of two thawed (packaged) chickens we picked up at COSTCO.

Because I was right in the middle of making RT Burgers, I took the apples and tossed them into the sink for disposal later. Delia saw the fruit and insists that the apples are perfectly O.K., and that all we have to do is rinse them off.

I'm going to be a disobedient husband and toss the apples and replace them ASAP because by the time I get some feedback on this it may be too late.

Now am I being a bit paranoid or is storing loose apples on top of packaged raw poltry a bad thing?

Joe
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I just got back from COSTCO with a fresh box of Delia's apples, the old ones are history!

Joe
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

last summer, my daughter did an internship with the department of health and she was assigned the task of investigating restaurants.....she looked up restaurants in our area to see who was cited and she saw that a diner near us had a carrot on top of raw meat and had been fined by the doh................if YOU knew what goes on in the kitchens of most restaurants you eat in, you would NOT eat there.....although for that matter, if you saw how food was often handled in the supermarkets, you might stop eating altogether........or(BETTER choice), you would be living back on a farm drinking bessie's milk and eating henrietta's eggs..........
    WHO KNOWS how many times you've eaten food that was contaminated by WHO KNOWS WHAT?................do you think that in restaurants they ALWAYS wash their hands?....you think they clean EVERY surface that's touched by raw meat?....it's nice to think "yes" but probably not....
    if that happened to me, i would peel and eat those apples.....i would ALSO talk to angelica and make sure she's more careful in the future so she doesn't poison you guys............when i first came on these boards, i posted a lengthy post about cleaning up the kitchen after things like raw meat and chicken because there ARE people here that REALLY started cooking since being introduced to let's do lunch.....i have often reviewed with my children, also........................it's SCARIER now because of those tomatoes with salmonella.......you just have to be CAREFUL.................niki
Last edited by niki on August 1st, 2008, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

niki wrote:last summer, my daughter did an internship with the department of health and she was assigned the task of investigating restaurants.....she looked up restaurants in our area to see who was cited and she saw that a diner near us had a carrot on top of raw meat and had been fined by the doh................if YOU knew what goes on in the kitchens of most restaurants you eat in, you would NOT eat there.....although for that matter, if you saw how food was often handled in the supermarkets, you might stop eating altogether........

When I took the course to become a Food Service Manager, I was astounded to find out that there is bacteria that can survive boiling AND sub-zero temperatures.  Good grief!  Why haven't we all gotten ill?  :-\

I've had food poisioning twice - and both times it was horrible!  Once when I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter and the other just 5 years ago.  The last time I had it, I'd stopped for a chicken biscuit - I was getting ready to move into my apartment & was rushing & was hungry.  It wasn't until a few days later that I remembered a report about the SAME fast food place I'd stopped in - BUNCHES of cases of food poisioning reported.  ick! :P 

OK, I've got to stop talking about this!  ;)

Joe - I just had a wasa with a teaspoon of your pesto atop - YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."